Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 14:48   #271

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Skoda have updated their website with the brochure of the L&K variant.
Thank you bro/sis.. If anyone is interested in the Canton system, as per the brochure on the website, it should be 9 speakers + 1 subwoofer in the boot. I don’t know why there was no subwoofer in my display unit.
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:56   #272
BHPian

Hi anyone with any information or suggestions on window film? Garware or vkool? Anything else? And where can I get it done? Thank you.
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:00   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Thank you bro/sis.. If anyone is interested in the Canton system, as per the brochure on the website, it should be 9 speakers + 1 subwoofer in the boot. I don’t know why there was no subwoofer in my display unit.
Exactly. Just saw a black L&K. Only difference was Canton Badge on the front Tweeters, an L&K Badge on the Left Fender and a 'Clean Air' sticker above the AC controls.

Also upon enquiring more about the availability of the car, got a call from Skoda that said there's a diesel L&K available in 'VRs Blue' colour.
Quite surprised confirmed twice with the person. He even called back saying it is a diesel L&K in blue colour, the website nor the brochure lists any of this..
Old 24th November 2017, 16:28   #274
BHPian

Has anybody used the Tyre pressure monitor in the Octy? I set the tyre pressure but can't see any visual prompts on the screen. Every time I get to the page, it asks me to set the tyre pressure again! Is this defective?
Old 24th November 2017, 17:09   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
Has anybody used the Tyre pressure monitor in the Octy? I set the tyre pressure but can't see any visual prompts on the screen. Every time I get to the page, it asks me to set the tyre pressure again! Is this defective?
Unfortunately, The TPMS in the octy is not true system with sensors in each wheel. The system works with the ABS and other sensors, and if there is any anomaly detected it throws a low pressure warning for that particular wheel.

It usually shows the warning only after a significant drop like around 6-7psi. Once you refill air at a good bunk, press 'Set' and confirm that all 4 wheels are at desired pressure.
Old 25th November 2017, 14:08   #276
BHPian

Finally got my race blue L&K. More pics to follow. I'm the one in blue, the other gentleman is my sales rep Mr. Samir Gidwani, from JMD Skoda Andheri.

He has been instrumental in making sure my car was delivered as promised. Dealing with Samir has been very pleasant and he has in so many ways been the reason I stuck with JMD and the Octavia. In fact he is probably the main reason for me not buying another car.

More pics of the car to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-1511598843939.jpg  

derek is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 15:37   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Finally got my race blue L&K. More pics to follow. I'm the one in blue, the other gentleman is my sales rep Mr. Samir Gidwani, from JMD Skoda Andheri.

Congratulations on your new acquisition. It looks stunning in race blue. Could you please provide more details such as discounts, freebies etc you managed out of the deal? What was the waiting period?
Old 25th November 2017, 16:50   #278
BHPian

Thank you so much. I didn’t ask for any freebies cause Skoda doesn’t give any. However I bought the accessories kit and drive assure. I had booked the car on 4th of August.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 18:03   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much. I didn’t ask for any freebies cause Skoda doesn’t give any. However I bought the accessories kit and drive assure. I had booked the car on 4th of August.
The fact that you got your car brings so much relief to me, Derek! I'd booked mine on August 14, merely 10 days later. So it seems Skoda might just deliver my car by the date committed by them - mid December.

Congratulations on your car. She looks so awesome in Race Blue!
Old 26th November 2017, 14:13   #280
BHPian

Yes thanks Krishna, I bet ur car is also on the way pretty soon!!

Mods, how can I start an ownership thread? Could I do that?
Old 28th November 2017, 05:35   #281

Quote:
Finally got my race blue L&K.
Congrats Derek, I think that makes you the first person on this thread to take delivery of the L&K!
Anxiously awaiting your review, especially as we have doubts over the presence of a subwoofer, let us know your impressions of the sound system once you have used it for a while.

Have you made a decision about tyres and alloys? Would love to see what you go with.

Lastly, that blue colour looks AMAZING, congrats again!
Old 28th November 2017, 07:52   #282
BHPian

Thanks Stevie, for now I don't know how to start an ownership thread. Awaiting some guidance on that.

Yes there is a tiny subwoofer in the boot. The sound from the canton is just average. There is no punch at all from the miniscule subwoofer. Ofcourse i am being overly critical since I have a audiophile grade stereo system at home.

Quick question, does the inbuilt navigation come with traffic? Could not find any setting for that.
Old 28th November 2017, 12:21   #283
BHPian

For anyone planning to buy the Octavia, Skoda has apparently decided to retain prices at current level for all customers who book by November 30.
Post that, price will be based on delivery date and that would imply a 2-3% hike from January 1 2018.
Old 28th November 2017, 20:53   #284
BHPian

Quote:

He has been instrumental in making sure my car was delivered as promised. Dealing with Samir has been very pleasant and he has in so many ways been the reason I stuck with JMD and the Octavia. In fact he is probably the main reason for me not buying another car.

Finally! Awesome. One more streak of Race Blue to grace the Mumbai streets. You have been patient indeed on the brand. Good for you. Congratulations.
Old 28th November 2017, 21:22   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Hi anyone with any information or suggestions on window film? Garware or vkool? Anything else? And where can I get it done? Thank you.
I had Vkool on my civic and it was pretty good. Since the vkool showroom was far away from my home, in my octavia, I put 3M films.
CR70 on the front windshield and RE70 on sides and rear. I don't remember the the exact cost but it was around 16K. If your budget permits go for CR70 all around. With the beige interiors of Octavia.. from outside it will be difficult to make out that a film is applied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks