Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 23:06   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
So what is its name?

Ford New Aspire? New Aspire Ford?

Or did the graphics guys miss the memo that it's the New Ford Aspire?

Attachment 1801923
They just used the same PSD file from the original launch. Changed the background photo and replaced FIGO with NEW.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 19:30   #137
BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

With the new Aspire almost here, I am getting more confused on what to pick to replace my Wagon R, I particularly like the Freestyle and the Aspire, the Wagon R is CNG vehicle for city duties, but I really miss the unavailability of the boot space.

Please note I am more inclined towards Diesel Manual Titanium Plus models in both the cars.

Things liked about Freestyle:
1. Attractive pricing.
2. TCS, HLA, ARP, ESP even in manual. (Gives a bit of additional confidence to drive spiritedly when you have so many safety functions working to keep you on track).
3. Raised ground clearance and the rugged elements.
4. A bit stiffer suspension which somewhat links to the Figo and Aspire S models.

Things not so liked about Freestyle:
1. Only 257 liters of boot space, I don't know if that will be enough for someone who is replacing a car with literally zero boot space.

Things liked about the New Aspire:
1. All the missing features updated to make it on par with the Freestyle.
2. Big accommodating Boot, 359 Litres, although not with par with the competition, yes it should be enough.
3. Looks good in my opinion, at least a sedan or compact sedan is well seen than a hatchback.

Things not so liked about the New Aspire:
1. No TCS, HLA, ARP, ESP except for some features in automatic.
2. Pricier than freestyle.

Moderators: I was not able to relate this post anywhere else, and starting a new thread did not seem to be justified, and it was somewhere related to the new Aspire hence posting here.
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 23:16   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Paradkar View Post
With the new Aspire almost here, I am getting more confused on what to pick to replace my Wagon R, I particularly like the Freestyle and the Aspire, the Wagon R is CNG vehicle for city duties, but I really miss the unavailability of the boot space.

I guess you need to decide on just 2 things. What's more important for you : Boot space or ground clearance? Apart from that both are similar cars.
If you want both then stretch a little and go for the Ecosport. It will give you both and a much better build quality as well.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 10:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I guess you need to decide on just 2 things. What's more important for you : Boot space or ground clearance? Apart from that both are similar cars.
If you want both then stretch a little and go for the Ecosport. It will give you both and a much better build quality as well.
Well that's an interesting solution I must say!, but the Ecosport is going high on budget and I don't think it will be that much of a blast to drive like Aspire or Freestyle, they say the 0-100 timing of Aspire will go up to 11 seconds from 9.72 seconds, while freestyle is already at some 11 seconds or so, also the Ecosport is 13 seconds.

The engine tune for Aspire and Freestyle is 100PS and 215NM torque with light weight, while for the Ecosport with 100PS and 205NM with an increase in weight, don't know how the equation builds up in real world conditions.

Also I will be installing DieselTRONIC tunebox so this is also to be considered.
Old 29th September 2018, 23:46   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Well that's an interesting solution I must say!, but the Ecosport is going high on budget and I don't think it will be that much of a blast to drive like Aspire or Freestyle, they say the 0-100 timing of Aspire will go up to 11 seconds from 9.72 seconds, while freestyle is already at some 11 seconds or so, also the Ecosport is 13 seconds.
Well don't get me wrong but the Figo twins are faster because of 2 reasons :
1) Extra 10 NM of torque
2) Major reason : Light built quality which keeps the weight in check - something Maruti does.

Whereas the Ecosport is a well built vehicle like a ford should, in fact much better than the Figo based cars. So yes the Figo twins would feel faster but the same diesel engine in the ES is no slouch. It's very linear and pulls well.

Having said all this, the top variants of Aspire/Freestyle with 6 airbags are worth considering.

Point being - Don't detest the ES just in the basis of power. It is a FTD compact SUV in its own right.

Quote:
Also I will be installing DieselTRONIC tunebox so this is also to be considered.
Put the same on ES and all your performance apprehensions would be put to rest!

If it all boils down to Aspire and Freestyle, then go for the Aspire if boot is important. The GC isn't low per se.
On the other hand if GC is of prime importance and you need it on a daily/frequent basis then consider the Freestyle. The boot is average but should be able to carry luggage for a weekend trip.

If I were you I would have gone with the ES trend+ diesel variant. It's Ford India's most successful car after the 1st gen figo.

Last edited by Waspune : 29th September 2018 at 23:53.
Old 30th September 2018, 05:31   #141
BHPian

Quote:

Please note I am more inclined towards Diesel Manual Titanium Plus models in both the cars.

Things liked about Freestyle:
1. Attractive pricing.
2. TCS, HLA, ARP, ESP even in manual. (Gives a bit of additional confidence to drive spiritedly when you have so many safety functions working to keep you on track).
3. Raised ground clearance and the rugged elements.
4. A bit stiffer suspension which somewhat links to the Figo and Aspire S models.

Things not so liked about Freestyle:
1. Only 257 liters of boot space, I don't know if that will be enough for someone who is replacing a car with literally zero boot space.

Things liked about the New Aspire:
1. All the missing features updated to make it on par with the Freestyle.
2. Big accommodating Boot, 359 Litres, although not with par with the competition, yes it should be enough.
3. Looks good in my opinion, at least a sedan or compact sedan is well seen than a hatchback.

Things not so liked about the New Aspire:
1. No TCS, HLA, ARP, ESP except for some features in automatic.
2. Pricier than freestyle.

Moderators: I was not able to relate this post anywhere else, and starting a new thread did not seem to be justified, and it was somewhere related to the new Aspire hence posting here.
I had heard that Aspire facelift Titanium+ comes with TCS, ESP and Hill launch assist sir. Are you sure that these are not available in New Aspire?
Arwin07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 11:22   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Aspire Trip To rival Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour - but will this work?

Quote:
It will likely be based on the entry-level Ambiente variant and could be stripped to bare minimum on the inside for an aggressive price range.
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-fordaspiretrip.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 12:23   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
I had heard that Aspire facelift Titanium+ comes with TCS, ESP and Hill launch assist sir. Are you sure that these are not available in New Aspire?
Yes it will only come in petrol automatic Titanium model, that too TCS and ESP, but HLA is supposingly left out only for Freestyle, will not make it to Aspire automatic.

This is what is said according to sources, facts will be reveal by 4th October, let's hope for pleasant surprises from Ford

Quote:
Well don't get me wrong but the Figo twins are faster because of 2 reasons :
1) Extra 10 NM of torque
2) Major reason : Light built quality which keeps the weight in check - something Maruti does.

Whereas the Ecosport is a well built vehicle like a ford should, in fact much better than the Figo based cars. So yes the Figo twins would feel faster but the same diesel engine in the ES is no slouch. It's very linear and pulls well.

Having said all this, the top variants of Aspire/Freestyle with 6 airbags are worth considering.

Point being - Don't detest the ES just in the basis of power. It is a FTD compact SUV in its own right.

Put the same on ES and all your performance apprehensions would be put to rest!

If it all boils down to Aspire and Freestyle, then go for the Aspire if boot is important. The GC isn't low per se.
On the other hand if GC is of prime importance and you need it on a daily/frequent basis then consider the Freestyle. The boot is average but should be able to carry luggage for a weekend trip.

If I were you I would have gone with the ES trend+ diesel variant. It's Ford India's most successful car after the 1st gen figo.
Thanks for the advice Waspune, actually I am considering the Titanium Plus variants only of either Aspire or Freestyle for 6 airbags, maximum investment I am considering is 10 lakhs 50k +/- on road price, I felt the presence of all features and 6 airbags in Aspire and Freestyle make it feel a worth deal than Ecosport Trend Plus. Also I already have a full sized SUV the Ford Endeavour for that SUV game, I need something more manageable in size for city duties. Hence speculating Aspire vs Freestyle, just wanted to know your views on the use of Freestyle features like TCS, ESP, ARP, HLA with small boot vs the Aspire large boot but with the absence of those features. I am having a hard time finding a solution to it.

Last edited by bblost : 30th September 2018 at 13:33. Reason: back to back
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 14:10   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it will only come in petrol automatic Titanium model, that too TCS and ESP, but HLA is supposingly left out only for Freestyle, will not make it to Aspire automatic.

This is what is said according to sources, facts will be reveal by 4th October, let's hope for pleasant surprises from Ford

Thanks for the advice Waspune, actually I am considering the Titanium Plus variants only of either Aspire or Freestyle for 6 airbags, maximum investment I am considering is 10 lakhs 50k +/- on road price, I felt the presence of all features and 6 airbags in Aspire and Freestyle make it feel a worth deal than Ecosport Trend Plus. Also I already have a full sized SUV the Ford Endeavour for that SUV game, I need something more manageable in size for city duties. Hence speculating Aspire vs Freestyle, just wanted to know your views on the use of Freestyle features like TCS, ESP, ARP, HLA with small boot vs the Aspire large boot but with the absence of those features. I am having a hard time finding a solution to it.
I am facing the same dilemma, sir. This will be my first car. I'm having a tough time deciding between Diesel Titanium+ Freestyle and new Aspire.
TCS, ESC vs boot space of Sedan. GC is not a factor for me as I am satisfied with Aspire's GC.
If Aspire manual Titanium+ has TCS& ESC, it will make the decision easy for me. Otherwise there will be a tough decision to make and a compromise to make. Eagerly waiting for October 4th.
Arwin07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 14:31   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford Aspire Trip To rival Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour - but will this work?

Attachment 1803213

Link
This is not new. It is available since last year. Have seen brochures and banners at Bhagat Ford, Ludhiana.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 14:44   #146
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying your position.

If it's for primarily city duties then I would go with the Freestyle. Traction control would help a good deal during enthusiastic driving. I for one am not in favor of compact sedans (under 4m) in general!
Also do you really need big boot for city duties?
Old 30th September 2018, 15:48   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
I am facing the same dilemma, sir. This will be my first car. I'm having a tough time deciding between Diesel Titanium+ Freestyle and new Aspire.
TCS, ESC vs boot space of Sedan. GC is not a factor for me as I am satisfied with Aspire's GC.
If Aspire manual Titanium+ has TCS& ESC, it will make the decision easy for me. Otherwise there will be a tough decision to make and a compromise to make. Eagerly waiting for October 4th.
Yes true, as this would be your first car I would suggest you to go for Aspire as it would be having a big accommodating boot, although not TCS, ESC HLA and ARP, it has ABS, EBD with EBA, it should suffice, again considering this would be your first car with your intrests in road safety, you would be expected to drive linearly, and provided you're 28 years old, you would be married too, so family and newly added family deserves a car with extra space for their extra luggage. While the Freestyle would be my second car, Endeavour useful for big boot needs, Freestyle should suit me better. Although I am planning to make this second car a fun car to throw around corners and drive a bit more enthusiastically, I also plan to use as a daily driver.

P. S. - Your Bio says you already own a Ford Aspire Diesel Titanium Plus, and here you're asking for an advice to buy your first car, what's the thing?

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying your position.

If it's for primarily city duties then I would go with the Freestyle. Traction control would help a good deal during enthusiastic driving. I for one am not in favor of compact sedans (under 4m) in general!
Also do you really need big boot for city duties?
Yes, I am also tilted more towards Freestyle and the fact that recent minor update has given it the missing adjustable rear headrests make it worthy. Any specific reason for not in favour of compact sedans? I have rethinked my needs to find that Freestyle's boot should be more than enough, as till now I was managing city duties on Wagon R CNG, practically no boot!!!
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 20:06   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Yes true, as this would be your first car I would suggest you to go for Aspire as it would be having a big accommodating boot, although not TCS, ESC HLA and ARP, it has ABS, EBD with EBA, it should suffice, again considering this would be your first car with your intrests in road safety, you would be expected to drive linearly, and provided you're 28 years old, you would be married too, so family and newly added family deserves a car with extra space for their extra luggage. While the Freestyle would be my second car, Endeavour useful for big boot needs, Freestyle should suit me better. Although I am planning to make this second car a fun car to throw around corners and drive a bit more enthusiastically, I also plan to use as a daily driver.

P. S. - Your Bio says you already own a Ford Aspire Diesel Titanium Plus, and here you're asking for an advice to buy your first car, what's the thing?

Thanks for pointing it out.
When I joined the forum, I was about to own an Aspire and when I came to know facelift is due soon, I cancelled.
But I forgot about bio until you pointed it now. I don't own a car and I am about to get my first car once I come to know about the updates in Aspire facelift.
Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sorry. I will edit.
Old 1st October 2018, 10:14   #149
BHPian

Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing

Quote:

Yes, I am also tilted more towards Freestyle and the fact that recent minor update has given it the missing adjustable rear headrests make it worthy. Any specific reason for not in favour of compact sedans? I have rethinked my needs to find that Freestyle's boot should be more than enough, as till now I was managing city duties on Wagon R CNG, practically no boot!!!

Well I always see the compact sedans as a compromise. Yes they are more practical, maybe because of the extra boot but on the whole look a little odd and don't seem to handle as well as their hatch-cousin.
Case in point : Ameo viz Polo, Dzire viz Swift. Haven't driven the Aspire though.

Last edited by Waspune : 1st October 2018 at 10:16.
Old 1st October 2018, 17:55   #150
Senior - BHPian

Pics: Ford Aspire Facelift Automatic

Thanks to Shashwat Tandan for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Spy images of the Ford Aspire facelift have already leaked online. Now, some additional details of the automatic variant have come in.

Edit: According to the information received, the automatic variant will not be available on the top end variant equipped with the Sync 3 infotainment system. Instead, it will come only in the Titanium trim equipped with 2 airbags and a larger touchscreen unit. The car also gets a greyish colour front grille and two (up/down) shift buttons on the gear lever. The car in the pictures had 15-inch wheels shod with fatter 195/55 profile Apollo tyres.

Ford is likely to offer the new Aspire with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox, while a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder petrol unit could be offered with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. A 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine will be available with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-dsc_6628-copy.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-dsc_6627-copy.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-dsc_6624-copy.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-dsc_6623-copy.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st October 2018 at 21:12. Reason: As per request
blackwasp is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed