Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 08:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Good move! So, NEXA completes the full circle - the cars, the sales and now service.

I feel that the circle should be filled with some colours now. Nexa should be introduced as a premium brand of Suzuki. S-Cross build quality is quite good and if they can do the same with other cars in their portfolio, they can surely ask for more premium and soon establish themselves as a premium brand. Nexa can give Suzuki the status that they have probably never enjoyed otherwise.

Last edited by GTO : 29th July 2017 at 12:22. Reason: Language etc.
//M6 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th July 2017, 08:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti launches the first NEXA service station

More details of the Nexa Service Centre emerges.

Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-1.jpg

1. Customers arriving for a fixed appointment will find that the boom barrier on the gate of the Nexa service station opens the gate automatically. The boom barrier reads the RFID on the vehicle’s windscreen to open the gates.

2. Customers who do not have an appointment will have to wait for the security personnel to open it manually.

3. Pick- up and drop facility is also available

4. Vehicles with appointments gets a dedicated parking bay each with registration number on display. At the parking bay, a dedicated service manager for THE vehicle will generate a digital job card with intimation

5. Customers with an appointment have an access to the lounge area which has a screen that gives out vehicle details and serves refreshments. Customers can also check for service data on the tablets in the lounge area.

6. Customers can choose the live feed option on their device or chat with their relationship manager to get service details.

7. Customers visiting the Nexa service station can also buy genuine Nexa accessories.

Quote:
The company claims that the Nexa showrooms are eco-friendly and hence, all the water used during servicing is recycled and reused. The centre also uses a non-water based foam cleaning solution
Quote:
The service bay also gets a reverse bay timer which counts down from the estimated timeline conveyed to the customer. This ensures that the vehicle is delivered within these timelines
Quote:
The centre has zero oil spillage as the oil is directly pumped to the service bay
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-2.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-3.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-4.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-5.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-6.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-7.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-8.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-9.jpg
Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-10.jpg

LINK

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th July 2017 at 08:32.
volkman10 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 09:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches the first NEXA service station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
There will be people who wouldn't mind paying a little extra for getting their cars serviced at the exclusive NEXA outlets since they are not regular service centers. They provide much better insight into their workshop and the work that is done on your car. The technicians there will be well trained and customer service will be excellent compared to normal Maruti service centers. As per the report they will provide online appointment booking, live camera feed, detailed reports etc.

As an analogy, some of the Skoda cars and Audi cars have same engines. Why would people still buy an Audi if they can get the same performance from a cheaper Skoda car? You will not get the same snob value and premium feel from a Skoda that you would get from an Audi. As they say it, good things come at a price!
Agreed, good things come at a price. I am all for the NEXA service stations but my main concern during the service would be the service advisor. The first step that needs to be addressed would be having good, competent service advisors with knowledge about the car to take care of it during the service

As an example, in my car, there were folks in the service station who engaged 6th gear thinking they were engaging reverse. Another example would be the android auto upgrade: For a car which is supposedly premium, no one has any clue when the S-Cross will get the android auto, even though it has been officially announced everywhere.

I hope Maruti is concentrating on providing better training to these NEXA service advisors as they will anyway not have the volume that the regular service centers will get. This training and trouble shooting techniques would make me go to a NEXA service center, not live camera feed and waiting in air conditioned bays with refreshments.
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 10:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More details of the Nexa Service Centre emerges.

1. Customers arriving for a fixed appointment will find that the boom barrier on the gate of the Nexa service station opens the gate automatically. The boom barrier reads the RFID on the vehicle’s windscreen to open the gates.

4. Vehicles with appointments gets a dedicated parking bay each with registration number on display. At the parking bay, a dedicated service manager for THE vehicle will generate a digital job card with intimation

5. Customers with an appointment have an access to the lounge area which has a screen that gives out vehicle details and serves refreshments. Customers can also check for service data on the tablets in the lounge area.
Good to see that someone has recognized the importance of differentiating between people with appointments and walk in.

Hope this catches on across all manufacturers.
Old 28th July 2017, 12:52   #20
BHPian

I tried searching for its address on the internet and even calling the helpline. But no-one has a clue of the location of this workshop. Does anyone know where in Gurugram it has been started?
Old 28th July 2017, 15:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Saw the exclusive Nexa service centre today where i had gone to get my 3 series serviced in Gurgaon, the set up looked lavish and nice. This is the reason why Maruti stays at No.1 position, i was contemplating a petrol auto hatchback to replace my Vento and Maruti threw 2 moves - Alpha CVT and now this.

If i have to pay for more for the Nexa service, would be more than willing to pay considering i get good levels of service, nice area to sit in and less rush with a better premium service which is not possible in the regular overcrowded Maruti service stations.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:06   #22
BHPian

A friend who owns a Ciaz pointed me to this thread. I am optimistic about how things are going with Maruti. I had my reservations buying a Maruti car after owning a Ritz Vxi from 2010 to 2015. Then came NEXA with the S-Cross. Given Honda's ongoing cost-cutting spree since 2013 and my reluctance of buying Hyundai, I went ahead with the crossover. I was in for a surprise with the S-Cross and am still in awe after 29000 kms of driving it. The car is rock solid with absolutely no Maruti-known niggles. It was about time the premium-ness became part of the A.S.S.

Since we have always had Maruti cars in the family and have always stuck to the same service station, I have a good rapport with the guys. I have a habit of staying around my car during services so switching to a premium service station and paying a premium doesn't make much sense. Will see how things work out when more of these open up around the city. Definitely a boon for laid back car owners, Maruti with its A.S.S. stays spot on.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:26   #23
BHPian

The service center pictures and system looks amazing. Will definitely monitor how good they are going to scale this with launching other centers all over India. Will wait and watch if it's just a news seeking move or they are going to roll out all these features for every Nexa service centers they are planning.
Yieldway17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 19:54   #24
BHPian

Looks Amazing.

With move like this Maruti is inching towards garnering more revenue per car. They are moving up the value chain and how. If you see the company strategy they are inching towards more profit per car they sell.

The first step was having Nexa sales outlet. Now they will have Nexa service outlets. It takes care of the image issue and gives a customer a sense of premium .
Example - A person who would have say graduated from an Alto may consider an expensive Hyundai or Honda hatchback next. This way they will manage to keep the buyer within the Maruti ecosystem.

If I have to make a guess , in another year or two Maruti will have another sales and service division for the taxi/ UBER / OLA segment.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 20:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

NEXA exec tells me there is a dedicated service station coming up in Bengaluru, near Yelahanka. Exciting times for premium car owners.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 12:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

One thing I have learnt from years of being proactive with all my cars' maintenance, is that it is the people who are most important to your car's service, not how much glass area or new tech the center is equipped with. Being a Kizashi owner, one thing I can say is that it is absolutely hard to find a Maruti service center with technicians that are well trained in servicing the Kizashi. It is not like as if the car is overly complicated either, far from it. It is quite Japanese in that way and not German, yet most Maruti technicians struggle to do work on the Kizashi. In 5 years of ownership I know of only one Maruti guy who can do the job well and that is not because he is well trained and super comfortable servicing the Kizashi itself, quite the opposite infact and my ownership of the car has been a learning experience for the both of us. He is good because he loves cars himself and is genuinely interested in them thus whatever experience he has had in the field has been very fruitful. He does quality work and is unlike any other service guy I have seen at any other authorized service center be it any brand. If Maruti wants to charge a premium for these Nexa facilities, I genuinely hope it is because they have picked the cream of the crop when it comes to the guys servicing the cars. Otherwise this doesn't invoke any interest in me.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 29th July 2017 at 12:08.
IshaanIan is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 17:26   #27
BHPian

Pillai & Sons (OMR Nexa) exclusive Nexa service centre is coming up in Chennai at Kilkattalai near KFC. Tentatively opening by August end. Will be Chennai's first Nexa service centre.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 19:10   #28
BHPian

One thing great about Maruti is the service. Service at the regular stations is also great. Plus once you service regularly at a place, you are known there and they treat you well. This Nexa service is just a way to fleece more money out of customers
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 23:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hope the quality of diagnosis & homing in on the "root cause" also gets a leg up at these outlets.
Irrespective of what OEM or type of service centre, if diagnostic quality suffers & the vehicle is not fixed first time right and the service centre resorts to unnecessary changing of parts to meet their spare parts target, then no amount of swanky looking workshops or comfy looking sofa's will cut much ice. Maruti should pay attention to that.
Nowadays I hear and have personally experienced wildly fluctuating levels and quality of service and diagnosis at multiple Maruti outlets across the country.
Let's hope these anomalies are ironed out.
arjab is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 23:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

I still view this as a way to extract more $$$ from a customer. I'm sure most technicians receive no special training yet. But current customers will feel special as the ASS isn't going to be as crowded as the regular MASS.

We had a thread on live video streaming/video recording of the service bay when your car is being serviced, the general opinion was that it was cumbersome for both the dealer and customer. If the customer cares to much, why not stay in the ASS itself?

I'm not completely bashing the idea- if Maruti has extremely premium models in the pipeline, a separate ASS with superior equipment and well trained technicians make sense. They should also offer 60/90 minute service and stick to the schedule.

Most Viewed