Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 10:02   #421

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
6. 1 size upsize wont have any impact. But why do you want to upgrade?

Had missed this point. I am looking at upgrade mainly for 2 reasons, better ride comfort and some increase in ground clearance. 215/55 is also on my mind. Any advise here ?

Last edited by Aditya : 15th May 2019 at 10:20. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 15th May 2019, 11:27   #422
Senior - BHPian

Ground clearance has never been an issue on the Octavia. 205/55/16 with Michelin Primacy4ST should serve you good on the ride and handling improvements. 205/60 or 205/65 or 215/55 is not recommended as it will cause speedo and odo error.
Old 16th May 2019, 20:12   #423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin1981 View Post
Any advise here ?
A 1 size upsize will not have any adverse effects on the vehicle, however, am not sure if you will notice a lot of difference in the ride quality too, dont think you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Ground clearance has never been an issue on the Octavia.
Come to Bangalore, you will know what the fuss is all about, Ahmedabad/GJ is known for its butter smooth roads.

Speedo errors can be rectified using VAG-Com tools if not at the ASC.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 08:25   #424

Thank you all for your feedback. Finally I decided to go ahead and booked the Octavia 1.8 TSI Style variant, Quartz Grey color. Have paid Rs 50 K as advance. Dealer has told me it will take around 4 weeks to deliver the car.
sachin1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 11:37   #425
BHPian

Congratulations in advance!

Since I am keen on considering Petrol Octavia, could you help with below questions:
1. Which dealer you have opted? I heard Tafe access better one.
2. Could you share the discount if any and also final on road price?
3. Extended warranty opted? and cost of it.

Finally I read an article https://www.carwale.com/news/indiabo...he-first-time/ where new 2020 Octavia spotted testing. Is it worth waiting with a fact that new engine and also BS 6 compliant coming up?

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st May 2019, 08:54   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Congratulations in advance!

Since I am keen on considering Petrol Octavia, could you help with below questions:
1. Which dealer you have opted? I heard Tafe access better one.
2. Could you share the discount if any and also final on road price?
3. Extended warranty opted? and cost of it.
1. I had approached both Tafe and Vinayaka. Finally chose Tafe because of better discounts and also since it is close to my house.
2. Since I was owning Rapid, I got loyalty discount and some discounts from the dealer side. The on road price without discount was 26.68L which was reduced to 25.6L after discounts.
3. Extended warranty (5th and 6th) year is part of Skoda Shield package which also includes 1st year comprehensive insurance and 3 years third party insurance. This is included in the above mentioned on road price.
It is possible to opt this bundle out and buy the insurance from outside but then I was told that I will not be able to buy just the extended warranty alone. So I went for the Skoda Shield package.

Got an update from the dealer that my car is on the way and can be delivered by the end of the month. I am pleasantly surprised.
sachin1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 09:09   #427
BHPian

Friends - Does anyone know how to reduce the volume of incoming call rings in Octavia 1.8 L&K? I tried to find using menu on touch screen but could not find it. It's bit irritating as I am used to low ring volumes & Octavia default volume is rather high. Many a times it gives me a jolt while driving peacefully.
Any help is appreciated.
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:22   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Mine showed rattles in both front doors/B pillar within a week of delivery last month. From the posts here, I could probably infer it is from the door beading.
I got the car checked last Saturday. The rattle was from the door beading. The workshop personnel said that the rubber beading becomes dry and hard in our hot summer and gives the sound. He has applied some lubrication(I dont know the exact product) and the sound has now gone.
Old 17th July 2019, 01:05   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
I wanted to know why you haven't considered the TDI as I feel it addresses both of your needs mentioned here, reliability and driving pleasure. I am in a similar situation, upgrading from Vento 1.6 TDI Highline MT. Have booked TDI Style and awaiting delivery. I felt the extra 2L for Style over Ambition is justified due to the additional features (not the exhaustive list). When you are anyway spending 20L+ I thought it's better to get these. L&K is also good but there is no MT option!!

Hi Santosh.Kat & Octavia Owners,

I'm looking for inputs on two topics. The first is a classic dilemma while the second has to do with Hacks that i'm hoping exist.

a) Choice of Vehicle: My shortlist for a new car lease (starting Aug) is down to 2019 Octavia Ambition TDI Manual and the New Renault Duster AWD. Admit they're very different vehicles, however I do like them both. Between the two what would make for a good choice in your view, considering I intend keeping the car for 4-5 years and prefer Diesels.

Background on my usage: Monthly running of 1000-1100 kms on decent roads inclusive of a 400-500 km highway drive every 5-6 weeks. Don't intend waiting for 2020 model launches. Have a 10 yr old Diesel Innova that I plan to sell by year-end 2019. Although i'm a sucker for ride and handling, I don't wish to buy the Skoda Petrols. The VW Jetta 2.0 TDI would have been ideal, but it doesn't sell any more and the Passat is neither available nor accessible.

b) Ways of improving the suspension of Octavia Ambition TDI: Have read from the official review as well as user inputs that the Torsion beam suspension set-up is no match to the handling prowess of the 1.8 TSI's multi-link. I wish VW/Skoda would fix that. But they haven't. While admitting there are limitations to the current set-up, I'm keen to know if that deficit can be overcome somewhat. Have any users here experienced improve ride & handling characteristics by changing any of the - tyres, tyre-pressure or damping. I'm not always a sedate driver and would like the car to respond well to an occasional twisty section.
Old 17th July 2019, 15:08   #430
Senior - BHPian

Does Octavia 1.4 TSI Style have any advantages over the Elantra petrol A/T with respect to performance, suspension and space? Which care is better driveable on highways?
Old 21st July 2019, 20:05   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksubram View Post
Hi Santosh.Kat & Octavia Owners,

I'm looking for inputs on two topics. The first is a classic dilemma while the second has to do with Hacks that i'm hoping exist.

a) Choice of Vehicle: My shortlist for a new car lease (starting Aug) is down to 2019 Octavia Ambition TDI Manual and the New Renault Duster AWD. Admit they're very different vehicles, however I do like them both. Between the two what would make for a good choice in your view, considering I intend keeping the car for 4-5 years and prefer Diesels.

Background on my usage: Monthly running of 1000-1100 kms on decent roads inclusive of a 400-500 km highway drive every 5-6 weeks. Don't intend waiting for 2020 model launches. Have a 10 yr old Diesel Innova that I plan to sell by year-end 2019. Although i'm a sucker for ride and handling, I don't wish to buy the Skoda Petrols. The VW Jetta 2.0 TDI would have been ideal, but it doesn't sell any more and the Passat is neither available nor accessible.

b) Ways of improving the suspension of Octavia Ambition TDI: Have read from the official review as well as user inputs that the Torsion beam suspension set-up is no match to the handling prowess of the 1.8 TSI's multi-link. I wish VW/Skoda would fix that. But they haven't. While admitting there are limitations to the current set-up, I'm keen to know if that deficit can be overcome somewhat. Have any users here experienced improve ride & handling characteristics by changing any of the - tyres, tyre-pressure or damping. I'm not always a sedate driver and would like the car to respond well to an occasional twisty section.

Hey ksubram,

Its been 2 months/2 weeks with Octy TDI MT and every ride is something that i look forward to excitedly. Be it the bumper to bumper traffic in Bengaluru during which i tend to get busy with the infotainment system(miss the inbuilt GPS system and virtual cockpit which comes only in L&K Model) or the Highway rides where i get to experience the performance. Have covered 3K+ kms and its fun to drive, top speed, acceleration, curves, hills whatever the terrain be. Mileage is excellent. With the Extended warranty the plan is to keep it for 6+ years. Lets see how it goes.
I dont have much idea about the Duster and its overall comfort/performance as Octavia was the only car in my mind being a sedan guy!
On the suspension part am not into Mods and yes have read/heard great reviews about the multi-link that comes with TSI. Sad that Skoda is not having it in TDI. But so far i havent felt the lack of it. Have you considered Superb TDI which comes with the multi-link suspension?

Regards,
Santo
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:37   #432

Hi Santo,

Thanks for an excellent and informative reply. It’s just the right validation I was looking for in accelerating the purchase decision. The aspects you’ve touched upon are the ones that matter immensely. I’m also relieved to know that the suspension is Ok to live with.

It’s rather surprising there are so few owners of the Diesel Manual Octavia on this thread and on the Octavia Official review thread too. All the more reason why I had a BIG smile upon seeing your reply a few days ago. Is it that other models represent better VFM. Or that the vast majority of the 20 lakh club has moved to Auto & 1.8 TSI. It’ll be interesting for me to discover this.

And, No - I’m not considering the Superb. At least not yet, although the 3 Series GT has come into contention. Some really sweet deals going on among the German trio.

Now onto Dealers and their odd ways. How I wish one could simply buy it online at a transparent final price regardless of personal leverage and haggling.
ksubram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:31   #433
BHPian

Has any bought the Octavia Corporate Edition Petrol? I was waiting for Seltos pricing after selling my POLO and looking at how atrociously it is priced in this market, wanted to know if buying Octavia CE version makes sense? I got a quote of 19lakhs OTR for it, but wanted validation from you folks? Should I push the budget from 15 to 19? Confused between Octavia CE or Compass Sport+

Would highly appreciate your recommendations.
Old 12th September 2019, 21:03   #434
BHPian

Hello Everyone, a close friend has an Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K bought in April this year. He's based in Pune and has done around 7k km on it. He suddenly observed condensation in both Headlights today.

He is going to approach the dealer tomorrow for replacement of both Headlights.

Has anyone else has this issue? Any help on how to deal with the issue would be appreciated.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_20190912_200116.jpg  

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_20190912_200104.jpg  

Last edited by amartyasg : 12th September 2019 at 21:05.
Old 19th November 2019, 00:25   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyasg View Post
Hello Everyone, a close friend has an Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K bought in April this year. He's based in Pune and has done around 7k km on it. He suddenly observed condensation in both Headlights today.

He is going to approach the dealer tomorrow for replacement of both Headlights.

Has anyone else has this issue? Any help on how to deal with the issue would be appreciated.

Regards
Not so much but a little bit occasionally and it goes away after some time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks