Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 19:34   #31
BHPian

re: Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If someone at M&M has an affection for this car's design & it is here to stay, they should start looking for large volume tie ups with OLA/UBER etc.
I have been seeing a few KUV with yellow boards here. But I would not buy it even of I was a fleet buyer. It's not cheap to buy, the fuel economy isn't as good as the Etios or Indica and maintenance costs should be higher.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 20:36   #32
BHPian

The front looks more aggressive and striking. The touchscreen addition is a big plus. According to Autocarindia the suspension travel has been enhanced for better rough road usability. The rear in my opinion looks good especially with those Audi like clear tail lamps. What is a big let down is the side profile. This product had so much potential especially as the diesel engine is really drive-able and with the short wheelbase and long travel suspension this could have been a hit in semi urban and rural areas but that frog like side profile is something very difficult to digest.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th October 2017 at 00:57.
needforspeed88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 21:16   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

The original KUV 100 (launched January 2016) as such is ugly to look at. Sometimes I wonder how buyers compromise with its ugly looks.

The refreshed version has come a bit too early, going by the five year cycle of refreshing done on most Mahindra models. Some retouch jobs are evident but the overall ugliness still shows. They have a new R & D centre near Chennai . And they now own a controlling stake in Pininfarina.

Just can't imagine such ugly looking vehicles or "SUV's" ( everything with a higher ground clearance and a bit of muscular looks qualifies as a SUV here in India, even if it has a 1200 cc mFalcon D75 or G80 engine ) coming out from M & M with its credentials.
Old 5th October 2017, 12:04   #34
BHPian

Let me talk something positive, what I liked about it. Tall seating position is a blessing among all hatchbacks (cannot accept it as SUV). The front three seating option reminds me of good old days. They carved out several storage spaces inside cabin such as the one under the carpet. The rear legroom was good considering that it competes hatchbacks.

When it comes to drawbacks, apart from aesthetic the duckling needs improvement in other areas too such as the things GTO pointed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What Mahindra needs to do is work on the KUV100's highway behaviour & steering calibration.
In addition to that, the boot space is too low. May be they could have increased the length of rear section. It would have increased boot space and also improved aesthetic because the inclination of rear muscle line over the wheel arch would have been less steeper. The wheel sizes are puny and desperately need larger rim if not thicker rubber.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 17:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

After being spotted at a dealership a couple of days ago, now a media report suggests that Mahindra might launch the KUV100 NXT on October 10, 2017.

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 7th October 2017, 13:11   #36
BHPian

It seems Mahindra still wants to make Dhinchak vehicles (pun highly intended)!! The design which was over the top now has more bling!! I really don't know how a urban buyer can come up with a decision to buy this vehicle after looking at these pics. The side profile is the most awkward that I have seen so far in an Indian vehicle. And this vehicle is not cheap either. So neither urban styling nor rural pricing. What is Mahindra up to completely baffles me!!
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 20:54   #37
BHPian

The ugliest car ever made!..Enough said.

The side profile reminds me of a bird, perhaps a Quail. The car name might have been inspired from its mating call sound just like how the TUV300 was inspired by a tank.

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2017 at 12:29. Reason: Poorly typed post
tomraven99 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th October 2017, 21:14   #38
BHPian

Mahindra is known only to give quirkier designs for their cars. One either likes the quirky design of the products of M&M or just hates it. There's no other way around and I guess M&M is happy with these designs. Wish designers back at M&M add a bit of subtleness to their designs like what TML is doing to its entire range of cars.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 07:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Source: IndianAutosBlog - Mahindra KUV100 NXT revealed, spotted at a dealership

2018 Mahindra KUV1OO Facelift
Fully Revealed.

Spotted at a Dealership
I guess I'm the Wild Card here.

I think it looks great. They've managed to tone down the design and bring it on par with current trends as well as they could have, without making expensive changes to sheet metal. My guess is that Mahindra's new acquisition Bertone had a hand in this overhaul.

The new grille and bumpers manage to avert attention from the awkward proportions. The new wheels manage to complement the look nicely as well. The previous alloy design didn't exactly go with the overdone styling. It was just too tame.

The touchscreen HU is a welcome change indeed. Hope they have done something about the sound quality as well.
The thing I liked about the KUV was it's ability to ruffle feathers and raise eyebrows wherever it went. There's not a single mundane thing about this design. The only real letdown for me was Mahindra's failure to come up with refined and efficient powerplants. Hopefully, this second coming will address that issue as well. I hope the change to 15 inch wheels will trickle down to all the variants. Probably not.

I hope they will consider making a slightly longer version with bigger tyres and wheel arches, an actual mini SUV. It's always the huge tyres that really make or break an SUV, IMO.

vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:32   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I guess I'm the Wild Card here.
I think it looks great. They've managed to tone down the design and bring it on par with current trends as well as they could have, without making expensive changes to sheet metal. My guess is that Mahindra's new acquisition Bertone had a hand in this overhaul.

The new grille and bumpers manage to avert attention from the awkward proportions. The new wheels manage to complement the look nicely as well. The previous alloy design didn't exactly go with the overdone styling. It was just too tame.
The touchscreen HU is a welcome change indeed. Hope they have done something about the sound quality as well.
The thing I liked about the KUV was it's ability to ruffle feathers and raise eyebrows wherever it went. There's not a single mundane thing about this design. The only real letdown for me was Mahindra's failure to come up with refined and efficient powerplants. Hopefully, this second coming will address that issue as well. I hope the change to 15 inch wheels will trickle down to all the variants. Probably not.
I hope they will consider making a slightly longer version with bigger tyres and wheel arches, an actual mini SUV. It's always the huge tyres that really make or break an SUV, IMO.
I had no idea M&M acquired Stile Bertone - Nuccio Bertone passed away in 1997 and thereafter the company had its share of ups & downs. M&M acquired the design house Pininfarina recently when that too was in dire straits! I guess it would be a coup of sorts if M&M has indeed acquired Bertone!
Old 10th October 2017, 11:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra KUV 1OO NXT launched.

