Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 05:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches the first NEXA service station

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
But current customers will feel special as the ASS isn't going to be as crowded as the regular MASS.
I'm not a 100% sure about that. Maruti is initially launching these new service centres at the rate of one centre per city, and with just one centre to cater for a whole city, the crowds at these service centres will be quite a handful. Till a few more service centres are opened in big cities like Delhi, Bangalore or Chennai, there will be crowding at these service centres, at least with people being curious to see how the"premium" experience works out to be. And based on what I heard from OMR Nexa, Maruti is not looking at more than 2 to 3 service centres per city.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 09:03   #32
BHPian

As far as I know all the NEXA's were supposed to be COCO's but, here in the region where I live the existing Maruti dealers are running them and the quality of service is no different. I hope this turns out to be a game changer. Moreover, why such a special treatment to NEXA customers only every customer should be treated special.

Last edited by amit_shimla : 30th July 2017 at 09:07.
amit_shimla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 09:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_shimla View Post
As far as I know all the NEXA's were supposed to be COCO's but, here in the region where I live the existing Maruti dealers are running them and the quality of service is no different. I hope this turns out to be a game changer. Moreover, why such a special treatment to NEXA customers only every customer should be treated special.

NEXA was never COCO. It was a separate wing of Maruti focusing on supposedly 'premium' products. New dealers were taking their dealership initially before the existing ones probably brought the idea seeing that they were doing very well.

Secondly, the NEXA customers (if reports are true) will be paying a premium for the servicing of their cars. I am sure you would agree they would need special treatment if that is the case.

Even else, they are a sub brand and how Maruti treats them shouldn't be of any concern to the rest of the Maruti owners. Mahindra did it for XUV, it is a way of showing that they honor their relationship.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 12:47   #34
Sip
BHPian

This could help provide some distinctiveness to NEXA brand otherwise it seems difficult to earn distinct image due to enormity of Maruti brand

OK what I am more certain is that these days MASSs are bit crowded and IMHO that directly affects quality of service provided. Maruti Suzuki is regularly increasing production capacity and it has serious cumulative effect that could be seen at any MASS. So with some amount of premium I think it would be better to get your car serviced by a team who are not hit by time constraints.
Additionally many 1.6 s-cross owners felt apparent lack of expertise due to limited numbers of 1.6 cars. So if they concentrate servicing to such places this could be helpful to some extent. Also I want my car to be serviced in front of my eyes. So it's a welcome step by Maruti Suzuki
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 23:18   #35
BHPian

What about body repairs?
Are these new NEXA service points equipped with a body shop too?

Or does one need to go to the regular MASS body shop.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 09:33   #36
BHPian

Hi,
Can anyone tell where in Gurgaon is the NEXA service centre has come up?

Thanks in advance.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 14:18   #37
BHPian

I am quite happy with the regular Maruti service itself. I don't think, NEXA service will add any value for me, others may view it differently though!

The only question I have is, will a NEXA buyer have a choice of choosing the service type (NEXA service or regular Maruti service)?

Eventually, I think, Maruti will mandate that NEXA cars be taken to NEXA service only, otherwise how will the franchisee's recover the cost?
Old 1st August 2017, 11:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Nexa showroom in Horamavu - Bangalore is setting up a Nexa Service behind the showroom.

Emm Emm motors which was behind has relocated elsewhere and lot of construction happening there.
Old 1st August 2017, 15:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Saw the exclusive Nexa service centre today where i had gone to get my 3 series serviced in Gurgaon, the set up looked lavish and nice. This is the reason why Maruti stays at No.1 position, i was contemplating a petrol auto hatchback to replace my Vento and Maruti threw 2 moves - Alpha CVT and now this.

If i have to pay for more for the Nexa service, would be more than willing to pay considering i get good levels of service, nice area to sit in and less rush with a better premium service which is not possible in the regular overcrowded Maruti service stations.

Could you confirm the location of this service centre , please?
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 17:29   #40
BHPian

While it is great to see a manufacturer cater to different segments differently, I wonder what exactly the difference in experience would be? In Ahmedabad, Kataria Automobiles has a huge service center that includes a canteen, refreshment area, AC waiting room with glass wall to see your car being serviced etc. I saw this 2 years back. It was really amazing to see how much the company cared for the customer. They had latest copies of Autocar/Overdrive magazines in the waiting room and there were people to serve tea/water to the customers. Given that all this infrastructure exists, what more value could a person who goes for getting his car serviced expect?

Also, I'm not sure how many people (outside this forum) stay with the car during the service. Instead of this, I think the Toyota 1 hour service (saw an advertisement many years back) concept offers more value for the average Indian customer.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 1st August 2017 at 17:32.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 18:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

I hope now they move higher from Ciaz. Saw a Kizashi yesterday and if Maruti can bring it with a good engine, it will rock. It can overlap with S-Cross for some variants and maybe go higher for loaded versions. But practically they will move more into SUV/CUV space since thats what the people want.

But why add un-necessary cost to service when Maruti itself is good enough. Other than the crowd, its not bad.

Last edited by srishiva : 1st August 2017 at 18:30.
Old 1st August 2017, 19:19   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

An insight into the first NEXA service centre

Last edited by Leoshashi : 1st August 2017 at 19:21.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Saw a Kizashi yesterday and if Maruti can bring it with a good engine, it will rock.
OT, but what engine would you propose they fit into the Kizashi? The engine bay was designed to fit a 3.6L General Motors V6 so there is more than enough space in there, but after the two companies split up, Suzuki put in their own 2.4L inline 4. I thought this was a good choice as the car has loads of power, very strong midrange and top-end performance, was very rev-happy and returns pretty decent mileage if one drives it calmly. The motor makes the car good for a 7.5 second 0-100 dash and I get 8-10kmpl in the city depending on traffic and 13-16kmpl on the highway even when the speeds go north. I feel like there wasn't really any problem with the car. MS should have just done better marketing. It came with the best in class brakes, excellent comfort, excellent sound damping, host of features at the time of its launch like driver and passenger electric seats, with memory function on the driver side, dual zone climate control and I believe one of the first keyless entry and push button start equipped cars sold in India etc, out performed everything else save for the Volvo S60 in crash tests from 2010 all the way upto 2014. Yet the company did not advertise any of that. When the i20 first launched every car was fitted with a 5 star ENCAP rating sticker on the back even though the car that was sold in India was very different. Ads in the newspapers went on and on about the i20s features. What did Suzuki do? They released some advert with the car mucking about in a desert with red sand, and that was it. Poor marketing I feel, that's about it.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 3rd August 2017 at 09:22.
IshaanIan is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 12:31   #44
BHPian

Saw one of the videos posted above and saw that NEXA Service in Gurgaon has opened at Plot No 5 IDC, Opp Sec 14 Gurgaon. There is NEXA showroom also in that area in Plot no 95.
Old 4th August 2017, 15:49   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
OT, but what engine would you propose they fit into the Kizashi? .
The locally built 2.0 Multijet II. . That should take the fight directly to the Skoda Octavia in terms of engines, and far ahead of the Elantra.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks