Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 16:00   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hey, never mind.

Got the official price list from JMD. Attaching the same here for the benefit of the forum. Price seems to have gone up by around 80k, as expected.

Attachment 1677070
The 1.4 TSI base model has gone up from 15.49 to 15.71 lacs. Relatively minor correction of about 1.5% - It must have ducked under the cess slab for large/luxury cars due to engine size. I think Skoda should offer an automatic version of this car in the Style trim so that they can retain some price advantage vis-a-vis competition and yet offer a car with great features.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 12:09   #197
BHPian

All, Did a TD of Jeep Compass and Octavia Diesel Automatic in the last one week.

I certainly liked the Jeep compass for its handling , comfort etc, however, I was floored when I drove the Style+ variant ( going to be L&K ) of 6 sped DSG Automatic. I know it is not apple to apple comparison when you compare manual vs automatic, but I felt Octavia is super powerful, smooth, felt very safe and comforting. Also the sports mode is super cool and car just flies !

1. I did talk to salesperson about reliability of DSG gearbox as I had read some issues about it. He said ( did'nt want to be quoted) they problems are sorted and they now use DQ500 system which does not have any issues. Can someone validate this for me please? Is there any issue on the diesel 6 speed automatic at all and only for 1.8 TSI?

2. Also on the suspension on Diesel , for a person who drives 80% of times in Bangalore City and 20% on highways , will this be a major issue?

3. In terms of ASS, both FIAT and Skoda have had negative reviews, Can we say Skoda is a better devil as compared to Jeep Compass?

4. If someone has purchased Octavia recently, please share if you have any information on what deals one can get .

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th September 2017 at 12:26. Reason: Properly formatted the post. Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 14:28   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
4. If someone has purchased Octavia recently, please share if you have any information on what deals one can get .
Bought from Vinayak Skoda, Sadashivnagar. Information flow is average. If you are the kind of person who need to do PDI etc, then you have to proactively call them and get the details. They will inturn tell you that, one of them will have to accompany you till KR puram godown and try to divert the case. But you will need to insist and get PDI done.

Also - Essential kid consisting of mats, boot mat, data cable, cushion pillows - were delivered 2 weeks late to me.

Try to push for Outside insurance. And then they will compromise and discount the DRIVE ASSURE part of the insurance.

Get corporate discount only if you are part of a small list of companies. If you are not in those Big companies, don't even care to look at that list
pramod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 15:50   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
All, Did a TD of Jeep Compass and Octavia Diesel Automatic in the last one week.

1. I did talk to salesperson about reliability of DSG gearbox as I had read some issues about it. He said ( did'nt want to be quoted) they problems are sorted and they now use DQ500 system which does not have any issues. Can someone validate this for me please? Is there any issue on the diesel 6 speed automatic at all and only for 1.8 TSI?

2. Also on the suspension on Diesel , for a person who drives 80% of times in Bangalore City and 20% on highways , will this be a major issue?

3. In terms of ASS, both FIAT and Skoda have had negative reviews, Can we say Skoda is a better devil as compared to Jeep Compass?

Clearly your heart is set on the Octavia!

I'd say go pick it up - all the niggles should be sorted by now and the car should be fairly reliable.

1) The Octy doesn't come with the DQ 500 (it's there on the Tiguan), but lumbers on with the older set of gearboxes. The Diesel DSG is significantly more reliable than the Petrols.
2) The diesel suspension is compliant, but the Petrol TSi's is that much better at tackling bumps and cornering. However, on most occasions I doubt you would notice the difference. Go for a drive and see how it compares.
3) Skoda is the 'known' devil, but not necessarily better. Bangalore has a good skoda dealership IIRC (Vinayak?), in which case it shouldn't be an unpleasant experience.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 16:26   #200
Senior - BHPian

How is the drive-ability of Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI? I will be upgrading from Nissan Sunny D and want to know whether 1.4 petrol will be comparable or better for both city and highway driving. Sunny has very nice linear power delivery which makes cruising very pleasurable.
Old 25th September 2017, 17:20   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
How is the drive-ability of Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI? I will be upgrading from Nissan Sunny D and want to know whether 1.4 petrol will be comparable or better for both city and highway driving. Sunny has very nice linear power delivery which makes cruising very pleasurable.
I just go the 1.4 TSI new car with july 2017 manufacture VIN.
I haven't stretched its leg yet until the upcoming long weekend. But what I can already say is its a very easy city car + a highway cruiser with a cruising speed of 120 at 2700 rpm in 6th gear.

Since its a smaller engine with turbo charger, its would be good fun to rip it at higher RPMs.
pramod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 20:04   #202
BHPian

5 weeks after booking, I still have no information regarding when the car will be delivered. Initially, I was committed a delivery date of Oct 1st week. If that date was to be honoured, my car would've already reached the dealer - which it hasn't.

Since the dealer had no idea about tentative delivery date, I was exploring other options. the Mercedes CLA has deep discounts going on - with a OTR price of 35L finally. And assured delivery by Dussehra, if I can close the deal in a day.

Pros
Mercedes Brand
Superior Reliability
Mercedes Brand
Stylish Design
Mercedes Brand
Better ASS

Cons
No Auto Wiper
No Front Parking Sensor
6 airbags (vs. 8 in the Octavia)
6 speakers (vs. 9.1 in the Octavia)
Costlier by 9 lacs
Higher Recurring Insurance and Maintenance Costs

Though the choice looks clear on paper (Octavia), the Mercedes brand seems to be playing on my mind. Opinions welcome.
Old 25th September 2017, 20:14   #203
BHPian

Have any of the owners who opted for the maintenance package got theirs activated yet? Mine is still pending.
Old 25th September 2017, 21:28   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Since the dealer had no idea about tentative delivery date, I was exploring other options. the Mercedes CLA has deep discounts going on - with a OTR price of 35L finally. And assured delivery by Dussehra, if I can close the deal in a day.

Though the choice looks clear on paper (Octavia), the Mercedes brand seems to be playing on my mind. Opinions welcome.
You may need to also factor in the following I guess.

- GC based on the kind of roads, potholes and speedbreakers you typically negotiate.
- Higher weight of the CLA, and if diesel option, then the lower bhp and torque of the bigger motor compared to Octy
- Turning Diameter of CLA is higher, whether this is of importance to your driving routes...
- Inside passenger room and glasshouse is more in Octavia than CLA
- CLA looks (subjective as looks are) are stunning with that AMG grill and coupe like profile :-)
Old 25th September 2017, 21:42   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
You may need to also factor in the following I guess.

- GC based on the kind of roads, potholes and speedbreakers you typically negotiate.
- Higher weight of the CLA, and if diesel option, then the lower bhp and torque of the bigger motor compared to Octy
- Turning Diameter of CLA is higher, whether this is of importance to your driving routes...
- Inside passenger room and glasshouse is more in Octavia than CLA
- CLA looks (subjective as looks are) are stunning with that AMG grill and coupe like profile :-)

GC is 165mm. Have seen reviews that its good enough for Mumbai roads.

Power to weight ratio of the GLA is lower by 2bhp/tonne than the Octavia.

Turning dia is higher but it wont be too much of a hassle.

Totally agree! This is a major dealbreaker for me.

Octavia has a clean and timeless design. I'm not sure how well the CLA will age over time.

In the end its a question of the Merc brand vs the Superb VFM that the Skoda gives.

Last edited by theMAG : 28th September 2017 at 18:00. Reason: Formatting typos corrected. Please give a once-over after posting - thanks.
Old 25th September 2017, 22:09   #206
BHPian

I am also getting very anxious about my booking the l&k. It's been 6 weeks now and no news. I will give it till 1st week of October and if I don't get the car, will cancel my booking and get the elantra.
Old 26th September 2017, 10:31   #207
BHPian

Has anyone managed using the skoda one app with an android? It doesn't work on my phone :-(
Its been a month and 2k kms since i got my 1.8 Tsi Style, haven't bottomed out yet in spite of the terrible roads in Bangalore, was surprised with the good ground clearance. The ride is very pliant, a little firm but very comfortable as long as you don't go over bumps fast and it grips/handles really well too (I did change to P3STs straight out of the showroom though).
I don't like the rims that comes with the style model and am on the lookout for a pair from the style plus, anyone upgrading, do PM me.
The auto dimming outside rear view mirrors are fantastic, i don't get irritated with the people behind me driving in high beam anymore.
Surprisingly though, i hadn't observed anyone mentioning the automatic braking, Its really good when you are parking in a tight spot (it only works in reverse), its a great feature to have.
I had a look at the compass, the interiors were so disappointing that i didn't even bother taking a test drive and the tiguan at a much higher price point is missing some of the key features the octavia has. I am reassured that it's great value.
There have been minor quality issues like the door panel having a small bulge and one window beading that seems to be fixed badly, but you need to look carefully to find these and they aren't bothering me much.
The auto transmission makes the driving experience really relaxed, i feel i am a better driver now and i am managing great economy too, overall 11km (30%highway) which i thought was good.
So far so good, am enjoying this new car! Its highly recommended!
a_nan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 16:51   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
I am also getting very anxious about my booking the l&k. It's been 6 weeks now and no news. I will give it till 1st week of October and if I don't get the car, will cancel my booking and get the elantra.

Discussed with the Skoda ASM in Mumbai. He says a production run in scheduled in October, and cars will come in October.
Says he will try and deliver by Diwali. Guess I will wait out till October end.
Heart seems to be set on it.
Old 29th September 2017, 13:19   #209
Senior - BHPian

Skoda can launch wonderful aggressive components but they need to do something with their bent of mind - delayed deliveries , lack of information , delayed accessories packs, missed timelines - all of which got them into this situation they have with the brand right now to begin with , and exactly where they will head back to.

AS a previous Skoda owner , more than happy to buy the Octavia - but with no firm guarantees on delivery time , no call back from sales or CRM staff, it can lead to a highly annoying customer experience. I loved the Fabia but the process of purchase was painful , 5 years ago... and it is still the same.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 21:30   #210
BHPian

I am seriously considering the hyundai tucson. It's a shame really from skoda. Their lies and deceit will never change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks