Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 03:52   #226
BHPian

When i went to test drive the Honda city two years back, they told me sir u will get the car after 6 months. When i TD the creta when it was launched, they said 7 months. I got the car in 5 months. No gripe against a waiting period. Problem here is not the waiting period but communication.

Initially for the octavia style plus I was told 3 weeks. Then 6 weeks. Then they cancelled the style version and launched the l&k. Then the vrs was launched. Delayed the octavia further. Again the kodiaq was launched. Promised days was two months.

Now they are saying another month. You call that being professional? So the problem here is not " why should I wait", it's to do with false information and withholding correct information on their part. Just be honest with the customer. It's not that difficult. If you have a good product, go about doing your work in a honest and professional way.
derek is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 13:34   #227
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
When i went to test drive the Honda city two years back, they told me sir u will get the car after 6 months. When i TD the creta when it was launched, they said 7 months. I got the car in 5 months. No gripe against a waiting period. Problem here is not the waiting period but communication.

Initially for the octavia style plus I was told 3 weeks. Then 6 weeks. Then they cancelled the style version and launched the l&k. Then the vrs was launched. Delayed the octavia further. Again the kodiaq was launched. Promised days was two months.

Now they are saying another month. You call that being professional? So the problem here is not " why should I wait", it's to do with false information and withholding correct information on their part. Just be honest with the customer. It's not that difficult. If you have a good product, go about doing your work in a honest and professional way.
This aspect I absolutely agree. In spite of the fact that I have bought the Octavia, I personally was not satisfied with the dealership experience. But the product overruled human interaction. I did find the dealership personnel cagey, pretentious and slightly untrustworthy. One more thing that I have noticed, that, in the event of them not having anaswers they will simply disappear instead of just saying "I do not know".
This in sales we say as peddler type behavior and not being salesmanesque.
Old 10th October 2017, 07:53   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

In my experience, each Skoda dealer (Sales or Service) has only a couple of old hands who are both well trained AND have the cumulative knowledge and experience. I have noticed these more in the VAG ecosystem than in other brands.

The rest are all showboats who rely on arrogance and peddling inaccurate information to sell new vehicles or service old ones. The trick is to identify and stick to these stalwarts!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 15:49   #229
BHPian

Got an update today from skoda themselves stating that the car will be delivered sometime in Nov.
Old 13th October 2017, 23:57   #230
BHPian

Wait a minute, I thought I read it on the other thread that Derek was going for the vRS! What did I miss?
Old 14th October 2017, 13:09   #231

Quote:
Got an update today from skoda themselves stating that the car will be delivered sometime in Nov.
Hey Derek - Did they commit to a date on your delivery?
Old 14th October 2017, 22:06   #232
BHPian

Nope, no date. Just November. That's it.

Pixantz, I checked out the tucson and the elantra. Not the vrs. That car is not to my liking. I hate the black interiors. Plus I drive like an old uncle, so!
Old 15th October 2017, 22:25   #233
BHPian

I really don’t like the alloys on the octavia. Is there anywhere where I can get a choice of alloys for the car? Officially from Skoda or outside?
Old 18th October 2017, 12:57   #234
BHPian

Hi,
A couple of questions to the lucky ones who've already got their cars:

1. The brochure says that Textile Mats and Rear Mud Flaps are part of the standard kit. Which implies that I should be getting them even if I don't opt for the Essential Accessories pack. Could anyone confirm receipt of this without the EA pack? I ask because the dealership told me that mats and mud flaps come as accessories.

2. Does installation of the front mud flap adversely affect the GC? Have you experienced any scraping over bigger speed breakers?
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 17:07   #235

Back to back posts, please await moderator approval. Thanks.

Quote:
Nope, no date. Just November. That's it.

Pixantz, I checked out the tucson and the elantra. Not the vrs. That car is not to my liking. I hate the black interiors. Plus I drive like an old uncle, so!

Same here, I have been promised early November. Won't be surprised if they miss..

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th October 2017 at 17:11. Reason: Back to back posts, please await moderator approval. Thanks.
Old 18th October 2017, 18:37   #236
BHPian

Quote:
I drive like an old uncle, so!
I believe that if you have the right machine, even an old uncle can be turned into a raging beast on the road . The prerogative is to have fun and no-one said and old uncle can't have it
Old 18th October 2017, 19:25   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hi,
A couple of questions to the lucky ones who've already got their cars:

1. The brochure says that Textile Mats and Rear Mud Flaps are part of the standard kit. Which implies that I should be getting them even if I don't opt for the Essential Accessories pack. Could anyone confirm receipt of this without the EA pack? I ask because the dealership told me that mats and mud flaps come as accessories.

2. Does installation of the front mud flap adversely affect the GC? Have you experienced any scraping over bigger speed breakers?
Textile mats are part of standard kit and do not need the Essentials Accessories pack. We have a small flap projecting out at the rear to prevent the splash from the rear wheel but not sure if that is what you meant by the mud flap? The mats (rubber mats) and proper mud flaps are in the accessories pack.

I haven't received my accessories pack so can't comment on the GC part. However, the car itself has not grounded even once in Bangalore and I had to drive through some really bad roads. The stiffer suspension does wonder to GC even with the lower number.
Old 18th October 2017, 19:29   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
We have a small flap projecting out at the rear to prevent the splash from the rear wheel but not sure if that is what you meant by the mud flap?
Could you please share an image of this flap?

We added company provided mud flaps to my dad's Vento a few years back and had a hard time driving over speedbreakers. Had to finally remove it. Do not want to repeat the mistake again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji021 View Post
Same here, I have been promised early November. Won't be surprised if they miss..
Don't think early November is happening. From what the ASM told me, petrol CKD kits are expected to arrive by November first week, post which he can tell me if my car is allotted. Even if it is allotted, assembly, transportation, dealer level processing, registration etc would easily push it to mid or end Nov.
I'm now hoping against hope that I get it by my birthday (Nov 21), a full 13 weeks after booking.

Last edited by krishnadevjs : 18th October 2017 at 19:34.
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 20:11   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post

The dq200 is always a gamble (4 GT TSIs I know have had clutch/mechatronic replacements and I'm always a bit scared of mine going the same way).

@Mtv, you are spon on wrt to vRS being a better choice for the reasons you cited - but there is a 6-7 L price difference and for some folks it does make a difference. So, there is a market at this <25 L price segment for folks who are happy with 1.8 TSI as the best in price segment for 'driving pleasure + all round ability' - there are fence sitters within this Octy 1.8 TSI lover community due to dq200 reliability.

I see you own a Octy TSI and I have heard of of horror stories re dq200 few years back. But, considering that Vento TSI and Polo GT have been selling decent numbers in last few years, do we know if reliability of dq200 has improved now ? I would like to believe that VAG did mechatronics mods & updates to make it more reliable - just a fond hope, does not mean it is true.

Views from owners such as @Mtv and more importantly from recent (i.e in last 2 years) owners of Vento/Polo/Octy TSI will help lot of fence sitters on wrt these cars. Thanks.
Old 18th October 2017, 20:29   #240
BHPian

I'm pretty sure this is a step up from my tsi vento. Also, can users please share information with regards to tires and alloys? I definately don't like them at all. That's the first thing I want to change right from the showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks