Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:58   #166

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

I don't understand why they would launch style plus and then discontinue within a month of launch, rebadge it as L& K, jack up the price. To me it seems they just want to increase the price. I had booked a style plus petrol but now the dealer in chennai says they don't have style plus anymore. I have to go for L&K, which is 30K plus more. Quite silly unprofessional of them.

Does anyone understand what's going on?
hasanahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 19:42   #167
BHPian

The other day I went to the skoda service center with one of my friends who is in Skoda sales. When inquired about the possibility of swapping the puddle lights and the number plate lights on the facelift model with the pre facelift model, he said even a swap of the bulbs would void warranty. And also that the ambient lighting on the facelift model cannot be swapped with the pre facelift model. Though I did read somewhere on the forum that this could be possible.
What do you guys think. Could you please shed some light on this?
Old 29th August 2017, 16:03   #168
BHPian

Hi folks,

I have booked the 1.8 TSI style and am also waiting for the vrs launch tomorrow. I felt the style met my needs. I am not too keen on the sunroof, navigation and the autopark options in the style plus. The one thing i might miss would be the electric seats and probably the TPMS. My primary query is whether the style comes with 4 or 6 airbags?

Has anyone got delivery of the style option and how do the velorum alloys look on the car. It would be great if someone could post pictures of the actual car. The VRS alloys look cool and would be a nice option to consider.

And finally, the standard question. Are the 7 speed DSG problems sorted, or are they still a hit or miss.

Happy motoring
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 17:34   #169
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Hi folks,

I have booked the 1.8 TSI style and am also waiting for the vrs launch tomorrow. I felt the style met my needs. I am not too keen on the sunroof, navigation and the autopark options in the style plus. The one thing i might miss would be the electric seats and probably the TPMS. My primary query is whether the style comes with 4 or 6 airbags?

Has anyone got delivery of the style option and how do the velorum alloys look on the car. It would be great if someone could post pictures of the actual car. The VRS alloys look cool and would be a nice option to consider.

And finally, the standard question. Are the 7 speed DSG problems sorted, or are they still a hit or miss.

Happy motoring
Go with the vRS and avoid the inevitable buyer's remorse.

You'll always be wary of the gearbox on the 1.8 giving up on you. The DQ200 is a known trouble maker, don't take any chances with it. I don't even drive mine to even as far as the airport, lest it leaves me stranded far away.

You'll be keeping the car for a few years, may as well go with the best you can get.
Old 29th August 2017, 17:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
You'll always be wary of the gearbox on the 1.8 giving up on you. The DQ200 is a known trouble maker, don't take any chances with it. I don't even drive mine to even as far as the airport, lest it leaves me stranded far away.
I have started finding myself sounding repetitive by the number of times I keep validating this - the vRS DSG is known to be trouble free and is a wet clutch box, right?
Old 29th August 2017, 17:48   #171
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
I have started finding myself sounding repetitive by the number of times I keep validating this - the vRS DSG is known to be trouble free and is a wet clutch box, right?
That's right. It has the more reliable DQ250 wet clutch, with a higher torque rating.

The 2.0 in the vRS is also a world class engine that does duty in many different VAG models.
Mtv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 23:54   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
That's right. It has the more reliable DQ250 wet clutch, with a higher torque rating.

The 2.0 in the vRS is also a world class engine that does duty in many different VAG models.
While I do agree with the submission. But, 1.8 TSI is also right up there been using it and am quite happy with it. Done about 1200 Kim's in 20 days mostly late night city driving but my kids have taken it on expressway and daytime Delhi bumper to bumper traffic. Until now

No issue with the gearbox yet, Superlative performance at this price point. With so much of electronics I feel, I am driving a computer (SKoda oneApp gives you that feeling).

I have driven latest X1, S60, XC60 & older Mondeo extensively in Kualalumpur and Dubai. This car is much better, love the sunroof gives you a better feeling of space like any other.

The Adaptive lights are fantastic. The interiors are really good for this price point. The cabin lighting is amazingly refreshing makes you feel almost spoilt especially when you stop and are alighting.

Having said that, I am sure VRS would be way better on performance (I haven't driven it) but I am not going to pay 20% extra for it to get track level performance & bragging rights or maybe

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th September 2017 at 12:30. Reason: Properly formatted the post. Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 08:02   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
While I do agree with the submission. But, 1.8 TSI is also right up there been using it and am quite happy with it.

No issue with the gearbox yet,
Superlative performance at this price point

Having said that....

I am sure VRS would be way better on performance (I haven't driven it) but I am not going to pay 20% extra for it to get
Track level performance
Bragging rights

Or maybe
No offense, I think it's worth every penny of the premium.

1 The 1.8 Tsi is great. the 2.0 is special. 2.The dq200 is always a gamble (4 GT TSIs I know have had clutch/mechatronic replacements and I'm always a bit scared of mine going the same way).
3. Those seats and the all Black interiors...something else.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 11:44   #174
BHPian

I was in the market for a sedan and the Octavia Style TSI was under serious consideration. It would have been a stretch for me but I would have made it if the product was worth it. Unfortunately the only Skoda dealer in Pune would not give me a test drive. Neither would they show me a display vehicle. It sounds unbelievable given how much bad press Skoda has got here but it is true.

I called up the Skoda dealer on a Wednesday stating my interest in an Octavia TSI. A sales representative got in touch with me and promised to call back with a confirmed date and time for test drive. No followup for a day.

I call back and finally get a confirmation that the test drive vehicle will be brought to my home on a Saturday morning. No further follow up. I call up multiple times on Saturday and the sales rep tells me that he will call back. Eventually the rep moves the test drive to Sunday morning.

No followups from the sales rep. I call up multiple times on Sunday and the rep after several conflicting responses eventually tells me that a test drive at home is not possible. All along I had explicitly stated that I am willing to drive to any location in Pune to look at the car and get a test drive. Neither the date nor the time is a constraint. I gave the rep a final chance to arrange for a display/test drive anywhere/anytime in the following week and proactively follow up or I would go elsewhere.

No followup again. No commitment. Not even a willingness to show me a display car at their showroom. I finally give up and test drove an Elantra and a Verna on the following Wednesday and finally booked the Verna on Friday as I felt it was fantastic value for money. 10 days end to end and Skoda would not give me a test drive.

I am as a rule unfailingly polite with sales people as I know the pressure that they operate under. However this was by far the most frustrating experience that I have endured with a dealer. That too for a premium product. Even when a customer was being extremely flexible about everything.

Would I buy a Skoda in the future. Possibly, but never from this dealer.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:49   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Would I buy a Skoda in the future. Possibly, but never from this dealer.
Exactly. These premium brands tend to give a good experience in big cities and metros only. Maybe the smaller towns don't have such good infrastructure etc in order to facilitate a smoother service standard. It's very much the a possibility in India. So you would have had a better experience if you were buying in, say, Mumbai. They are very enthusiastic down here. And customers are experiencing increasing levels of service standards.

Unfortunately our Government doesn't have any strict rules or guidlines for these automakers to adhere to so it's a free run for them to act however they want. What makes me wonder is that why does that stop them from doing good business by offering good standards of service? Why do you need the Government cracking a whip behind you to do it?
Old 3rd September 2017, 14:15   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Exactly. These premium brands tend to give a good experience in big cities and metros only.
I had an excellent experience at B.U. Bhandari Volkswagen and at the Nexa showroom near Abhimanshree. Very professional, courteous and both gave me multiple test drives.

I had a very good experience at the only Jeep showroom at S.B. Road. Walked in on a weekend and got a test drive of the Compass in 15 minutes. The sales representative was very attentive despite the fact that I told him that I'm just testing the vehicle out.

I had a very good experience at Sanjay Hyundai where they called me for a test drive but the vehicle wasn't there. They swiftly apologised and sent the TD vehicle to my home on the same day at 8pm, an hour after their closing time. I went ahead and booked knowing that they cared.

Skoda was an unmitigated disaster in comparison. Pune is not a small town and each of their competitors, including Jeep whose product is a runaway success has customer service that is so much better. This seems to be a Skoda specific problem as far as I can see it. And no government regulation can fix disinterest and apathy.

Final comment as I don't wish to take this thread , this is just not the sales rep being a problem either. I escalated to their front desk too.

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 3rd September 2017 at 14:23.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 17:32   #177
BHPian

Seems like it's very slow getting delivery in Mumbai. It's almost been a month and I've been told one month longer :-(
Old 4th September 2017, 18:28   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Seems like it's very slow getting delivery in Mumbai. It's almost been a month and I've been told one month longer :-(
Try switching to the new vRS instead. You just might get lucky, and how! It's yummy.
Old 4th September 2017, 19:22   #179
BHPian

For 5 lacs more I would buy the superb IF I had the money 😊
Old 8th September 2017, 13:46   #180
BHPian

Booked a New Octavia 1.4 TSI White. Hope to get it soon. If yes, would start a thread for its review as I don't see any 1.4 TSI reviews on the forum or outside.
I dint go for the Style as it was 2.5 lakhs more and I dint want to spend that money for the extra 2 airbags and leather. I do understand that, the ICE varies and the BiXenon headlamps would be a miss. But then, my budget was 20 Lakhs and I have booked the 1.4 TSI.

I sold my XUV and back to a Sedan finally
pramod is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks