Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 21:14   #121
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
I've lost the count of the number of times the vRS was speculated to be available in India.
It's for real this time. Skoda India is hosting a 'technical briefing' for the press on Thursday. Two cars to be discussed = Octavia RS & Kodiaq.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 21:51   #122
Team-BHP Support

Skoda looks to be making the right moves in the higher segment (Octavia and above). The face-lifted Octavia (Style Plus TDI DSG) felt extremely good to drive and is so well-equipped. But this slight price increase with the upcoming L&K variant (at a premium compared to the outgoing Style Plus), its easily going to cross 30 lakhs On-road.

That said, the Style variant of the 1.8 TSI DSG and 2.0 TDI DSG looks to be of great value.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 22:04   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
Hi All

Just took delivery of the new Octavia 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Quartz Grey today!
I'm thinking of upgrading the tyres to either the Pirelli P7s or Continental Contisportcontact 5, Any suggestions by fellow BHPians would be greatly appreciated.
Also, my dealer didn't provide the SD card with navigation and will be provided once its available which will take another month or so can anyone please confirm this
Thanks
Manish, Congratulations and I hope you would have replaced those hideous numberplate with the standard ones by now (Y)
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 22:35   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
I was told today that the l&k is only going to be in the diesel variant not petrol. In Mumbai the delivery schedule is about 6-8 weeks for style plus petrol.
Is there an L&K trim available in the Octy?

As far as I know, Style plus is the highest trim available in the Octy line up.
L&K, if and when it comes will be priced very close to the superb petrol style - but I can't understand what additional features it would have except maybe a better audio system.
Old 7th August 2017, 22:56   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Is there an L&K trim available in the Octy?

As far as I know, Style plus is the highest trim available in the Octy line up.
L&K, if and when it comes will be priced very close to the superb petrol style - but I can't understand what additional features it would have except maybe a better audio system.
I was told that Style Plus will go off and the L&K will have a better speakers setup (Canton?), and some other changes like wood inserts. Not sure if the latter is a good thing; the current brushed grey trim looks extremely good.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 07:23   #126
BHPian

There might be a L&K for the petrol 1.8TSI style plus. I was told canton system and seats with L&k written on them. Approx 35-40k more. More clarity on this today.
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 16:32   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I was told that Style Plus will go off and the L&K will have a better speakers setup (Canton?), and some other changes like wood inserts. Not sure if the latter is a good thing; the current brushed grey trim looks extremely good.
That would be perfect if they launch it!

As the owner of a Laura L&K, the idea of getting an Octavia to replace it has been on mind mind. But I would be losing out on one of the things I enjoy most about the car - the 12 speaker music system; even after paying 7L more.

I am assuming that the L&K will also feature better quality leather - At least that is how it is for the Superb IIRC.

As for the wood - I think with the beige interiors, it looks quite decent.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 16:42   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Canton system? Nice.

Finally manufacturers have started paying better attention to the audio department. Canton system should be similar or better than the JBL system in the Hexa - with similar specs - a 10 channel system with an external amplifier, center speaker and subwoofer.
Old 8th August 2017, 17:11   #129
BHPian

Has any body driven the diesel manual version of the new Octavia? As per the official review of earlier Octavia, the clutch was not easy to use in city traffic. Does it remain the same in the new version as well? A lot of my travel would be in city and I do not have the budget to go for DSG AT. Hence the question.

Last edited by sups : 8th August 2017 at 17:19.
Old 8th August 2017, 17:15   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Has any body driven the diesel manual version of the new Octavia? As per the official review of earlier Octavia, the clutch was not easy to use in city traffic. Does it remain the same in the new version as well? A lot of my travel would be in city and I do not have the budget to go for DSG AT. Hence the question?
That's typical of VAG cars, I presume. The Vento has a very springy clutch and the friends who own Rapid also complain of the same. Not sure if there is a change in the setup of higher-end models.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 17:22   #131
BHPian

I'm given to understand that the l&k won't have any subwoofer or external amp. But it's all hear say. Let's wait and watch. I was told 6-8 weeks from now for the car. That's a pretty long waiting period.
Old 8th August 2017, 20:58   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
I'm given to understand that the l&k won't have any subwoofer or external amp. But it's all hear say. Let's wait and watch. I was told 6-8 weeks from now for the car. That's a pretty long waiting period.
The 10 speaker Canton unit has very very mixed reviews on the Skoda forums with some disgruntled owners saying it's not worth the added sub and central speaker!

Here is one:
https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/product...tem-estate-vrs
Old 9th August 2017, 07:37   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Manish, Congratulations and I hope you would have replaced those hideous numberplate with the standard ones by now (Y)
Hi,

Those are temporary number plate with temp no. Applying for special no if available else will go with the normal no, then proper number plate will be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Its meant to soak up the bump exactly like that. The side doors of any cars will crumble like that before it takes the impact to the stronger part of the car. The space is hollow and you can test it in any car. The chances are if a small kid bumps it hard enough it will create a dent specifically at that hollow spot. And the Octavia hit the rapid with its stiffer part of the car.

Some one please post the video of this car at night time. Those lights are beautiful. Love the new design.
Yes, the impact of interior lighting can be be felt truly at night. I can tell you its an amazing experience. Photograph cannot do justice to it.

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2017 at 09:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 11th August 2017, 02:09   #134
a2k
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th August 2017 at 08:39.
a2k is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th August 2017, 14:12   #135
BHPian

White will look like an Uber. The grey looks really really nice.

Most Viewed