Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 12:27   #76
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
According to the dealer those two colors are being saved for the vRS models which will be launched later this year. Take that with a pinch of salt though.
+1. This is exactly what my dealer told me too. But coming from a different branch (Mangalore) of the same dealer, can't say how much of truth is there in the news. He sounded confident though.

Did you take delivery of your car? Please post pictures.
Old 30th July 2017, 13:46   #77
BHPian

Hi guys, just wanted to know which would be a better place to buy wrt sales and service etc in mumbai....JMD andheri east of autobahn Prabhadevi? Any pointers? Experiences? Much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 30th July 2017, 14:47   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
What? Which city and which dealer? Can you please confirm? This is the new FL right? I just spoke to my dealer and he had no idea! Asked him to get me the blue color whatever happens. I am willing to wait. That's the one I originally wanted as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nan View Post
Do share pictures if possible. Any clue if these other colours came in the style model. Tried to get a look at the style model (not style +) and they didnt have any at Tafe Access.
Thinking of getting the 1.8TSi Style, in spite of the scary gearbox.
Do let me know if you could manage some discounts at all.
Thanks

This was in the Hyderabad Skoda showroom today. It is the diesel Style Plus variant. Was told that it will take a long time to get delivery of the Octi in this colour without any commitments.
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_20170730_112611.jpg  

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_20170730_112623.jpg  

mrpitt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 13:45   #79
BHPian

Quote:
I am in Bangalore, dealer is Tafe Access.
Went to Tafe yesterday. Their registration charges include depot charges worth 16k. Not sure what it is for. Were you able to negotiate out of it? I was only able to get rid of Skoda insurance and essential kit. Will get insurance from outside and also better mats. Hoping to get rid of these depot charges too.

Last edited by sameerg : 31st July 2017 at 13:49. Reason: Changed punctuation
Old 31st July 2017, 13:50   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Hi guys, just wanted to know which would be a better place to buy wrt sales and service etc in mumbai....JMD andheri east of autobahn Prabhadevi? Any pointers? Experiences? Much appreciated. Thank you.
I took delivery from Autobahn Prabhadevi a few years ago - no issues at all on that front.
Haven't heard of any horror stories with JMD either - IIRC we took delivery of our Octavia Combi from them.

Boils down to who is closer to you.
Old 31st July 2017, 14:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post

Hi Derek,

I picked up my car from JMD Auto Thane, the experience has been good. From service center aspect, I got my licence plates changed to LED's through them. The service station guys at Hindustan Naka, Kandivali were courteous enough. So overall the experience from the service delivery standards was good. However, coming to the overall know-how of the team regarding their own cars, I found it limited. For example, the technician was struggling to figure out the code for re-setting the Licence Plate Lights error in Odis.
Thankfully bhpian Rohan came to our rescue and we were able to wipe out the error.

Can't say whether it was a person specific issue or it is a generic trend amongst these dealerships.
Old 31st July 2017, 15:46   #82
BHPian

Ok great thanks guys for the info. Are the prices/ discounts different at different dealers?

I guess Andheri East JMD is the closest to me.
Old 31st July 2017, 19:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Went to Tafe yesterday. Their registration charges include depot charges worth 16k. Not sure what it is for. Were you able to negotiate out of it? I was only able to get rid of Skoda insurance and essential kit. Will get insurance from outside and also better mats. Hoping to get rid of these depot charges too.
I wasn't able to get any discounts.

I drove past the Vinayak Skoda outlet on the ORR yesterday and they too had a race blue Octavia displayed. May have been a customer's car though.

I took delivery of my car on Saturday, the whole process was smooth. Nothing to complain about really. The dealer has not yet got the SD card with the map data, he said he'll get it next week. Attaching a pic of my car below.
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img_20170730_190238.jpg  

Hells_Fury is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 09:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I wasn't able to get any discounts.

I drove past the Vinayak Skoda outlet on the ORR yesterday and they too had a race blue Octavia displayed. May have been a customer's car though.

I took delivery of my car on Saturday, the whole process was smooth. Nothing to complain about really. The dealer has not yet got the SD card with the map data, he said he'll get it next week. Attaching a pic of my car below.

Congratulations mate, looks like your's is the first delivery on the forum of the New Octavia 2017. And Race Blue color just looks fab. Happy motoring and looking forward to the ownership thread.
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 10:08   #85
BHPian

I had gone to book the Style Plus 1.8 TSI yesterday and was told that Skoda has stopped manufacturing this variant (and hence are no longer taking any more bookings for this) as they are planning to introduce a new L&K version to replace it. Apparently deliveries of this are starting only in September. Does anybody have any more information regarding this?
Old 1st August 2017, 11:19   #86
BHPian

Firstly, Congratulations to everyone who has booked one of these. We have an almost exclusive a Skoda/VW stable and after a decade of these cars in various avatars my thoughts are as below. I mean no offence and I hope none is taken.

In Bangalore the petrol Auto comes in around 27 L OTR. I seriously wonder if it makes any sort of sense to buy at this price. Sure its a good car and drives well, but, for someone who is stretching the budget, I feel they'd be better off buying a Rapid/Vento (TSI/TDI) DSG; they're very comfortable cars and can be bought for (a little more than) the downpayment of the Octavia. Save the rest of the money and jump up a segment or two in 3-7 years time.

For those who can afford this car comfortably, I'd stretch for the Superb or an end of year purchase of the 3 series; If I weren't willing or unable to stretch or go down a segment, I'd give a serious look at the pre-owned market, a barely used Octavia 1.8 TSI can be yours for 15 Lakhs, 20-30 Lakhs will get you your choice of barely used Superb/320D/520D in Bangalore. Cities like Bombay and Delhi will give you even more options for pre-owned vehicles at 20% less than Bangalore. From buying pre-owned cars in Bangalore, I can tell you that the biggest downside is patience. It takes months to find the right car.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 11:48   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Firstly, Congratulations to everyone who has booked one of these. We have an almost exclusive a Skoda/VW stable and after a decade of these cars in various avatars my thoughts are as below. I mean no offence and I hope none is taken.

In Bangalore the petrol Auto comes in around 27 L OTR. I seriously wonder if it makes any sort of sense to buy at this price. Sure its a good car and drives well, but, for someone who is stretching the budget, I feel they'd be better off buying a Rapid/Vento (TSI/TDI) DSG; they're very comfortable cars and can be bought for (a little more than) the downpayment of the Octavia. Save the rest of the money and jump up a segment or two in 3-7 years time.

For those who can afford this car comfortably, I'd stretch for the Superb or an end of year purchase of the 3 series; If I weren't willing or unable to stretch or go down a segment, I'd give a serious look at the pre-owned market, a barely used Octavia 1.8 TSI can be yours for 15 Lakhs, 20-30 Lakhs will get you your choice of barely used Superb/320D/520D in Bangalore. Cities like Bombay and Delhi will give you even more options for pre-owned vehicles at 20% less than Bangalore. From buying pre-owned cars in Bangalore, I can tell you that the biggest downside is patience. It takes months to find the right car.
There are some really nice 2014/2015 Octavia petrols available in Carwale / Cartrade. Looks well maintained as well. If the vehicles can get extended warranty in place, that's the way to go. Given the notorious DSG, if extended warranty is not in place or is unavailable, go for the diesel. I believe the diesel DSG is the wet type and is much more stable / reliable.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:19   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpitt View Post
I had gone to book the Style Plus 1.8 TSI yesterday and was told that Skoda has stopped manufacturing this variant (and hence are no longer taking any more bookings for this) as they are planning to introduce a new L&K version to replace it. Apparently deliveries of this are starting only in September. Does anybody have any more information regarding this?
What is it with Skoda and messing up their variant lineup immediately after launch? First, the Superb diesel was not available for around 6 months after its launch, and now the Octavia top end, which is THE variant to buy, has been shelved, only to be replaced some time later in the future by a L&K variant(no commitment from Skoda here on timelines, price or the extra features). Such flip-flopping is definitely not going to help Skoda, as the already Skoda-wary customer, will get even more unsure of his purchase now.

Combine this mayhem with the launch of the Compass yesterday at a mouth watering price, and I see many bookings going that way.

Last edited by bhuvan_prasad : 1st August 2017 at 15:20.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 15:26   #89
BHPian

I am not sure that this info is correct. I have booked a 1.8TSI Style Plus and am awaiting delivery. Hells_fury above has already got his. All the marketing collatoral also shows that model. Surely something isn't right.
Old 1st August 2017, 18:47   #90
Senior - BHPian

Just took the test drive of the Style Plus Diesel DSG. I am not happy with the sound insulation in the cabin.
The sales rep mentioned about VRS variant getting launched in both fuel variants by end of this month. Price increase will be around a lakh more than the current variants.
Will definitely wait for the VRS variant to be launched.

Most Viewed