Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 12:51   #61
BHPian

Re: Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I just checked the prices of the Alpha CVT of the Baleno and noticed that the Alpha is almost 1 lakh more than the Zeta for the audio system, reverse camera, HID headlights and some small additions.

This puts the Alpha CVT on par with the Jazz V and the Jazz has some discounts as well. YEs the Jazz is not as well equipped as the Baleno but it's a notch better in quality and feels better built. On top of that the CVT is a little better with the paddle shifters. Space is unmatched in the Jazz and I know the Baleno is brilliant as well but I still prefer the Jazz cabin.

The Baleno Zeta CVT was a no brainer since it was 70-80K lesser than the Jazz with similar features but the Alpha CVT vs Jazz is a tough choice to make.
To me, the Baleno Alpha CVT as a no brainer over Jazz CVT. I needed Isofix for my infant son and a black cabin so that stains don't show. A request sensors on both sides - carrying baby on arm, diaper bag in the other...fumbling for keys is a real pain. Also, a 60-40 split for the stroller.
d_himan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 14:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
To me, the Baleno Alpha CVT as a no brainer over Jazz CVT. I needed Isofix for my infant son and a black cabin so that stains don't show. A request sensors on both sides - carrying baby on arm, diaper bag in the other...fumbling for keys is a real pain. Also, a 60-40 split for the stroller.
Isofix, black cabin, 60:40 split and request sensors on both sides are present on Zeta as well, you don't have to get an alpha CVT for these.
The main additions in Alpha over Zeta are touch screen Infotainment system with navigation, reverse camera, projector headlamps.
y448 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 15:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Isofix, black cabin, 60:40 split and request sensors on both sides are present on Zeta as well, you don't have to get an alpha CVT for these.
The main additions in Alpha over Zeta are touch screen Infotainment system with navigation, reverse camera, projector headlamps.
True, did not append the post.. loved the quality and road presence of those DRLs and Osram HIDs. Car Play was also nice to have. And the missus wanted a rear camera for sure.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 22:58   #64
BHPian

Does anyone know if deliveries of any Alpha CVT has happened in any of the Nexa showrooms in Chennai? OMR Nexa keep telling me that there have been no dispatches of Alpha CVT despite me having informed them to change my booking from Zeta to Alpha on 22nd July (it was filed in their system only on 28th July though!!). Any information on deliveries in Chennai will help me in fighting with them.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:17   #65
Oxy
BHPian

Guys, is it possible to cancel a booking while the vehicle is in transit?

I had booked a Baleno Zeta CVT on 8th of June and also an Alpha CVT on 24th of July with two different dealers. The intention was to buy the one which arrives first and cancel the other.

On following up yesterday, both the dealers say the vehicle is expected to be in transit sometime next week and they will let me know when that happens.

Now a few of my colleagues say I cannot back out once the vehicle is allotted to me and is in transit and advised me to cancel one of the bookings immediately.

What needs to be done now?

Last edited by Oxy : 31st August 2017 at 09:20.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
"Expected to be in transit next week" is dealer speak for "they send us a bunch of cars every week and something matching your booking may come in that lot" for certain it means they don't have inventory.

Decide on the version you want and cancel the other booking, right now you have not been allotted anything.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 08:40. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 07:54   #67
BHPian

~5 weeks and no news on the Alpha CVT in Mumbai. Wonder how much longer the wait would last...
Old 5th September 2017, 09:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
You can cancel anytime till your car gets registered. And registration will only happen after you complete the full payment. So you are the final decision maker as to whether to go ahead with the purchase or not. Dealer cannot hold you to ransom just because a car has been allotted to you.

Quote:
~5 weeks and no news on the Alpha CVT in Mumbai. Wonder how much longer the wait would last...
Same story in Chennai too. Dealer has no clue.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 08:41. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 5th September 2017, 12:27   #69
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
You can cancel anytime till your car gets registered. And registration will only happen after you complete the full payment. So you are the final decision maker as to whether to go ahead with the purchase or not. Dealer cannot hold you to ransom just because a car has been allotted to you.
Thanks very much for the clarification.

Quote:
Same story in Chennai too. Dealer has no clue.
And same story here in Bangalore as well. Absolutely no signs of the Alpha CVT. Though I learn someone on this forum from Pune has got his Alpha CVT delivered in three weeks!!

What's even more annoying in my case is that I had got a mail from my dealer last month regarding the Zeta CVT, saying the waiting period for the Zeta CVT has now reduced to 12 weeks. Those 12 weeks have ended on the 31st of August, yet there are no signs of even the Zeta CVT and the dealer has no clue when it will arrive.
Old 5th September 2017, 15:46   #70

Quote:

And same story here in Bangalore as well
I have taken delivery of my Alpha CVT on 25th August from Pratham Nexa.

And for sure I know there were 2-3 deliveries reported in this forum before me. Probably 1 or 2 weeks before my delivery form others dealers in Bangalore.
m_batabyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 16:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
took delivery of my Red Alpha CVT yesterday. surprised that so many people are still waiting for theirs. before i took delivery of the red one, my dealer in gurgaon offered me take Gray and orange colours as they had received those and were not allocated to any other customer

any idea when the touch screen is getting android auto?
lalittalwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 17:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
any idea when the touch screen is getting android auto?
I thought the touch screen is already coming with the Android Auto. is it not ?

Folks who got delivery of Baleno Alpha in the last 2 weeks, can you please confirm.
Old 5th September 2017, 17:47   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_batabyal View Post
I have taken delivery of my Alpha CVT on 25th August from Pratham Nexa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
took delivery of my Red Alpha CVT yesterday.
Congrats on your deliveries. A few questions on your bookings - When did you book, what was the waiting period mentioned and what was the tentative delivery date mentioned in your order confirmation receipt? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 5th September 2017, 17:52   #74
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your deliveries. A few questions on your bookings - When did you book, what was the waiting period mentioned and what was the tentative delivery date mentioned in your order confirmation receipt? Thanks in advance for your replies.
I booked on 24th July. Waiting period verbally mentioned was 8-10 weeks. Tentative Delivery date was 25th November at first, but when I pointed that out to them, they corrected it to 20th September and sent me a revised receipt. Colour booked is Ray Blue.

Still awaiting delivery. Dealer has no clue.
Old 6th September 2017, 08:57   #75

Quote:
I had originally booked a Zeta CVT on 18th July which I changed to Alpha on 22nd July, the day it opened booking. The timeframe mentioned was 18 weeks.

The allotment was done on 12th August and the delivery on 24th. So a month is all that it took from booking to delivery.
m_batabyal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed