Team-BHP - The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/189117-ford-figo-aspire-facelifts-edit-aspire-launched-rs-5-55-lakhs-6.html)

It will be interesting to see if Ford gets in an automatic diesel on the Aspire given that Honda Amaze and Suzuki Dzire provide it in the same segment. Could be a winner if they plonk a CVT or torque converter on the 1.5L TDCi.
Or maybe they will wait till 2020 when they have a chance to launch the Ecoblue diesel engine in India

INDIA-BOUND FACELIFTED FORD FIGO LAUNCHED IN BRAZIL.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/i...hed-in-brazil/

For some reason I think the new Aspire is going to be a DOA product. I mean looking at the updates that have come in the CS market, the new Dzire and especially the Amaze facelift I doubt if Aspire will have something/anything to differentiate it from others. It just cannot survive on that diesel engine only. I think Ford is going to play the VFM tag heavily with the face lifted twins. I see little else in their arsenal. The interiors could have done the trick but looking the spy pics it seems Ford is not interested. Now Fords interiors will rank where the last pre-facelifted Amaze's used to fall.

2018 Ford Aspire face-lift – Launching on 4th October.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-figoaspire2018.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-figoaspire2018interiorspy.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-fordaspire2018rearspy.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-fordaspirespy2.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKTRACK (Post 4446056)
For some reason I think the new Aspire is going to be a DOA product.

Based on whatever is revealed till now - looks to be too little, too late.

However, pricing might just be their trumpcard. Remember the Freestyle pricing as much more competitive than everyone expect, so I expect the facelifts to come in cheaper than earlier as well.

Unless the 1.2 Dragon is paired with a TC autobox for a compelling price, this car has nothing not already available in the market from popular brands.

Rumour: Ford Aspire facelift launch on October 4, 2018

According to a media report, Ford is likely to launch the updated Aspire on October 4, 2018.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-ford_figo_sedan_223.jpg

Spy images suggest that the new Aspire could get a revised front grille with a silver frame and honeycomb mesh design. The front bumper has also been redesigned and features a wide air dam flanked by circular fog lamps. The headlamp clusters also appear to have been restyled. Although the rear looks similar to the outgoing model, it could feature a restyled bumper among other minor modifications. Also, Ford is likely to offer new design multi-spoke alloy wheels on the updated model. The interiors are expected to be updated with a new centre console featuring a floating touchscreen infotainment system.

Ford is yet to confirm the engines that will be offered on the new Aspire. However, the car is expected to get the new 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine in addition to the 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit. Transmission options might include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.

Source: NDTV

Link to Team-BHP News

I'm sure that Ford will try to play the value game here, seriously undercutting the established rivals. Just as they had pleasantly shocked with the Freestyle pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4456200)
2018 Ford Aspire face-lift – Launching on 4th October....

If those are production-ready cars, there won't be a top-spec petrol auto this time too. The non-Sync head-unit and fabric seats are the giveaway, appears to be a Titanium variant.

So no auto if one wants the top spec 6-airbag model? Come on Ford, your product is already on life support. Give it a shot up the arm or put it out of its misery.

Ford Aspire facelift leaked ahead of launch

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire3.jpeg

Uncamouflaged images of the Ford Aspire facelift have leaked online. The new images reveal details of the Titanium variant.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire5.jpeg

The spy images indicate that the Aspire facelift will get a new chrome grille flanked by revised headlamp clusters. The front bumper has been redesigned and features a wide air dam with fog lamp pods with C-shaped silver trim. At the rear, the car gets a redesigned bumper and chrome garnish on the boot lid while the tail lamp clusters look similar to the outgoing model. It also gets a reverse parking camera on top of the number plate housing. The facelift version comes with a set of new multi-spoke alloy wheels.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire4.jpeg

The Aspire facelift gets dual-tone interiors finished in beige and black with gloss black trim. The dashboard has been updated with a new centre console, which houses a floating touchscreen infotainment system. The car comes with a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel and a 3-pod instrument cluster.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire2.jpeg

Ford is likely to offer the new Aspire with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine. Additionally, a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit will also be on offer. Transmission options might include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.

The Ford Aspire facelift is rumoured to be launched on October 4, 2018.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire1.jpeg
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire7.jpeg
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire9.jpeg
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire6.jpeg
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-aspire8.jpeg

Link to Team-BHP News

The multimedia unit / SYNC looks oddly placed. In EcoSport it is still alright.

I hope Ford has revisited the build quality and brought it back to the legacy Ford DNA this time. I see no reason why Ford should compete with Maruti & Honda for poor build quality of their products (in B & C segments). Aspire (previous generation) was the first product that I felt was made to cost.

I spent some time in the Freestyle a week back. The screen placement is something which I didn't like. I'd have loved it to be a little tilted towards the driver or a little backwards. At my position, I had to shift to the left a bit to see the full screen - definite ergonomic issue while driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4456782)
If those are production-ready cars, there won't be a top-spec petrol auto this time too. The non-Sync head-unit and fabric seats are the giveaway, appears to be a Titanium variant.

So no auto if one wants the top spec 6-airbag model? Come on Ford, your product is already on life support. Give it a shot up the arm or put it out of its misery.

Could not agree more, where's the 'Double Upvote and Heck Yeah' button when you need one? :)

It was jarring to see the Figo/Aspire AT launch in 2015 only in the Titanium variant instead of the top spec, and to see the same most likely carried forward is... disappointing/frustrating.

Ford is game to fiddle every few months with what features constitute different variants and love deleting features (and occasionally introducing some), but can't just create two variants for the automatics in this segment - a Trend and a Titanium+. Mid-variant automatic (for those on a budget) and top-spec automatic (for those who want it all).

Now let me go back to silently wishing that its the 1.5 Dragon powering the automatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 4457265)
I hope Ford has revisited the build quality and brought it back to the legacy Ford DNA this time. I see no reason why Ford should compete with Maruti & Honda for poor build quality of their products (in B & C segments). Aspire (previous generation) was the first product that I felt was made to cost.

I must say that it was still much better than the competition. I have a 8 month old Aspire driven in Delhi traffic. It handles the abuse much better than the others.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-inkedaspire3_li.jpg
Are these DRLs?

Just trying to see how much the front-end has changed.
Considering the cut-throat competition at this segment, DRLs etc has become standard features. Wonder whether Ford decided to add them.