Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:34   #106
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hot news -

Could this be true? The vRS is coming back once again? I'm skeptical because the engine is not a 1.8 TSi.
I've lost the count of the number of times the vRS was speculated to be available in India. However, if launched it would make for an extremely good vfm driver's car.
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hot news -

Attachment 1663199

Could this be true? The vRS is coming back once again? I'm skeptical because the engine is not a 1.8 TSi.
Even i heard the same news that its coming out along with Kodiaq. I saw one vRS in Blue shade on display at Czech airport last month. It looked super cool. Infact that was the first time i saw their new "broken" headlights in flesh and said to myself, it doesn't look that bad
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:49   #108
BHPian

If this news is true, i just hope that they launch the vRS in the TDi Avatar as well with the 184 ps power output. Can't wait for the launch if it happens.
Old 4th August 2017, 22:39   #109
BHPian

Skoda Octavia L&K to cost INR 40,000 more than Style Plus. L&K will have perforated leather seats and the music system from Superb in addition to Style Plus.

Bit surprising that Style Plus model is discontinued with in 1 month of release.
RSimonS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 00:33   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap2151 View Post
If this news is true, i just hope that they launch the vRS in the TDi Avatar as well with the 184 ps power output. Can't wait for the launch if it happens.
Wait. What? A vRS TDi? Forgive me if I sound like someone from another planet guys, but since when did Skoda start dishing out diesel vRS's? I, for one, never heard of or saw, a diesel vRS! Are they for real? Damn! I never realized I might be living under a rock. Never felt like it.... Because whenever I'm in the vicinity of an Octavia, I look. Can't avoid it. But never saw this specimen yet.
Old 5th August 2017, 07:46   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Wait. What? A vRS TDi? Forgive me if I sound like someone from another planet guys, but since when did Skoda start dishing out diesel vRS's? I, for one, never heard of or saw, a diesel vRS! Are they for real? Damn! I never realized I might be living under a rock. Never felt like it.... Because whenever I'm in the vicinity of an Octavia, I look. Can't avoid it. But never saw this specimen yet.
Well yes they are available to buy in the UK with the 184ps with both manual, dsg & 4 wheel drive setup as well, attaching screenshot for your reference. it would be really exciting to see if it were to launch in India.
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-screen-shot-20170805-7.41.13-am.png  

vap2151 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 09:47   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap2151 View Post
Well yes they are available to buy in the UK with the 184ps with both manual, dsg & 4 wheel drive setup as well, attaching screenshot for your reference. it would be really exciting to see if it were to launch in India.
Thanx for the update. That's great but this seems like completely different fare from what we are served here. Power wise at least. Also the rear end of the pictured car seems to suggest it's a different model as it also says "Hatch". Or maybe I'm seeing things.

The diesel power figures also don't suggest a power bump for vRS. Maybe a higher state of tune.

Let's see...
Old 5th August 2017, 10:11   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Thanx for the update. That's great but this seems like completely different fare from what we are served here. Power wise at least. Also the rear end of the pictured car seems to suggest it's a different model as it also says "Hatch". Or maybe I'm seeing things.

The diesel power figures also don't suggest a power bump for vRS. Maybe a higher state of tune.

Let's see...
Well The Octavia/Superb are known as hatch in UK because of the way the boot opens with the glass, but its the same car we are offered here in India which positioned as a sedan.

Yes its the highest state of tune in the diesel available in the Octavia globally and is offered only as a vRS.
vap2151 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 12:27   #114
BHPian

I was told today that the l&k is only going to be in the diesel variant not petrol. In Mumbai the delivery schedule is about 6-8 weeks for style plus petrol.
Old 5th August 2017, 16:16   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
I was told today that the l&k is only going to be in the diesel variant not petrol. In Mumbai the delivery schedule is about 6-8 weeks for style plus petrol.
If this is true that is ridiculous! Seems like Skoda has seriously bungled up the launch of another model. Moreover there seems to be no clarity in their communication to the consumer. Fairly disappointed as one would have thought they would have learnt something from their mistakes.
Old 5th August 2017, 19:01   #116
BHPian

This is what I was told by the sales guy. I kind of believe him. I guess I'll have to wait for a couple of months now. Anyways, I was interested in the l&k, but no way would I want a diesel. So style plus petrol for me it is.
Old 5th August 2017, 21:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi Guys,

Long and confused post disclaimer

So unable to get Jetta, I decided to book Vento but cancelled the booking after a week, since I just didn't feel like buying it. Have been saving again since then and now finally can afford one.

The problem is that now there is no Jetta. So back to Octavia. Heart says buy octavia 1.8, it's the only car you hv ever wanted. Mind says vento 1.2 is all the car you need.
Why don't you consider the Rapid? It's best of both worlds. You get a car similar to your Vento choice and it's a cheaper variation of the Octavia. Win win situation, no?
Old 6th August 2017, 18:27   #118
BHPian

Hi All

Just took delivery of the new Octavia 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Quartz Grey today!
I'm thinking of upgrading the tyres to either the Pirelli P7s or Continental Contisportcontact 5, Any suggestions by fellow BHPians would be greatly appreciated.
Also, my dealer didn't provide the SD card with navigation and will be provided once its available which will take another month or so can anyone please confirm this
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-fullsizeoutput_2b8f.jpeg  

mhr.manish is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 22:39   #119
e46
BHPian

This car, exudes class. The quad light setup might not please every one. But, I love it.
I would love to buy this car in next few years, hope to clear some of my outstanding financial obligations by then. I also hope, Skoda India offers a black or grey interior option by then.

- e46 / Trance addict.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 05:44   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

The prices of the TSI Style plus version seem to have increased by 30 K within weeks of launch!

The launch price was Rs. 20.59 Lacs and this has now been increased to Rs. 20.89 Lacs as per the Skoda Website in Tamil Nadu. This translated to a 30K increase and I don't think Skoda has added any compensating features. Unstable pricing like this is going to gain them some profits short run but hurt longer term.

Did not seen an increase in Style variant prices. Maybe a way to balance demand with inventory but still seems like an unwise move that can dent customer confidence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks