Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 19:44   #46
BHPian

Re: Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Lalittalwar's post above clearly suggests that making a fresh booking is possible. So when the variant change is considered a fresh booking, why are they unable to get that detail into their system? This is surprising.

The above suggestion from Prodigy07 is a good one. Instead of breaking your head with the RM, just make a fresh booking with another dealer, because even if you change your existing booking it is going to be considered a fresh one anyhow.
Yes I am thinking on these lines. If OMR NEXA not respond back by tomorrow, I'm going to ask a RM from Vishnu Nexa to come down to my office to collect the booking amount.
Old 26th July 2017, 12:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Your RM is just trying to make the sale of existing stock
If there was existing stock of zeta cvt, why would people still be waiting for it? There is no point in manufacturing and keeping it in the stockyard.
Old 26th July 2017, 12:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
If there was existing stock of zeta cvt, why would people still be waiting for it? There is no point in manufacturing and keeping it in the stockyard.
The original post was in context, please bother to read it before jumping the gun.
There is absolutely no information about Alpha cvt stock other than the announcement that it's available , it's pretty certain that existing bookings for which people are waiting for, are either en route, or going into production, normal production scenario, none of those are alpha cvt as the variant didn't exist.
The dealership will simply do FIFO, a sale trumps a booking, that's why.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:41   #49
BHPian

has anyone heard when does Maruti plan to start shipping Alpha CVTs? My guy has no clue as of now.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:53   #50
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
has anyone heard when does Maruti plan to start shipping Alpha CVTs? My guy has no clue as of now.
No dealer has any clue. All they can come up with is, "Saar, just book now and you will be the first in line to get it when it starts shipping".

Meanwhile I received a mail yesterday saying that my Zeta CVT's waiting period has now reduced to 12 weeks. This means I should be getting it by around the last week of August as I had booked it on the 8th of June.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 07:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
No dealer has any clue. All they can come up with is, "Saar, just book now and you will be the first in line to get it when it starts shipping".
The dealer has no clue whatsoever. I had a long conversation with OMR Nexa's CRM yesterday on the waiting time and a likely date of delivery, but they just couldn't confirm a thing. All they say repeatedly is that the maximum waiting time is 10 weeks (which works out as 30th September on my case) and it wouldn't take beyond that time for the car to be delivered. I told them that I have waited 6 months for the Zeta CVT (I had booked that on the 5th of February this year) and now I'm being made to wait a further 2.5 months for the Alpha CVT. A total of 8.5 months for a car . All they could give me was just sympathies and nothing else.

I also took this up with Nexa customer support, and their response was even more frustrating than the dealer's. So at the moment no one has a clue on when shipping of the Alpha CVT is going to start. And going by the response from the dealer and Nexa, I don't have any confidence that the car will be delivered before 10 weeks from now!!
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi-screenshot_2017072900055701.jpeg  

y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 11:31   #52
BHPian

If one is not choosy about the colour, then a delivery may be expected within a month, according to the RM I spoke with.

You pick your colour preferences at the time of booking and Nexa gives you a tentative delivery date based on production and booking numbers.

But if you are okay with whatever colour that is available, and if your money is ready, then you may get a car whenever one is available, usually due to cancellations from other customers.

So the waiting period depends upon colour preferences.
Old 12th August 2017, 20:55   #53

Got a confirmation from the dealership today evening that my Alpha CVT has been allotted and is being transported today. Probably will take another 7-10 days for the delivery.

Earlier on 18th July, I had booked Zeta and changed my booking to Alpha on 22nd July upon getting to know from the newspaper that Alpha has been launched.

The last time I was told the waiting period is 18 weeks. The Sales rep was quite exited to inform the allotment. He claimed I am the first one to be allotted Alpha CVT. Not sure if he meant in the country, Bangalore or the dealership.
Old 13th August 2017, 05:09   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_batabyal View Post
Got a confirmation from the dealership today evening that my Alpha CVT has been allotted and is being transported today. Probably will take another 7-10 days for the delivery.

Earlier on 18th July, I had booked Zeta and changed my booking to Alpha on 22nd July upon getting to know from the newspaper that Alpha has been launched.

The last time I was told the waiting period is 18 weeks. The Sales rep was quite exited to inform the allotment. He claimed I am the first one to be allotted Alpha CVT. Not sure if he meant in the country, Bangalore or the dealership.
Wow congrats on your allotment. May I know which colour options did you choose? I had booked my Zeta CVT in February and had changed to Alpha CVT on July 22nd too (the dealership though logged it in into the Nexa booking system only on September 28th citing that Chennai region bookings opened up only that day) and have been quoted a waiting period of 10 weeks (with a tentative delivery date of 30th September ) and my colour options are Granite Grey, Fire Red, Ray Blue and Premium Silver (basically told the RM to allot any car of the aforementioned colour options to me on priority basis) but no news from them yet on allotments!!
Old 13th August 2017, 08:18   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Wow congrats on your allotment. May I know which colour options did you choose? I had booked my Zeta CVT in February and had changed to Alpha CVT on July 22nd too (the dealership though logged it in into the Nexa booking system only on September 28th citing that Chennai region bookings opened up only that day) and have been quoted a waiting period of 10 weeks (with a tentative delivery date of 30th September ) and my colour options are Granite Grey, Fire Red, Ray Blue and Premium Silver (basically told the RM to allot any car of the aforementioned colour options to me on priority basis) but no news from them yet on allotments!!
Well, its my wife's car and the colour chosen is Red

I am not an expert but the way I understood, with a new variant launched Maruti will try to put some vehicles on the road even if it means jumping the queue. Looks like my assumption may be correct.

In your case, booking a Zeta with any colour option may have helped your cause, as delay from others would have transferred their allotment to you. But, in case of a new variant launch it does not matter, as the vehicles are built and allotted as per order. Any colour option would have given you the same waiting period.

I feel your allotment may be some 5-7 days away, you will definitely get your vehicle much before end of September.
m_batabyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 13:08   #56
BHPian

Wanted to share a happy news! Got delivery of my Baleno Alpha CVT 2 days back . Exactly a little more than 3 weeks since my booking. Apparently as my booking was in the first lot of Alpha CVTs. Haven't been able to drive much since I just got the number plate today, but absolutely loving it so far, especially the Autumn Orange color and the wicked cool RS seat covers with the red stitching. Looks super premium.

PS: I have been told that Kothari Wheels Nexa in Vimannagar, Pune has an Orange Alpha CVT in transit and is available for booking.
Old 18th August 2017, 13:14   #57
BHPian

Hello guys,

I had booked a Zeta CVT Baleno and then changed my booking to Alpha. However the Zeta has arrived and the dealer has given me a choice to take it or wait for the Alpha without confirmation of how much further wait is involved.

I could work around the loss of the Alpha's infotainment system and reverse camera, but the Projector headlamps seem like a genuine benefit over the Zeta. Has anyone had a first hand comparison between the regular halogen lamps vs the projector lamps for the Baleno ? I could not find it here on the forum.

Please help me decide between the Alpha and the Zeta based on the actual superiority of the Projectors vs Halogens of the Baleno. Price difference is something i am okay with.

Somehow the Alpha infotainment system sounded better with its additional tweeters but an aftermarket system with speakers upgraded could easily be better.

Cant make up my mind.
Old 18th August 2017, 19:26   #58
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Wanted to share a happy news! Got delivery of my Baleno Alpha CVT 2 days back . Exactly a little more than 3 weeks since my booking. Apparently as my booking was in the first lot of Alpha CVTs. Haven't been able to drive much since I just got the number plate today, but absolutely loving it so far, especially the Autumn Orange color and the wicked cool RS seat covers with the red stitching. Looks super premium.
Congrats

I booked mine on July 24th, so I think mine should come in the first lot too. But my dealer says that though the Alpha CVTs have started arriving, the blue colour (better half's choice) hasn't arrived yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Cant make up my mind.
The reason you changed your booking was because you wanted the Alpha. I suggest stick to the Alpha as you might miss the additional features it has over the Zeta at some point of time if you decide otherwise.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 00:19   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hello guys,

I had booked a Zeta CVT Baleno and then changed my booking to Alpha. However the Zeta has arrived and the dealer has given me a choice to take it or wait for the Alpha without confirmation of how much further wait is involved.

I could work around the loss of the Alpha's infotainment system and reverse camera, but the Projector headlamps seem like a genuine benefit over the Zeta. Has anyone had a first hand comparison between the regular halogen lamps vs the projector lamps for the Baleno ? I could not find it here on the forum.

Please help me decide between the Alpha and the Zeta based on the actual superiority of the Projectors vs Halogens of the Baleno. Price difference is something i am okay with.

Somehow the Alpha infotainment system sounded better with its additional tweeters but an aftermarket system with speakers upgraded could easily be better.

Cant make up my mind.
Since price difference is OK with you, i will suggest the alpha, it has got all the bells and whistles. You have waited so long, a couple of more months won't break you. Imagine the scenario otherwise, everytime you see an alpha on the road, you would secretly wish, if only I had waited.
Old 19th August 2017, 11:47   #60
Team-BHP Support

I just checked the prices of the Alpha CVT of the Baleno and noticed that the Alpha is almost 1 lakh more than the Zeta for the audio system, reverse camera, HID headlights and some small additions.

This puts the Alpha CVT on par with the Jazz V and the Jazz has some discounts as well. YEs the Jazz is not as well equipped as the Baleno but it's a notch better in quality and feels better built. On top of that the CVT is a little better with the paddle shifters. Space is unmatched in the Jazz and I know the Baleno is brilliant as well but I still prefer the Jazz cabin.

The Baleno Zeta CVT was a no brainer since it was 70-80K lesser than the Jazz with similar features but the Alpha CVT vs Jazz is a tough choice to make.

Most Viewed