Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2017, 13:50   #256
BHPian

Re: A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking

Thanks stevie, i would love to be part of a group buy for the octavia rims and tyres. I personally hate the stock rims. Let me know further if more people are interested.

So basically for the extra money we are shelling out for the l&k, all we get is softer seats and a few badges? Not even a subwoofer? Typical Skoda I’m not surprised at all!
Old 26th October 2017, 21:41   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
i would love to be part of a group buy for the octavia rims and tyres. I personally hate the stock rims. Let me know further if more people are interested.
I haven't really thought about changing the rims, and don't think I am looking to switch. I might be going to see the tyre guy this weekend to get my tyres rotated, will bring up group buy options. If anyone else on this thread is expecting delivery in the next few months, and looking to change tyres, please let me know.

Quote:
So basically for the extra money we are shelling out for the l&k, all we get is softer seats and a few badges? Not even a subwoofer? Typical Skoda I’m not surprised at all!
Don't forget the fancy badge!
As for the subwoofer, it might turn out that the sales guy was right and there is one in the centre on the dashboard, I haven't seen one there before, it didn't sound like there was one (might be the EQ settings), but there was definitely nothing in the boot.
Old 28th October 2017, 10:28   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post

3. A couple of pictures, because based on what I've read on here, they truly are worth a thousand words...
Awesome pictures. What a beast!

Skoda does make some great looking cars. Congrats on the booking!
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 16:02   #259
BHPian

Seems Skoda is back to its old ways after all.

Just got a call from Mr. Sagar, the ASM of Skoda in Mumbai, after I wrote to him asking for the status of my car.

During the last concall between him, me and the JMD SA, he had clearly told me that delivery of my car will happen by November 1st week. Today, he claims that he had told me December in the call!

Obviously, I lost it and gave him a piece of my mind! He said he would check and get back by November 3rd on whether he can deliver a car by November.

I've honestly had it with this booking. It's almost as if I'm begging Skoda to take my money and give me their car! No car is worth this much hassle.
In case they inform me by 3rd that the delivery will be in December, I'll be cancelling my booking and going elsewhere.

On a side note, does anyone know the contact info of someone senior in Skoda? I feel this has to be raised beyond an ASM, as repeated delays & false commitments are not done - especially in this segment.
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 01:58   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Seems Skoda is back to its old ways after all.

Just got a call from Mr. Sagar, the ASM of Skoda in Mumbai, after I wrote to him asking for the status of my car.

==========================
I feel this has to be raised beyond an ASM, as repeated delays & false commitments are not done - especially in this segment.
Something similar happened with us too when we took delivery of 1.8 TSI styleplus couple of months back.
The Aryaveer Skoda SM at Delhi asked us to pay Rs 10000/- extra for the navigation card after making us wait for three weeks. Which we escalated to Skoda India helpline. Immediately there was a response and the dealer was directed to procure and deliver the nav card for free to us. The customer support person kept on following till we received the card, took another 2 weeks.
My suggestion please escalate your problem to them

Quote:
Hi,
A couple of questions to the lucky ones who've already got their cars:

1. The brochure says that Textile Mats and Rear Mud Flaps are part of the standard kit. Which implies that I should be getting them even if I don't opt for the Essential Accessories pack. Could anyone confirm receipt of this without the EA pack? I ask because the dealership told me that mats and mud flaps come as accessories.......
We did not go for EA pack but got rear mud flaps and textile mats with the car at no extra charge

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th October 2017 at 16:26. Reason: Back to back posts
mhr.manish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 11:21   #261

Back to back post please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
It's not actually worth the money;
=====
Except Waste Basket and Mudlap - Front ; nothing is essential. Speak to them & get individual price of both & buy it separately.
Did exactly this and happy with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
I haven't really thought about changing the rims, and don't think I am looking to switch.
===but there was definitely nothing in the boot.
Isn’t the box on the left of the boot the canton sub woofer?

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th October 2017 at 13:02. Reason: Back to back post please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
Old 29th October 2017, 13:55   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanahmed View Post

Isn’t the box on the left of the boot the canton sub woofer?
There was no box in the boot of the car I saw
Old 11th November 2017, 20:17   #263
BHPian

Quick check guys, does the octavia come with any kind of sun film? If not, in Mumbai where can I get good quality film?

Also, I like the pull up mesh sun shades that most high end cars get. Does our octavia get those as optional?
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 08:38   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Quick check guys, does the octavia come with any kind of sun film? If not, in Mumbai where can I get good quality film?

Also, I like the pull up mesh sun shades that most high end cars get. Does our octavia get those as optional?
The rear windshield gets mesh sun shade as standard in the style plus variant
Old 12th November 2017, 08:56   #265
BHPian

Great thank you, in that case any options for the side windows? Good quality sun shades.

Also any help with the sun film? Thanks.
Old 12th November 2017, 21:46   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Allotted? Then he needs to provide you with a VIN number. Ask for it. If he cannot provide it, he is basically buying some time.

Allotment to delivery should normally be the time for the vehicle to be transported to the showroom + 2 days for the RTO process and other paper work.

Thanks. You are right. I finally have a VIN to go with. Says, the vehicle has been dispatched. Waiting for it to arrive at the stockyard.
balaji021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 06:02   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji021 View Post
Thanks. You are right. I finally have a VIN to go with. Says, the vehicle has been dispatched. Waiting for it to arrive at the stockyard.
Congratulations! When did you put in your booking?
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 07:55   #268

Quote:
Congratulations! When did you put in your booking?

Booked in the first week of Aug.

I am still skeptical, will believe only when I see it in the yard
balaji021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 11:23   #269

I just got off the phone with my SA. He tells me that as far as he is aware, orders up to the first week of October are being allocated this month (probably allocated already), and the next run is set for the first week of December.
StevieG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 11:47   #270
BHPian

Skoda have updated their website with the brochure of the L&K variant.

L&K Prices are up by around 32k ex showroom over the 'Style Plus' which it replaces.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed