Team-BHP - Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188826-baleno-alpha-cvt-launched-8-34-lakhs-ex-showroom-delhi.html)

@autocarindiamag just posted this on Twitter

Baleno Alpha CVT launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi-screen-shot-20170721-5.23.46-pm.png

Much Dzire'd (pun intended), Baleno Alpha CVT has finally been launched at 8.34 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi. At this price it undercuts the competition by significant margin including the AMT sibling!

Name:  Screen Shot 20170721 at 5.32.24 PM.png
Views: 20638
Size:  29.1 KB

EDIT: The last model got covered in the watermark: the model mentioned there is Dzire ZXI+ AGS.

This is great news for automatic lovers. Hope others like Honda (Jazz) and Hyundai (i20) follow too by launching automatics in highest variant also.

Do not know the reason for avoiding the highest variant in petrol automatic because the diesel top variant is usually very near this price. So there is no risk of sticker shock that manufacturers always fear in India.

This is great news!! This shows how overpriced the other automatics are. IMO the Alpha CVT is priced very well.

I am thrilled that Maruti has done what others were reluctant to do.

Now, I am sure this will Attract Lot more buyers (Automatic) due to the fact that it's the only car with Fully Loaded Trim apart from Polo GT TSI.

I was thinking of how Maruti Missed offering a Top End Automatic when it was launched in 2015, in 2016 Maruti addressed it by offering CVT in Zeta Spec, but the things that make Baleno Stand Out (Projector Headlamps, DRLs, Touch HU, Reverse Camera) were all missing.

Now, Maruti have gone step further & done the best thing, I don't see i20 Asta AT anytime soon, only thing that may come is Jazz VX CVT, with either 1.2 L or 1.5 L engine. But that'll easily cross 9 lakh. :Frustrati

Well done Maruti, if everything goes as expected, a 2nd Baleno might soon end up in my Garage. :)

This is fantastic move by Maruti. Good pricing, CVT over AMT, top variant as AT and still undercut competitors. Time and again they prove why they know the Indian market very well.

This is absolutely great news. I will now gladly change my Zeta CVT booking to Alpha CVT. Maruti seem to have been manufacturing the Zeta CVT in very less numbers in June and July - may be they were concentrating more on Alpha CVT hoping that many Zeta CVT bookings will get converted to Alpha.

The Nexa website still doesn't mention the Alpha CVT. I spoke to my RM at OMR Nexa on this and he had no idea on the Alpha CVT being introduced.

That's a great news. The nexa website is still not updated when i looked for the information. Perfect timing for a launch as i am in the market for a fully loaded automatic car. I really hope the waiting period is not 18 months. Alpha CVT in both petrol and diesel?

Off Topic, I feel they should launch the Ignis AMT Alpha as well post the price corrections after GST along with this Baleno Alpha CVT.

Baleno Alpha CVT might pull probable Jazz CVT customers due to the features on offer with the added CVT convenience.

Any news on whether Maruti plans to offer the top Alpha trim in the Ignis petrol AMT as well.

I am planning to book the Ignis by the beginning of next month and would be extremely disappointed if they would launch it just after my purchase.

Mods, please excuse the OT.

Thanks!

Cheers

Excellent news! Finally MSIL is waking up to realize the requirements of customer. clap:clap:
I guess there will be a huge shift from bookings of CVT from Zeta to Alpha as most of them would have wanted this in the first place.

Just one doubt. Why is it announced as Ex-showroom Delhi? I assumed post GST, the ex-showroom prices wont differ anywhere. The only new car announced post GST was Skoda Superb which had a One India One Price slogan as well. Am I wrong or Am I missing something?

A brilliant move by Maruti. Post GST, they have already dropped price of all their models. By launching this top variant with AT it lets them get that extra money which consumers were willing to pay pre-GST.

For 70k more one would get following additional features in Alpha AT
*DRL
*Projector headlamps
*Reverse parking camera
*Smartplay infotainment system
*Navigation system
*Voice Command
*Smartphone connect / Apple carplay
*Remote control through smartphone app

Just goes to show the premium at which Jazz is priced

Wonderful effort from Maruti. Firstly introducing the Zeta version post launch and now for gauging the market's pulse and getting the Automatic in the top variant.

Now for a mid-cycle refresh, please add cruise control as well to make it a complete car.

The pricing just shows how much the Jazz is overpriced. Not mentioning the i20 as it is the 1.4 engine version and I feel Hyundai has it to show an automatic version in its line up.

With Gujarat plant functioning and delivery times coming down, the numbers are going to be looking up for quite some time into the future.

Excellent step by Maruti. Better late than never. When compared to the competition, it is a really VFM offering. Also, this is good news for folks who were planning to go for the Dzire ZXI+ AGS just due to the fact that the Baleno lacks CVT in the Alpha variant.

I wonder how many people have brought the I20 Magna AT? I would be surprised if it has sold in three digits since launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuVis (Post 4238157)
Just one doubt. Why is it announced as Ex-showroom Delhi? I assumed post GST, the ex-showroom prices wont differ anywhere. The only new car announced post GST was Skoda Superb which had a One India One Price slogan as well. Am I wrong or Am I missing something?

Even I was thinking that post GST, cars all over India should have the same Ex-Showroom price. Am I missing something?

Can someone please clarify?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naut (Post 4238253)
Even I was thinking that post GST, cars all over India should have the same Ex-Showroom price. Am I missing something?

Can someone please clarify?

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that logistic charges would be different for every state depending upon distance from factory.