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-dlwalkyuqaachqd.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th October 2017 at 12:01.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 13:16   #42
BHPian

Just saw the launch video, could gather few points:

- This facelift was planned even before original launch. Dr Pawan Goenka mentioned that in this fast changing market it is necessary to plan mid-cycle updates beforehand and that will come irrespective of the volumes a product generates, be it super success or a sales disaster. Good approach IMO.

- AMT will be offered in both petrol and diesel versions in next 6-8 months.

- Fuel efficiency remains same.

- Rs 90 Cr is the investment made in this facelift.

- An all electric KUV is planned for launch in next 12-15 months

Edit:
On the price front they are drawing comparison with Brezza and Nexon

Old 11th October 2017, 10:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra KUV100 NXT launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh

Mahindra has launched the KUV100 NXT with prices starting at Rs. 4.39 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new model is available in five variants - K2, K2+, K4+, K6+ and K8 in either 5 or 6 seat configurations.

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-kuv100nxt.jpg

The KUV100 NXT gets updated styling and a dual-tone color scheme with a black roof and integrated roof rails, blacked out A-pillars and ORVM housings. It is 25 mm longer and 20 mm wider than the earlier model. It measures 3,700 mm in length, 1,735 mm in width, 1,655 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,385 mm. Ground clearance is 170 mm and it has fuel tank capacity of 35 litres. Boot space remains unchanged at 243 litres which can be expanded to 473 litres by folding the rear seats.

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-kuv100-nxt-01.jpg

It gets a new front grille with chrome inserts, dual-tone front and rear bumpers with integrated fog lamps with black surrounds and scuff plates. It now comes with smoked twin-pod headlights with LED DRLs that blend into the black trim around the front fender. The squared-off wheel arches get a larger cladding that house the new 15-inch diamond cut alloy wheels. ORVMs get integrated turn signals while at the rear the KUV100 NXT gets clear lens tail lights and a reworked spoiler.

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-kuv100-nxt-02.jpg

The interior of the new model is finished in black with piano black inserts on the dashboard and door panels. Silver trim surrounds the instrument cluster and centre console which houses a redesigned climate control module. Additionally, there is a silver trim on the steering wheel as well. Seats come wrapped in a new design fabric and gets improved bolstering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KUV100 NXT 02.jpg
Views:	3129
Size:	445.1 KB
ID:	1684310

Other features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with USB connectivity, audio, video and image playback, GPS navigation, electronic temperature control panel, electrically foldable ORVMs, electric opening tail gate, rear parking sensors, driver information system with voice alerts, remote boot release and a gear shift indicator. Except for the base K2 variant, ABS and dual airbags are standard on all variants.

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-kuv100-nxt-03.jpg

The KUV100 NXT is available with a choice of a petrol or diesel engines. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine produces 82 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 115 Nm @ 3,500-3,600 rpm. The diesel engine is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder unit that makes 77 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 190 Nm @ 1,750-2,250 rpm. Both engines are available with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Mahindra has used new engine mounts that are claimed to reduce vibrations.

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-manaliriverbig-1.jpg

The new KUV100 NXT is available in eight colour options - Fiery Orange, Flamboyant Red, Pearl White, Dazzling Silver, Designer Grey, Midnight Black. Dual Tone options include Flamboyant Red with Metallic Black and Dazzling Silver with Metallic Black.

Variant-wise prices of the new KUV100 NXT are:

Petrol

K2 6 Str - Rs. 4.39 lakh

K2+ 6 Str - Rs. 4.82 lakh

K4+ 5 Str - Rs. 5.22 lakh

K4+ 6 Str - Rs. 5.28 lakh

K6+ 5 Str - Rs. 6.00 lakh

K6+ 6 Str - Rs. 6.00 lakh

K8 5 Str - Rs. 6.37 lakh

K8 6 Str - Rs. 6.44 lakh

K8 6 Str Dual Tone - Rs. 6.51 lakh

Diesel

K2 6 Str - Rs. 5.39 lakh

K2+ 6 Str - Rs. 5.67 lakh

K4+ 5 Str - Rs. 6.07 lakh

K4+ 6 Str - Rs. 6.14 lakh

K6+ 5 Str - Rs. 6.92 lakh

K6+ 6 Str - Rs. 6.99 lakh

K8 5 Str - Rs. 7.29 lakh

K8 6 Str - Rs. 7.35 lakh

K8 6 Str Dual Tone - Rs. 7.43 lakh

Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-valleybig-1.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-forestbig-1.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-roadbig.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-galleryimg03big.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-galleryimg04big.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-seat6big.jpg
Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh-infotainmentbig.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 11:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra KUV100 NXT launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh

The Red kink in the rear C pillar appears to have been copied from the Captur.
With this update, Mahindra surely had a chance to tone down the weird looks (especially from the back), but it has chosen to play with plastics and colours only.
Old 11th October 2017, 13:19   #45
BANNED

Re: Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
I have been seeing a few KUV with yellow boards here. But I would not buy it even of I was a fleet buyer. It's not cheap to buy, the fuel economy isn't as good as the Etios or Indica and maintenance costs should be higher.
In the interests of prospective customers, I think it would be better to give comparable figures re. the parameters quoted for the three models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks