Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 23:27   #436

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

I have a question on the electric seat adjustment.

What happens if the electronics fail? I mean my wife and I drive with seating positions that are on the extremes... I wonder if the seats can be adjusted manually in case the electric system fails!!!
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:07   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppathak3383 View Post
I have a question on the electric seat adjustment.

What happens if the electronics fail? I mean my wife and I drive with seating positions that are on the extremes... I wonder if the seats can be adjusted manually in case the electric system fails!!!
I had some problem with electronic seat adjustment buttons and SVC was not able to do it manually, so I guess the answer is no.
Old 21st June 2021, 22:41   #438
BHPian

Since we hear about a lot of negative experiences with Skoda maintenance, I wanted to share a positive experience.

I had a fantastic 2nd service (2yrs, odo at 25k km) experience at Mahavir Skoda, Sanathnagar this weekend.
Filters and fluids were replaced quickly and efficiently.
They fixed the noise in the orvms by adding lubricants. Told me about worn out tyres.
No unnecessary add ons.
Service came to about 12,900 including a 200 rs car perfume that I asked for. Didn't get it washed (700) as I was getting late or wheel aligned/balanced (1800 - that's a bit excessive) since I was going to change the tyres.

The only fly in the ointment was a minor part not available. The knob that held the string of the parcel shelf had broken off.

I reached at 8:30am. Work started after 2 hrs since
the early lockdown resulted in pending work from the prev days. Still it was finished by 1pm.

Of course I stayed there the whole time (unlike my Honda City which I never stay for) because I had heard horror stories of Skoda/Mahavir before. But given my two good experiences, I might trust them a subsequent time enough to not stay around for routine services.
evil_grin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:31   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The Style variant also get some useful updates in features(which was in the L&K only earlier). The ones I can remember are,

Electric adjust driver seat (I think it is the 12 way adjust with memory as in L&K, not sure though)
Keyless entry, start stop (KESSY in Skoda terms)
ORVM auto downtilt on engaging reverse gear
Net storage in the parcel shelf
Two foldable baggage hooks in the boot (the style had only one)
With the addition of these features, the Style variant also comes out as very well equipped.
The alloy wheel is the 5 spoke Velorum which is however not very good looking as the 10 spoke Alcatras in L&K
Thanks for this detail. I was amazed at the amount of details this thread has got - 3rd generation octavia bible

Any details on any cars (on anything related to cars directly or indirectly) for any period - one stop solution. TEAM BHP
Old 6th September 2021, 13:05   #440
BHPian

My Octy started showing error sign few days back. Took it to the showroom and next day was told the thermostat needed to be changed. Part costs 46000 but it was changed under warranty. Everything was fuss-free and i am very happy with my Skoda dealer since past 4 years. I had not taken 2 year additional warranty but will take it now. It will cost 64900 incl. tax.

Skoda_Extended_Warranty_Booklet_aw__2_.pdf
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 20:15   #441
BHPian

I came across a 2017 facelift model Skoda Octavia Style Plus 1.8 DSG, white colour, single owner, run 42,000kms, asking price of 21L. Nothing mentioned about extend warranty, so I guess it's not there. Opinions please.
Old 28th June 2022, 21:37   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I came across a 2017 facelift model Skoda Octavia Style Plus 1.8 DSG, white colour, single owner, run 42,000kms, asking price of 21L. Nothing mentioned about extend warranty, so I guess it's not there. Opinions please.
Way too high. When a new one is for 32 ish, a 5 year old example cannot be quoted at 21. Check the car and give your best offer. Octavias are not uncommon in the used market. Remember the DSG will most likely fail once so you need to budget buffer insurance as well for the same especially since you are buying used. Goodwill or partial cost bearing by the company is mainly for original buyer and not always for the next owner.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:09   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Way too high. When a new one is for 32 ish, a 5 year old example cannot be quoted at 21. Check the car and give your best offer. Octavias are not uncommon in the used market. Remember the DSG will most likely fail once so you need to budget buffer insurance as well for the same especially since you are buying used. Goodwill or partial cost bearing by the company is mainly for original buyer and not always for the next owner.
Had quoted 15L, waiting for response.
Old 11th August 2022, 20:19   #444
BHPian

My car has recently completed 5 years & 60,000 KMs. There was a squeaking sound coming from the suspension and upon inspection found that Linkage was faulty, and replaced it with the new one.*
Old 5th February 2023, 20:16   #445
Senior - BHPian

Our 2018 Octavia 1.8 TSI with the DQ200 gearbox has been shuddering before getting into gear for a couple of months and a few days ago it started rolling back on slopes and stalling. Should I be fearing The Dreaded or is it hopefully a simpler issue?
Old 6th February 2023, 00:37   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Our 2018 Octavia 1.8 TSI with the DQ200 gearbox has been shuddering before getting into gear for a couple of months and a few days ago it started rolling back on slopes and stalling. Should I be fearing The Dreaded or is it hopefully a simpler issue?
Sounds to me like a clutch and flywheel issue. Get it checked, hope you have extended warranty and hopefully Skoda considers that.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 20:51   #447

I have a question. Actually a couple of them. I have a 1.4 TSI Style bought in Mar-2020. Driven less than 30k km. Today I went for for the 3rd service along with some body work and a nagging sound issue I have been facing for the last year or so.

There is a repetitive sound (something similar to when a stone might be stuck in the tyre), that has been coming from the car. I first started noticing it around the cruising range of 80 kmph on the airport road (my daily commute for a few months). I realised that the sound was there even at speeds as less as 20 kmph, which meant it was a physical interference/ rubbing. I couldn't establish the reason and even after the raising the concern during the previous service (the PPS guys didn't find anything wrong) and even getting the tyres rotated, the sound persisted. I continued driving through the last year, always aware of the sound being there.

Today again I raised the concern while handing over the vehicle, and the service executive was quick enough to raise the car to check if any bearing damage was there (I drive way too carefully to have had that kind of impact, but I let him check). He confirmed the bearings are fine, alignment may be required, but the biggest surprise/shock was that as per him the tyres had worn out! At less than 30K! He even said that the wear is uneven! He also said that there is a humming sound which is primarily because of uneven tyre wear.

About 70% of the usage has been on the airport road, upto Chikkaballapur.
About 10% of the usage would be within the city of Bangalore.
Balance 20% of the usage would be for our annual trips (<500km radius spots).
No rash driving, no off-roading, still the tyres are gone.

First year of purchase the car literally did only 4,000km (peak covid), 500 km in first 9 months.
Second year about 20,000 km.
Third year about 5,000 km.

Can anyone please advise, how to check if there is any life left in these tyres and what would be the recommended replacements. These are stock Goodyear tyres.

I read a number of threads here on TeamBHP about Michelin, Pirelli, Yoko, Conti tyres for Octavia, but I can't make up my mind.
ppathak3383 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 23:51   #448
Senior - BHPian

I am having trouble adjusting the rearview mirrors in our Octavia (Mk3 FL).

When I turn the dial to R and use the joystick, BOTH mirrors move (the left one much more slowly than the right).

Any leads would be appreciated.

In case it helps:
- This is perhaps too oddly specific but there was a ribbon cable passing right under the washer fluid reservoir and I had accidentally spilled some on its connector while topping up
- The “normal” left mirror operation (dial at L) has become a bit “sticky” in that the motor whirrs for a second or so before the mirror moves

Last edited by ron178 : 1st April 2024 at 00:16.
Old 1st April 2024, 09:26   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
I am having trouble adjusting the rearview mirrors in our Octavia (Mk3 FL).

When I turn the dial to R and use the joystick, BOTH mirrors move (the left one much more slowly than the right).
Disable synchronized mirrors in the mirror setting from the infotainment system. This works only when the knob is on R. Once you disable it, would be back to independent settings.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 15:16   #450
BHPian

About a month after my eligibility for taking an extended warranty expired (you can buy it before 6 years and some month evidently), the Octy AC stopped working suddenly. Right when I had loaded the whole family in preparation for a drive to Mumbai. Off we went to the Akoya Skoda workshop and I had to request multiple times for someone to come and have a look when I am a walk-in. I was told it is probably a compressor issue and to come next day for a check-up.
Once I showed up (with an appointment and after calling them and informing that I am coming), I was made to wait for an hour before someone casually saunters in and asks to see my car. I kept the car there for a couple of days and was handed an estimate of around 60K to replace the Condensor and Evaporator. Evidently, it will take a few days to order the car parts and for them to be delivered.
I picked up the car since I didn't want to keep it in their yard and SURPRISE! The AC is working fine! It is not exactly the best cooling but it was doing fine in the 38 degree heat of Pune. I am not sure what has happened. I called the service advisor and asked him if they have done any work on the car and he said no. He was surprised to hear that the AC was working again.
All I can speculate is that they must have added some gas to test which has increased cooling? Either that or they were lying through their teeth!
Not to mention, this extraordinary high cost is making me think seriously about selling my Race-Blue beauty.
Any advice?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks