Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 11:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti launches the first NEXA service station

Maruti Suzuki has launched its first NEXA Service workshop in Gurugram. The plan is to launch 300 such service outlets by 2020. In the initial phase of the project, Maruti aims to set up 60-70 outlets by the end of March 2018.

Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-picture-1.jpg

NEXA Service customers will be able to make service appointments online. Cameras installed around service bays will relay a live feed to customers' phone or tablet. Vehicles will also receive a 'digital health card' which will allow customers to monitor the status of all the consumables like brake pads, tyres, clutch, etc.

Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-image004.jpg

Maruti Suzuki had earlier announced a plan to revamp sales its sales and service network across the country. According to the company, new True Value used car outlets will be launched, while traditional Maruti dealerships will refurbished.

Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-image006.jpg

Maruti launches the first NEXA service station-picture-4.jpg

Last edited by TusharK : 27th July 2017 at 11:58.
TusharK is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 11:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti launches the first NEXA service station

A very welcome move from Maruti. They did pull up an ace by placing themselves as a premium brand with their sales strategy around Nexa showrooms. While, their products have matured in quality and keeping up with the market on features, their co-located service strategy wasn't working well.

There are two bays labelled in my regular service station that are dedicated for Nexa cars. But, more often they are servicing an Alto or a Wagon R. Having dedicated service stations at a slight premium would work quite well in taking them a step ahead.
moralfibre is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 13:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

I also read that they will charge 15-20% extra for servicing at these outlets. I feel it is too high a markup for servicing at exclusive service centers. Why would anyone prefer a NEXA outlet when there is a regular service center doing the same job at a lower price?
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I also read that they will charge 15-20% extra for servicing at these outlets. I feel it is too high a markup for servicing at exclusive service centers. Why would anyone prefer a NEXA outlet when there is a regular service center doing the same job at a lower price?
There will be people who wouldn't mind paying a little extra for getting their cars serviced at the exclusive NEXA outlets since they are not regular service centers. They provide much better insight into their workshop and the work that is done on your car. The technicians there will be well trained and customer service will be excellent compared to normal Maruti service centers. As per the report they will provide online appointment booking, live camera feed, detailed reports etc.

As an analogy, some of the Skoda cars and Audi cars have same engines. Why would people still buy an Audi if they can get the same performance from a cheaper Skoda car? You will not get the same snob value and premium feel from a Skoda that you would get from an Audi. As they say it, good things come at a price!

Last edited by Funny : 27th July 2017 at 16:45.
Funny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Cameras installed around service bays will relay a live feed to customers' phone or tablet.
Where is my Royalty Maruti?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-serviced.html
CliffHanger is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:10   #6
BHPian

I was told that in Bombay a Nexa exclusive service station is coming up in Parel and should be operational by year-end. Good thing too. The one I went to in Lower Parel seemed to be out of the early 1990s with old magazines and communal seating.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
There will be people who wouldn't mind paying a little extra for getting their cars serviced at the exclusive NEXA outlets since they are not regular service centers.
This is good I guess, but it's all useless at the end of the day if your SA is an idiot or a jerk or both. That is the single most important factor in the service experience. I would gladly give up a few creature comforts to ensure that the technical aspects are well taken care of.

What I am looking forward to most from the dedicated Nexa service centers is an enhanced level of familiarity of the techs with the Nexa models, something that you cannot always find in the regular Maruti service stations. Updating the Smartplay system being a case in point, most of them don't have a clue how to handle that.

Last edited by GTO : 28th July 2017 at 08:35. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
A very welcome move from Maruti. They did pull up an ace by placing themselves as a premium brand with their sales strategy around Nexa showrooms.
Having dedicated service stations at a slight premium would work quite well in taking them a step ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
There will be people who wouldn't mind paying a little extra for getting their cars serviced at the exclusive NEXA outlets since they are not regular service centers. They provide much better insight into their workshop and the work that is done on your car. The technicians there will be well trained and customer service will be excellent compared to normal Maruti service centers. As per the report they will provide online appointment booking, live camera feed, detailed reports etc.
The concept looks good enough. However I would reserve my verdict only after hearing first hand reports from BHPians about their experiences. If the service centers too turn into nothing but a glorified regular Maruti service center akin to NEXA showrooms, then it will not be worth the premium.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti Suzuki has launched its first NEXA Service workshop in Gurugram. The plan is to launch 300 such service outlets by 2020. In the initial phase of the project, Maruti aims to set up 60-70 outlets by the end of March 2018.
Looks like a PR exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
In mangalore one of the Nexa Dealers started this from day 1 itself.
As I had mentioned in the other thread, this was there from day 1 in some places.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 21:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think it's another great move by an incumbent to try and stay ahead of its competition.
Given the new trends showing increasing propensity of buyers to go for "premium" even at a hatchback entry point, this step by Maruti to cash in on this trend may fetch them more loyal customers.
Obviously like any other initiative, it remains to be seen whether they can actually pull it off. Am hoping they do.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 23:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Good move! So, NEXA completes the full circle - the cars, the sales and now service.

One of the reasons behind this branding exercise was the absolute reluctance by the big dealers of Maruti to upgrade the facilities within each city - both sales and service infrastructure. The dealers were only interested in the bottom line relying on MSIL' mighty marketing and sales machine to do its job.

Give it a few more years, and we will forget the baggage associated with the brand. NEXA will easily push cars worth 20 lakhs and no one will ask that old silly question. "Paid so much for a Maruti?"

And why not? MSIL is really improving the portfolio and cars are becoming ever more formidable with each launch.
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 06:45   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And why not? MSIL is really improving the portfolio and cars are becoming ever more formidable with each launch.
I know what you're saying, but I have a slightly different opinion. Yes Maruti is popular more than ever, if the highly-hyper-ultra-overpriced Ignis can sell in multiple thousands.. then they are capable of marketing just about anything at double the premium. Yes only because they are Maruti.

However in the days when they were not over-hyped, they had a more formidable line-up. SX4 as I heard was well built, practical (large windows, good headroom) and well balanced to drive, Kizashi came at a time when there were no cars of a similar class.. again practical, spacious, well built. The older WagonR's were much, much better built than the ones sold today (I inspected, a neighbour traded the old for new, he himself hates the new one), Ignis IMHO is a WagonR priced at 2 times the premium. The Baleno and Brezza don't cut it in terms of build.. not even close.

Maruti needs to work on build quality, I'm sure it has nothing to do with safety (either in terms of better or worse) but if they want to focus on NEXA so damn much then they better step up the game in terms of vehicular quality several dozens leagues more than they are at today. Even BMW doesn't boast of such facilities like live streaming of service etc lol, frankly its not needed.

Again whenever I type something of constructive criticism against Maruti I find myself at the receiving end of its loyal fans.. as a former Maruti owner myself I have nothing against it.. the old 800 was well built, the current Alto 800 is NOT. Why not improve where it truly matters?

Last edited by dark.knight : 28th July 2017 at 06:47.
dark.knight is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 07:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Maruti needs to work on build quality, I'm sure it has nothing to do with safety (either in terms of better or worse) but if they want to focus on NEXA so damn much then they better step up the game in terms of vehicular quality several dozens leagues more than they are at today.
Yeah, that's a very fair point. The build quality is still lacking in cars like the new Dzire or Baleno. Again, this is not at the cost of crash-worthiness like before. The cars will be safe, but an enthusiast is still some time away from picking most cars from the NEXA stable for build quality. What MSIL has mastered is the art of fit and finish. And the interior is a very good place to be in.

So, will that also be conquered given time? Or will they keep walking that fine line? To be honest, we will have to wait and watch. The cars are getting really bigger (can't help, everyone is feeling claustrophobic and asking for more room each year), and loaded (Maruti is the new Hyundai there).

But there isn't much happening on the engine side. It's still the age old motors doing the duty without much innovation. So, in the interest of F.E. and performance, which is paramount for MSIL, we might see cars from both Maruti and NEXA walking that fine line. The MJD won't mind the extra load, but then you cannot make two copies of a car based on its engine.

I wish the Boosterjet was more mainstream. Boosterjet coupled with a hybrid can really take that extra load! Let's see how it goes.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 07:40   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

A very good move from Maruti. I had the same question in my mind - Why do I need to pay so much for servicing a Maruti? I wasnt happy with my Swift's service bills and it was just a mediocre service.

The local Hyundai dealer here is all digital - You have the tab and they show realtime updates on screen in the customer lounge yet they disappoint you. It's just not going digital that matters the most, but the individual attention and the satisfaction that the customer get, that matters the most. I hope Maruti can click all the boxes and come out with an exceptional change that will eventually pave way for others to follow.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 08:08   #15
BHPian

Anything more than 5-7% premium will be unjustifiable, unless these cars are serviced exclusively at NEXA service and there is no option to take it to regular service centres. Parts and service for Maruti are already getting very expensive - by standards of their product range and buying decision influencers for their target audience. If serviced exclusively at NEXA, then they will charge more premium, I think. Charging more for servicing Ignis is stupidity. Charging more for D-segment offerings they might come up with is obvious and fine as well.

I get my S-Cross serviced at Competent in Gurgaon. Guy marked as Nexa Service Advisor is an old hand there. Doesn't know how to discuss car problems as he has dealt with people from nearby villages and cabbies all his life. I have no problem with communication skills as long as work gets done properly, which I can't comment on as only regular service done so far.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks