Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2019, 14:08   #391
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

The Capuccino beige however is available only on the L & K trims, not on Style. Style is available only in Magic black, Quartz grey and Candy white.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 15:29   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
Another detail which went unnoticed with the latest revision of the model by providing (virtual cockpit) is the addition of an 8-way electronically adjustable passenger seat.
The Style variant also get some useful updates in features(which was in the L&K only earlier). The ones I can remember are,

Electric adjust driver seat (I think it is the 12 way adjust with memory as in L&K, not sure though)
Keyless entry, start stop (KESSY in Skoda terms)
ORVM auto downtilt on engaging reverse gear
Net storage in the parcel shelf
Two foldable baggage hooks in the boot (the style had only one)
With the addition of these features, the Style variant also comes out as very well equipped.
The alloy wheel is the 5 spoke Velorum which is however not very good looking as the 10 spoke Alcatras in L&K

Last edited by Deep Blue : 24th March 2019 at 15:44.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 19:57   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree :-)

I feel that until the technicians physically open up the container and tally the contents, Skoda India has minimal idea of the specs of the vehicles inside.

Not a great fan personally of the C. Beige or the Nardo Grey but like the constant change. For example, I was sure no facelift Octy came in Rio Red like my 2016 Octy. But saw one last month!
Just to confirm. You saw a Rio Red Facelift Skoda Octavia ? I was under the impression that skoda had discontinued the shade in the facelift.

And, I suppose the next gen octavia would be launched towards the end of this year ? I guess, it would most probably be launched in India sometime in 2020. I read this in the News section of the CarDekho app. I'm surprised that this didn't pop up in our news.
Old 24th March 2019, 22:05   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
Just to confirm. You saw a Rio Red Facelift Skoda Octavia ? I was under the impression that skoda had discontinued the shade in the facelift.

And, I suppose the next gen octavia would be launched towards the end of this year ? I guess, it would most probably be launched in India sometime in 2020. I read this in the News section of the CarDekho app. I'm surprised that this didn't pop up in our news.
Skoda Octavia now has virtual cockpit, Hands Free Parking (Pilot Assist), Ambient lighting which is absent in the Superb Style variant MY19. The sportsline variant of both cars gets the RED, Superb is yet to get its upgrade by the end of this year and this makes the octavia have more features than Superb L&K which lacks the virtual cockpit.
Currently stuck at this dilemma on which one to buy.

P.S - First post, so guidance is welcome.
maddylaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 18:31   #395
BHPian

Will the new octavia be with same DSG AT? Why is MT option missing from octavia 1.8 tsi?
Old 25th March 2019, 22:06   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Why is MT option missing from octavia 1.8 tsi?
I'm guessing that Skoda is not so confident that you will be able to extract the performance out of the 1.8Tsi the way the DSG does or is not so keen on pairing it with a manual for some other issue/drawback.I remember hearing that about another car, don't remember which. These car makers are smarter than you think
Old 26th March 2019, 10:52   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I'm guessing that Skoda is not so confident that you will be able to extract the performance out of the 1.8Tsi the way the DSG does or is not so keen on pairing it with a manual for some other issue/drawback.I remember hearing that about another car, don't remember which. These car makers are smarter than you think
I guess it is same 1.8 tsi engine with MT in superb so not sure what could be the reason. MT will reduce cost and increase reliability for many buyers.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 16:15   #398
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I brought home a Skoda Octavia STyle TDI AT on April 1st!!
Today, our resident mod Samurai rounded up me and a fellow member, Manipal (who has recently acquired a new XUV 5OO) for a morning photoshoot. While the professional pics are getting ready, here are a few amateur ones from my side.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0157.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0153.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0154.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0155.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0156.jpg
Deep Blue is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 17:22   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Congratulations for the beautiful new car! Wishing you many happy kilometers with it.

Please do post interior shots of the car. Also is this the new revised Style variant with some new features? Please do elaborate on the new features available if it is the updated variant.

Regards
Abhinav
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 20:24   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Congratulations for the beautiful new car! Wishing you many happy kilometers with it.

Please do post interior shots of the car. Also is this the new revised Style variant with some new features? Please do elaborate on the new features available if it is the updated variant.

Regards
Abhinav
We only did an exterior shot. I will post interior pics maybe tomorrow or so.
I am quoting an earlier post of mine below for the new features in the updated Style variant. In addition to the list below, driver alert also is there. I am yet to figure out all the features. I will try to detail it in an ownership thread.

Quote:
The Style variant also get some useful updates in features(which was in the L&K only earlier). The ones I can remember are,

Electric adjust driver seat (I think it is the 12 way adjust with memory as in L&K, not sure though)
Keyless entry, start stop (KESSY in Skoda terms)
ORVM auto downtilt on engaging reverse gear
Net storage in the parcel shelf
Two foldable baggage hooks in the boot (the style had only one)
With the addition of these features, the Style variant also comes out as very well equipped.
The alloy wheel is the 5 spoke Velorum which is however not very good looking as the 10 spoke Alcatras in L&K
Posting some more exterior pics, this time through the experienced eye of our mod Samurai. Thank you very much, Samurai san for the excellent pics and the Sunday morning mini-meet.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070153.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070162.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070172.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070174.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070176.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070187.jpg
Deep Blue is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 20:45   #401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We only did an exterior shot.
I didn't want to do interior shots since I had done it two years when this facelift was launched. First page of this review has all the shots.

My two favorite shots from today were these:

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070154.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070164.jpg
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 21:15   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase @Deep Blue and needless to say, the pictures look smashing.

I wanted to ask whether you have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase ? Since it is tied into the insurance from the dealer, were you able to get any discounts and/or NCB adjustments ?

Thanks

Last edited by theMandarin : 7th April 2019 at 21:17. Reason: NCB
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 23:16   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Congratulations on the purchase @Deep Blue and needless to say, the pictures look smashing.

I wanted to ask whether you have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase ? Since it is tied into the insurance from the dealer, were you able to get any discounts and/or NCB adjustments ?

Thanks
I have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase. I have not sold my old car, so could not claim NCB. No discounts on insurance either. However, I have got about 30000 loyalty discount and 4500 discount on handling charges.
They were giving loyalty discount if any blood relative had any VW group cars.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 23:57   #404
BHPian

Quote:
I have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase. I have not sold my old car, so could not claim NCB. No discounts on insurance either. However, I have got about 30000 loyalty discount and 4500 discount on handling charges.
They were giving loyalty discount if any blood relative had any VW group cars.

Thank you for the swift reply. Does this mean that you have purchased the insurance at the retail amount quoted by the dealers ?

I believe that turns out to be close to 2 lakh (140000 + 48000) for the warranty plus zero depreciation cover.
Old 8th April 2019, 07:01   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Thank you for the swift reply. Does this mean that you have purchased the insurance at the retail amount quoted by the dealers ?

I believe that turns out to be close to 2 lakh (140000 + 48000) for the warranty plus zero depreciation cover.
I bought the insurance at the dealership. My sales advisor offered me a policy from Reliance which costed me Rs 85995. It has motor secure plus add on which covers depreciation, consumables and engine + gearbox protection.
The 5th and 6th year extended warranty was Rs 64888 extra.

However, their official pricelist here in Mangalore shows Skoda shield as as Rs 1,26,531. I thought this was total of insurance + 5th & 6th EW. My SA says it is not so and EW is additional to this amount in which case I have made an additional saving of Rs 40531.

Skoda has arrangements with Reliance, Bajan allianz and one the govt. Insurance companies ( IIRC New India). My SA says Reliance is the cheapest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks