Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 13:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Manufacturers refunding excess ₹₹₹ after GST implementation

Honda is refunding excess money after the GST implementation to its car buyers, I received a refund of Rs.13,396 yesterday.
deehunk is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 16:21   #2
BHPian

Re: GST effect on car prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Honda is refunding excess money after the GST implementation to its car buyers, I received a refund of Rs.13,396 yesterday.
I think Toyota should learn from this. They are trying to utilize the situation. Compared to Delhi, Bangalore ex-showroom price for Fortuner is more than 75 K.
LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 20:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Got credited 12k today as well, I came here to post the same.

To note, I was not even promised a refund when I booked as there was no formal process defined then. I still went ahead with the booking in June because of few other discounts. After implementation of GST, when I took delivery of my car, the dealer asked me to sign few forms to process the refund which was a pleasant surprise.

Really appreciate Honda doing this, raises opinion on them by a notch.
Yieldway17 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 22:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
To note, I was not even promised a refund when I booked as there was no formal process defined then. I still went ahead with the booking in June because of few other discounts. After implementation of GST, when I took delivery of my car, the dealer asked me to sign few forms to process the refund which was a pleasant surprise.

Really appreciate Honda doing this, raises opinion on them by a notch.
Yes. Came as a surprise as I was not expecting it. Refund amount came to ~13k for the car delivered by mid June. Good of Honda to do this

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2017 at 10:40. Reason: Corrected :)
hypermiler is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 09:19   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Manufacturers refunding excess ₹₹₹ after GST implementation

Thanks for sharing guys! Moving this to a new thread.

Here's another post about Renault doing the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Just got a call from my SA that Renault is offering some refund to all the customers who purchased vehicles in the month of June. This is because from July onwards, due to the implementation of GST, the prices of Duster have come down. Currently he has not shared what the exact amount is, but I feel its a very good move by Renault to ensure that those customers who have purchased vehicles during the month of June don't regret their decision .
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 14:43   #6
BHPian

Re: Manufacturers refunding excess ₹₹₹ after GST implementation

My wife purchased a Tiago AMT in June. Just confirmed with sales manager that price has now been reduced by 13k.
I hope Tata also comes up with similar refund.
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Honda was widely advertising that they would be refunding any amount that is received in excess of the post GST PRICE. Heard it over radio & saw newspaper advertising as well.

Glad to hear that they are actually delivering on the promise ! Good going Honda !!

Think it may happen across all brands, which would be the right thing to do.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 22nd July 2017 at 16:41.
Ricky_63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope this extends to the Company Leased Cars. Any one yet ?
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hope this extends to the Company Leased Cars. Any one yet ?
Sorry..what do you mean by Company leased cars?Are you saying that they should extend this refund to cars which are taken under company lease pre GST?
Old 23rd July 2017, 01:34   #10
BHPian

Guys, do you think that there is a right for the buyer to get the amount refunded for any car which has been bought in June and the prices of which are corrected downwards in July after the implementation of GST. We bought a Jaguar F Pace and the prices have corrected by approx 4 lakhs and if there is some tribunal or authority where I can raise a complaint, then please do let me know. Would help me spend that extra dough saved on getting the 20" wheels for the cat
Old 23rd July 2017, 12:45   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Guys, do you think that there is a right for the buyer to get the amount refunded for any car which has been bought in June and the prices of which are corrected downwards in July after the implementation of GST. We bought a Jaguar F Pace and the prices have corrected by approx 4 lakhs and if there is some tribunal or authority where I can raise a complaint, then please do let me know. Would help me spend that extra dough saved on getting the 20" wheels for the cat
Why will they refund it? Other's are doing it for goodwill. There is no rule/law which can force the OEM to pass on benefits of taxes saved post you made your purchase!
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 08:58   #12
BHPian

Thats what I wanted to understand buddy, whether it is a 'good gesture' act from some companies which are offering the refunds or would there be a tribunal for taking the matter up with the government. I say this because I read somewhere that the government had asked the people to report the establishments which have increased prices before GST, citing some or the other reason. So maybe such kind of tribunal is also there in which we can raise issues of being shortchanged because we bought a product just before GST was implemented.
Anyways, if I come across such a tribunal, I will post and inform all. Till then, keep revving!!
Old 24th July 2017, 11:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dad also got refund of Rs 7279 for his WR-V bought in June.
Old 24th July 2017, 12:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Thats what I wanted to understand buddy, whether it is a 'good gesture' act from some companies which are offering the refunds or would there be a tribunal for taking the matter up with the government. I say this because I read somewhere that the government had asked the people to report the establishments which have increased prices before GST, citing some or the other reason. So maybe such kind of tribunal is also there in which we can raise issues of being shortchanged because we bought a product just before GST was implemented.
Anyways, if I come across such a tribunal, I will post and inform all. Till then, keep revving!!
It's purely a good-will gesture by manufacturers

I don't know about Jaguar but other manufacturers didn't increase price couple of months before GST to bring it to the original price after GST. Government also only warned about not passing on the benefits of GST to consumers which again car manufacturers have done. So, there is nothing to make a case against them for not refunding bookings made in June or earlier.
Old 24th July 2017, 14:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

This gesture is better than the massive discounts some car manufacturers have offered/offer to boost sales or clear stocks at the end of year. Government cannot interfere in such decisions as it is more like a financial recall by manufacturers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks