Team-BHP - A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188824-close-look-2017-skoda-octavia-facelift-hands-free-parking-25.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by puchoo (Post 4439054)
Wanted to check with existing recent owners, or anyone else who might have booked the car recently if there is any scope and avenue to bargain with the dealer and try and find some savings.

Not a recent buyer but please do the following:
1. Take bumper to bumper insurance from outside and bargain hard. Give Skoda a chance by asking them to match the rate.
2. Ditch Essentials kit, Buy separately later including 3D/Kagu mats etc.
3. Do a cost comparison with the Skoda maintenance calculator available on the website. The 39,999 AMC is roughly equal to the actual cost unless someone really abuses their vehicle and/or racks up miles very fast. If you can include it into a car loan, then it makes sense as it adds a few rupees only to your EMI.
4. Lot of quality accessories available of skodadop and superskoda so compare and then buy Skoda India OEM accessories.

Best of luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puchoo (Post 4439292)
Jai Auto , gurgaon , can you give me a sense of what i can squeeze out of them ?

Have you already done the booking?
I too am getting L&K and have a good deal. Please IM me and I'll tell you how and where to get it from.

Thanks so much!!

IM sent a few minutes ago , shall await to hear from you. Thanks again !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathuranuj (Post 4439603)
Have you already done the booking?
I too am getting L&K and have a good deal. Please IM me and I'll tell you how and where to get it from.

Hi

Did you get any reply to your fence sitters query? I am planning for a 1.8 TSI but am a little worried about the DQ200 and general reliability. Does anyone have any update on these aspects?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorPaandi (Post 4290047)
@Mtv, you are spon on wrt to vRS being a better choice for the reasons you cited - but there is a 6-7 L price difference and for some folks it does make a difference. So, there is a market at this <25 L price segment for folks who are happy with 1.8 TSI as the best in price segment for 'driving pleasure + all round ability' - there are fence sitters within this Octy 1.8 TSI lover community due to dq200 reliability.

I see you own a Octy TSI and I have heard of of horror stories re dq200 few years back. But, considering that Vento TSI and Polo GT have been selling decent numbers in last few years, do we know if reliability of dq200 has improved now ? I would like to believe that VAG did mechatronics mods & updates to make it more reliable - just a fond hope, does not mean it is true.

Views from owners such as @Mtv and more importantly from recent (i.e in last 2 years) owners of Vento/Polo/Octy TSI will help lot of fence sitters on wrt these cars. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathuranuj (Post 4439961)
Hi

Did you get any reply to your fence sitters query? I am planning for a 1.8 TSI but am a little worried about the DQ200 and general reliability. Does anyone have any update on these aspects?

Hi, I am at 35K km at 2.7 years with my TSI. I can hear some noises when i accelerate really hard (very common:D) but nothing to worry. I spent INR 50k on my Cruze gearbox at 40k km so can understand a clutch pack change. But not outright failures!

Thanks for the response buddy! If I am not wrong, yours would be a pre facelift model, correct?

Maybe I am a wishful thinker... stupid: But is the situation even better with the facelift Octavia 1.8 TSI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4440306)
Hi, I am at 35K km at 2.7 years with my TSI. I can hear some noises when i accelerate really hard (very common:D) but nothing to worry. I spent INR 50k on my Cruze gearbox at 40k km so can understand a clutch pack change. But not outright failures!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathuranuj (Post 4440632)
Thanks for the response buddy! If I am not wrong, yours would be a pre facelift model, correct?

Maybe I am a wishful thinker... stupid: But is the situation even better with the facelift Octavia 1.8 TSI?

Facelifted car is mechanically identical to the original. I would not take a chance with this DQ200 while a more robust gearbox is on offer. Save yourself some sleep and skip the 1.8, buy the RS

You’ll never question your decision :D

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-503a43b7ac3341c0a98e816f13fd500f.jpeg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-6674140e74d74fa691b606ccf15c9dad.jpeg

Hi guys recently I have shifted from Mumbai to Chennai. My first service is due for the car in a months time. I have done only about 7k kms.

Can I know which are the reliable service guys in Chennai please. I'm new to the city. Thanks!

Hello Experts!

I am unable to get the Voice Control working on my new Octavia 1.8 L&K. I have the phone connected via bluetooth as well as USB. In both cases, I see "Voice Control not Available" message on the MID.
Does anyone know how get this thing working?

For quite sometime, i have been loosely toying the idea of upgrading from the Honda City to the Octavia 1.8 TSi. I spoke to one of the folks at the Skoda AutoBahn workshop at Kurla, Mumbai through a friend regarding the maintenance woes and dreadful DSG failure of the DQ200.

I also shared with him that though the car drives beautifully, i have heard horrifying stories of the engine literally drinking oil. To that he shared that though the service interval is 12 months, it is always advisable to get a regular check up done in 6 months. As part of the regular check up, they ensure that the oil is topped up, brake is cleaned etc.

On the DSG failure, he shared that there have been failures reported due to the DQ200 gearbox, however he has seen them occuring mostly after 5 years of ownership, specifically between the 5th and the 8th year. However, he shared that Skoda has been very supportive and they replace the DSG gearbox under goodwill warranty. So the fear of issues cropping up should go out of the window.

To my surprise, the Service Advisor was very warm and courteous, completely opposite of what I have heard of Skoda dealers in the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ2285 (Post 4462665)
On the DSG failure, he shared that there have been failures reported due to the DQ200 gearbox, however he has seen them occuring mostly after 5 years of ownership, specifically between the 5th and the 8th year.

There is no evidence to support his claim that the gearbox fails only after the 5th year. Mine failed barely two years after I got mine and at 20k km. Some have failed even earlier, and some haven’t failed even after 6+ years of ownership. The risk is a coin flip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtv (Post 4462690)
There is no evidence to support his claim that the gearbox fails only after the 5th year. Mine failed barely two years after I got mine and at 20k km. Some have failed even earlier, and some haven’t failed even after 6+ years of ownership. The risk is a coin flip.

agree: I am assuming your gearbox was replaced FOC due to the warranty. I was told they give a replacement car as well and hence a customer should not be worried that he will be left without a car during the replacement period.

The top-spec Octavia L&K trim now gets Škoda's new virtual cockpit, and is the first car from the manufacturer to come with this feature in India. It consists of a large TFT screen that offers customisable 3D graphics displaying data like entertainment, navigation, trip, and driving assist information in addition to the ol' speedo and tacho. The displays can be altered via steering-mounted controls.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20181022121107_skodavcx.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20181022121107_cox.jpg

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-410172

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Skoda Octavia L&K variant gets virtual cockpit:
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_1563.jpg

Driving data is displayed when the ignition is switched off:
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_1565.jpg

The inbuilt map is integrated into the virtual cockpit:
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_1576.jpg

The L&K badge:
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_1568.jpg

Apple CarPlay gets Google Maps:
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_1584.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-cfc5ea54a4474b16aaf7b36388d5a246.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_1586.jpg

Currently, I'm owning 2017 Rapid DSG (facelifted version). Recently, I took the test-drive for Octavia 2.0 TDI AT. As known to all, Octavia is atleast 2 segments up from Rapid and have all the fancy features. BUt when it came to the handling/ drive part, I felt the steering to be too light compared to the one in Rapid (though not lifeless like Japanese counterparts). though both are EPS. I was such an addicit for the Hydraulic unit in my erstwhile Fabia. Can experts throw some light into the difference in EPS of Rapid/ Octavia. please: After the test-drive, I felt more smile when I drove my Rapid again.