Team-BHP - The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/189117-ford-figo-aspire-facelifts-edit-aspire-launched-rs-5-55-lakhs-4.html)

New 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift spotted at a Dealer Yard.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img_20180505_173750.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img_20180505_173752.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img_20180505_173749.jpg

The variant seen here is Titanium

Few things I can spot are

Source

adding the missing front side pic to the previous post

Happy that they do not have the chocolate brown interiors.

Anyone know if an all black interior is available in the facelift? Did the old Figo have all black interior?

Wierd placement of Push start button.

Are those headlights smoked?

Curious why such yet-to-be-launched + camouflaged vehicles are found parked in a dealer stockyard. Haven't come across this earlier.

Were they still being tested in some way looking at the codes pasted on the windscreen?

Will the Figo facelift get AT? If yes then I'll hold my plans of booking the Baleno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselritzer (Post 4396117)
Will the Figo facelift get AT? If yes then I'll hold my plans of booking the Baleno.

Yes it does. It will most probably come with the same torque converter unit offered in the Ecosport AT mated to a bigger 1.5 Litre 3 cyl dragon petrol engine.

Figo ASPIRE spied, launching in late 2018,

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-untitled.png

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer (Post 4396122)
Yes it does. It will most probably come with the same torque converter unit offered in the Ecosport AT mated to a bigger 1.5 Litre 3 cyl dragon petrol engine.

The bigger dragon with the TC unit sounds good. Wonder how the 1.5L dragon would've performed with the DCT?

While 1.5 mill would be good from an enthusiast perspective, the mass market would love if Ford offers AT with 1.2 Dragon. For one you would get better economy and secondly will help keep the cost lower as the 1.2 will get tax benefits.

The rear looks a bit longer than the current Aspire or may be the angle of the picture.

The changes in the rear does make it look better from the stubby rear of the current one as well.

With the longer nose, it should get rid of that compact sedan look too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4400090)
The rear looks a bit longer than the current Aspire or may be the angle of the picture.

The changes in the rear does make it look better from the stubby rear of the current one as well.

With the longer nose, it should get rid of that compact sedan look too.

Not sure if it is, but they should really consider getting in the full sized Brazilian Ka sedan - if they really want to launch the updated sedan. To be really honest, due to the dynamics of the compact sedan market, I really don't see the Aspire taking on the Dzire, Xcent & Amaze successfully - not with the current platform, maybe not even with a new one. With the full sized one, they might have an outside chance due to the fact that there is a small little niche for an affordable sedan between CS sedans & the C-segment sedans, it might just be able to take on the Etios & lower spec models of the C-segment. It might also help them with economies of scale if they're making just one sized sedan on the platform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijitkanrar (Post 4400033)
The bigger dragon with the TC unit sounds good.

Are there any guesses if the paddle shifters would make its way into the Figo twins as well to compete with the likes of the new Amaze CVT??

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4400039)
While 1.5 mill would be good from an enthusiast perspective, the mass market would love if Ford offers AT with 1.2 Dragon. For one you would get better economy and secondly will help keep the cost lower as the 1.2 will get tax benefits.

AFAIK, the AT on 1.2 mill is a far cry, as my guess is that Ford might not invest much R&D on a slush box that’s majorly for the domestic market.

Cheers,
Vijay

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rationalist (Post 4378512)
As a current owner of Ford Aspire, I can very well say the fate of Figo twins is sealed, whatever Ford does. The twins don't offer anything that will make prospective customers to even try a test drive. Maruti has hit it out of the park with Dzire and Swift. Ford should have stuck to their DNA of good build quality and handling, instead of trying to imitate Maruti.

With their foolishness, Ford lost their loyal customers of previous Figo and Fiesta. Now Ford is left in the lurch. I hope sense prevails and they bring in a proper Sedan and a premium hatch to fight the City, CIaz, Verna, gang and i20, Baleno. There is still space for that. Even though the SUV craze is there, the fact remains that Sedan and premium hatchbacks still generate close to half a million sales a year. There isn't any problem that a well sorted out product can't solve.

For people like me there is no place to look to upgrade. other than to look at the usual suspects. Looks like our decade old love hate relationship with Ford have to end. Even with the below average customer service, Ford cars were better when it comes to handling and steering feel.

Absolutely. Being an old Figo owner myself, I am not finding a good car that matches the handling and steering feedback of my Figo forget the body strength. I am looking for cars under 12 lakh budget and I don't like any of the cars I test drove. Freestyle was better though.

If they don't hit it right this time with the facelifts then we are going to witness the pocket rocket hatch going the global fiesta way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardoop (Post 4400503)
Absolutely. Being an old Figo owner myself, I am not finding a good car that matches the handling and steering feedback of my Figo forget the body strength. I am looking for cars under 12 lakh budget and I don't like any of the cars I test drove.

Well, I request you to test drive Nexon Diesel. I’m so impressed with the whole thing. I would have bought it had it not been for the loss I would incur if I sell Aspire so early ( besides I’m leaving job to take up studies at the age of 40! )

A brilliant package in its manual avatar, will wait for a AMT test drive. I felt I was driving a Ford car, and trust me I have tested all most all cars upto 15 lakh bracket. Nothing comes close to Nexon when it comes to handling and steering feedback, its the closest Ford loyalists can get at present.

Spotted with mild camouflage at Ahmedabad by the AutoTech India team.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-3.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-1.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-5.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-2.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-4.jpg