Old 24th July 2017, 10:38   #31
Oxy

Re: Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
The waiting period will be reset with respect to the Alpha CVT. Since the Alpha CVT booking is just beginning, any booking done now will mean you will get your car in the first batch itself. I have waited 6 months now for my Zeta CVT, surely Maruti wouldn't want me to wait another 6 months for the Alpha CVT!!

Edit: I spoke to Nexa customer care, and according to them the current waiting time for the Alpha CVT is 8 to 10 weeks from today
I just got a call from my RM and he was pushing me to not change my booking.

According to him, since I have already waited 6 weeks for the Zeta CVT, i will be getting the allotment of the Zeta in another 1-1.5 months. So he says it really does not make sense to wait another 4 months due to the change of variant.
Old 24th July 2017, 11:02   #32

Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I just got a call from my RM and he was pushing me to not change my booking.

According to him, since I have already waited 6 weeks for the Zeta CVT, i will be getting the allotment of the Zeta in another 1-1.5 months. So he says it really does not make sense to wait another 4 months due to the change of variant.
Your RM is just trying to make the sale of existing stock, please buy the variant that you want. How is a more expensive car not worth the wait? Especially with the difference in equipment levels.

It makes sense to wait four months for the variant that is in demand. It's more expensive and production will definitely be increased to capture the margins. The top end model gives you better satisfaction in the long run and you can hold out against an upgrade for longer.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 11:09   #33

Don't settle for the wrong model because the salesman is trying to push his agenda.

Long ago when I was trying to book Santro AT with ABS, the salesman told us that the ABS option will add another month of delay. The regular AT will be available in 15 days, and with ABS with take 45 days. So my wife opted for without ABS to avoid the delay. Finally the non-ABS AT car was delivered in 60 days.

These salesmen usually talk through their hat. Dates can change later, but you will be stuck with the wrong model.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 12:53   #34
Oxy

Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Your RM is just trying to make the sale of existing stock, please buy the variant that you want.
Don't settle for the wrong model because the salesman is trying to push his agenda.
Thanks a ton guys.

Actually the primary user of the vehicle is going to be my wife (which is why I am buying the automatic in the first place). She needs the car for daily commute to her workplace.

All she cares about is the auto gearbox and her choice of colour. She is least bothered about equipment levels. In fact she is against stretching the budget for the Alpha but I feel it is always better to buy the top end variant when it's available.

I have received an assurance from another dealer that he will get me the Alpha CVT delivered within 8 weeks if I book today. I think I will go ahead and make a fresh booking with him and let the current Zeta CVT booking remain as is. Then I will cancel one of these depending on whichever variant arrives first.

Last edited by Oxy : 24th July 2017 at 12:58.
Old 24th July 2017, 15:27   #35

Originally Posted by Djay View Post
I have successfully booked an Alpha CVT in Autumn Orange color with a NEXA dealer in Pune. The booking was punched in the system and I got the booking receipt. Multiple NEXA dealers in Pune have confirmed that they have logged multiple bookings and even a couple of Alpha CVT cars are in transit (which were unfortunately allotted before I could book). But the final on-road price hasn't been confirmed yet.
Congrats!
What waiting period are you looking at?
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 19:15   #36

Maruti knows best how to maintain the top position in the country
Old 25th July 2017, 01:08   #37

Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Congrats!
What waiting period are you looking at?
Thank you! As of now none of the dealers in Pune have confirmed waiting periods for the Alpha CVT and are mentioning the standard period of 16 weeks. But as per their knowledge it should actually be around 2-3 months. I am taking that with a pinch of salt and just hoping for the earliest.
Old 25th July 2017, 09:40   #38

Nail in the coffin for my never ending search!!

I booked a Baleno Zeta CVT 2 months ago, but my test drives haven't stopped since I was not fully content with my choice. Some of the critical features I wanted were not offered in that variant. Even after booking Baleno Zeta CVT, I have been searching and test driving other cars which are feature rich but at the same time were offering loads of leg room and boot space as Baleno. To my disappointment, none of the cars were offering the space as good as Baleno and all the goodies at the same time. I had a slight inclination towards Jazz as I always liked that car for this design and practicality. I even checked next level variants - Rapid, Verna, Terrano, Duster, Honda City but nothing came close to the overall value for money proposition and the awesome product packaging of the Baleno.

Before this announcement, I was 70:30 between Baleno and Jazz, but this news sealed the deal in favour of Baleno. Once again Maruti has shown that no one understands the pulse of Indian consumer better.

Maruti Rocks!!

I have received an assurance from another dealer that he will get me the Alpha CVT delivered within 8 weeks if I book today. I think I will go ahead and make a fresh booking with him and let the current Zeta CVT booking remain as is. Then I will cancel one of these depending on whichever variant arrives first.
Hey, I don't think change of variant will be considered as new booking. I have also requested an upgrade from Baleno Zeta CVT to Baleno Alpha CVT. My Relationship manager had no problem with the upgradation. All he requested was to send an email with the upgrade request (they want it in writing thats all). Your original booking date still holds true.

If your RM is not obliging, you can take it up with the higher levels at your Nexa dealer. If they also do not cooperate, take up the issue directly with Nexa Customer care. They will be more than happy to help you out.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2017 at 16:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit the previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
smiddela is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:46   #39

The Nexa portal has now been updated for ex showroom prices of the Alpha CVT.

Originally Posted by smiddela View Post
Hey, I don't think change of variant will be considered as new booking. I have also requested an upgrade from Baleno Zeta CVT to Baleno Alpha CVT. My Relationship manager had no problem with the upgradation. All he requested was to send an email with the upgrade request (they want it in writing thats all). Your original booking date still holds true.

If your RM is not obliging, you can take it up with the higher levels at your Nexa dealer. If they also do not cooperate, take up the issue directly with Nexa Customer care. They will be more than happy to help you out.
Hi, the request to change variant is indeed being considered as a fresh booking by Nexa. I have had this confirmed by both my dealer and Nexa customer support as well. I have a written confirmation from my dealer that the change from Zeta to Alpha will be considered a fresh booking and I will have to wait a further 10 weeks for delivery.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 12:34   #40
Oxy

Originally Posted by smiddela View Post
My Relationship manager had no problem with the upgradation.
My RM doesn't have a problem either. But he wants me to think about it because as per him if I go for a variant change, the waiting period gets reset.

Hi, the request to change variant is indeed being considered as a fresh booking by Nexa. I have had this confirmed by both my dealer and Nexa customer support as well. I have a written confirmation from my dealer that the change from Zeta to Alpha will be considered a fresh booking and I will have to wait a further 10 weeks for delivery.
What is the tentative delivery date mentioned in your booking receipt? Is that date within 10 weeks from the day you made the change to Alpha CVT?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2017 at 16:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Old 25th July 2017, 16:16   #41

Maruti Suzuki updates its Nexa portal, CVT in Alpha variant is added.

Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi-capture.jpg
Old 25th July 2017, 16:50   #42

i was the first one at Vipul Motors Gurgaon to change the booking or book the alpha CVT, and there was no protest form the dealer, only thing...waiting period resets as this is treated as a new booking and check out the waiting period...tentative delivery date is end November. Also, the dealer has no clue when the deliveries shall start, although they assured me that i am first in line for a Red Alpha CVT...
Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi-img_20170722_163635.jpg  

Old 25th July 2017, 18:23   #43

What is the tentative delivery date mentioned in your booking receipt? Is that date within 10 weeks from the day you made the change to Alpha CVT?
OMR Nexa haven't logged in the booking into their system yet. They are saying that the system is not allowing them to login bookings yet!! I'm fighting tooth and nail with my RM to get the booking logged in at the earliest.
Old 25th July 2017, 18:54   #44

OMR Nexa haven't logged in the booking into their system yet. They are saying that the system is not allowing them to login bookings yet!! I'm fighting tooth and nail with my RM to get the booking logged in at the earliest.
Sorry for going OT -

Hi Y2ksrs, I believe you have booked at NEXA OMR owned by Pillai & Sons.

I had similar trouble during my booking with them at their Trichy branch. Luckily the RM (who joined from HMP Chennai) was patient enough to clarify my doubts.

I would suggest you to make another booking at Popular NEXA - Nandanam.
Old 25th July 2017, 18:58   #45
Oxy

Lalittalwar's post above clearly suggests that making a fresh booking is possible. So when the variant change is considered a fresh booking, why are they unable to get that detail into their system? This is surprising.

The above suggestion from Prodigy07 is a good one. Instead of breaking your head with the RM, just make a fresh booking with another dealer, because even if you change your existing booking it is going to be considered a fresh one anyhow.

Last edited by Oxy : 25th July 2017 at 19:16.