Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2018, 15:04   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Now where does this put Figo? 4.89 or 4.99 lacs? Or is Ford planning to shelve Figo forever. Unless Figo is available at a price of 4.89 or less, no one would buy one and probably go for Freestyle.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 15:11   #182
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Ford New Aspire brochure.

Just one new colour - white gold that replaces the "Donald Trump Orange" and no new accessories.

New_Aspire_Brochure.pdf

Last edited by samaspire : 4th October 2018 at 15:15.
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 15:13   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Paradkar View Post
With the new Aspire almost here, I am getting more confused on what to pick to replace my Wagon R, I particularly like the Freestyle and the Aspire, the Wagon R is CNG vehicle for city duties, but I really miss the unavailability of the boot space.

Please note I am more inclined towards Diesel Manual Titanium Plus models in both the cars.

Things liked about Freestyle:
1. Attractive pricing.
2. TCS, HLA, ARP, ESP even in manual. (Gives a bit of additional confidence to drive spiritedly when you have so many safety functions working to keep you on track).
3. Raised ground clearance and the rugged elements.
4. A bit stiffer suspension which somewhat links to the Figo and Aspire S models.

Things not so liked about Freestyle:
1. Only 257 liters of boot space, I don't know if that will be enough for someone who is replacing a car with literally zero boot space.

Things liked about the New Aspire:
1. All the missing features updated to make it on par with the Freestyle.
2. Big accommodating Boot, 359 Litres, although not with par with the competition, yes it should be enough.
3. Looks good in my opinion, at least a sedan or compact sedan is well seen than a hatchback.

Things not so liked about the New Aspire:
1. No TCS, HLA, ARP, ESP except for some features in automatic.
2. Pricier than freestyle.

Moderators: I was not able to relate this post anywhere else, and starting a new thread did not seem to be justified, and it was somewhere related to the new Aspire hence posting here.
This discussion stands valid after the launch of new Aspire.

After the launch, except to those who want that 100 litres of extra boot space, Freestyle is a better offer overall.

I want the extra boot space of Aspire+ ESC/TCS of Freestyle but can't buy EcoSport due to budget restraints.

Can any experienced members help me decide whether to buy Aspire or Freestyle?
Thanks to the valuable advice of Mr. waspune.
Extra boot space (Aspire) Vs ESC+ TCS (Freestyle) is the point of contention.
Arwin07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 15:19   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

So one more model in which the DCT has been ditched in favor of a simpler technology. Looks like Ford has finished up its inventory of the DCT's which probably built up after they withdrew the DCTs from most major markets after numerous complaints.

Should be a good combo on the Aspire. Looking forward to Team-Bhp Official Review.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 16:00   #185
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
I'm beginning to think if I can do something similar with my Ford ecosport titanium diesel 2016 model. It kind of shares the same audio system as the aspire. Unfortunately on the carplus site you posted, there is no plate for the ecosport.
Off topic but search Aliexpress for ecosport fascia, you should be able to find a fascia and 2 DIN touchscreen HU. @hserus has already done something similar on his new generation Fiesta
Old 4th October 2018, 16:45   #186
BHPian

re: The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs

Photos from the launch event in Bangalore:

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0013.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0008.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0011.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0010.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0009.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0014.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181004wa0009.jpg  

Last edited by Prathiiik : 4th October 2018 at 16:46.
Prathiiik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 19:30   #187
BHPian

I'm disappointed with the facelift. I was expecting the stability package with all engines like in the Freestyle. The Titanium+ has lost leather seats too. With side airbags, seat covers aren't possible and beige fabric seats would be a nightmare to maintain.

With the Freestyle getting rear adjustable neck restraints and having best in class safety package, I'd pick it over the Aspire any day.

Last edited by theredliner : 4th October 2018 at 19:32.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 19:41   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I'm disappointed with the facelift.
You are right in saying that Ford should have done more with the Aspire facelift, especially after launching a competent car like the Freestyle. However, the USP of the Aspire would be the 1.5L Dragon engine mated to the 6 speed torque converter. It would probably give the Amaze 1.2L iVTEC CVT and the Dzire 1.2L AMT variants a run for their money.
Old 4th October 2018, 19:55   #189
Senior - BHPian

Though the automatic transmission (TC) is better compared to AMT of MSIL, the pricing is not attractive enough to make buyers shift to Ford. Another pain point is non availability of Titanium (+) trim with SYNC for auto transmission buyers.

Amaze is offered with automatic diesel; what is wrong with Ford? They have missed a beautiful opportunity by not offering Auto Diesel.

There seems to be something seriously wrong at the Ford Product Planning level !!!

Last edited by i74js : 4th October 2018 at 19:57.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 19:57   #190
BHPian

- Width is 1704 mm, earlier Aspire was 1695
- No sway bars anymore. I think Ford stopped them long time back. They did appear in for some time in some of the variants of the earlier Aspire.
- There is no talk of any suspension tweak anywhere.
- Steering is just EPA. Did they do away with Pull drift compensation - Whatever that did!
- Bigger tyres only on Titanium and Titanium plus. That means tyres can be upsized. Ford has been fooling customers with all that warranty voiding if you upsize BS all this while. ONLY, they are allowed to use any tyre size.
- Titanium plus gets a little smaller infotainment system?
- Driver side power window gets just One touch down in Ambiente. Old Aspire had both One touch up and down.
- Still no tachometer in Ambiente.
- Welcome addition of seat belt reminder in Ambiente too.
- Still no adjustable seat belts, pretensioners and load limiters?
- How will they justify a 5 year standard warranty only on the new Aspire and not the Freestyle or the Ecosport.
- How would have been the the proposition of even better mileage by sacrificing the power a little in the Diesel. Not everyone needs that power and torque.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 20:00   #191
BANNED

My dad had been to ITC Chola in Chennai; the price list includes two other variants namely Titanium (O) and Sports models with Ex-Showroom of 697k and 707k respectively; Brochure doesn’t show what the difference in feature list.

No rear AC vents - Is it because the throw is powerful
Auto Headlamp and Rainsensors only in Titanium+

Is Torque Convertor different to CVT and AMT?

Hightime someone starts allowing customer to configure his car

Last edited by tosathyas : 4th October 2018 at 20:02.
Old 4th October 2018, 21:12   #192
BHPian

Does it have the same boron steel used in EcoSport? If the build quality of the car is better then I would choose it over Freestyle any for the very little price difference we get better leg room, rear armrest, more boot space, 174mm is a decent ground clearance. Removal of leather seats is disappointing. 5 years standard warranty shows the confidence a manufacturer has over the product, kind of after thought to differentiate it from the Freestyle. ESC, HLA, TCS in manual variants would have been a plus but does a car having low ground clearance really need it? experts your views.
vDragon3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 21:36   #193
Senior - BHPian

Here is a short first look video

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th October 2018 at 21:47.
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 21:36   #194
Senior - BHPian

I somehow do not see the point of 2 petrol engines, especially in the Aspire which does pretty low numbers. From a commercial standpoint, Ford has to first make the Aspire connect with the consumers and then look at adding variants and engine combinations.

Also, if I remember correctly, Ford had one of the highest skews towards diesel in the recent petrol and diesel car sales split, so this sort of indicates that people consider diesel more when they look at Ford. Things are changing, but some manufacturers like ford and Skoda have a strong diesel connect and that shows in sales.

Customer gets more options, but in the limited numbers that Aspire does, how many cars would that top end 1.5 petrol sell? Like 10 to 20%? Thats 200 cars a month even if Aspire sells 2000 consistently. And that is where the financials for ford do not make sense.
Old 4th October 2018, 21:50   #195
Senior - BHPian

Takeaways from brochure:
  1. New variant Trend added. What was Trend before has now become Trend+
  2. The front grill gets different paint jobs by variants, but I guess it will look best in the Ambiente.
  3. The chrome strip on the boot now starts from the Titanium.
  4. Ambiente loses the Passenger side vanity mirror.
  5. Electrochromic rear view mirror is a new addition in the Titanium, along with Auto headlamps and wipers. And push button start.
  6. Rear parking sensors across the board is a welcome addition. Was sorely needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
- No sway bars anymore. I think Ford stopped them long time back.
- Pull drift compensation - Whatever that did!
Sway bar/anti-roll bar was removed within the first few months.

Pull drift compensation reduces the road and tyre vibrations from reaching the steering wheel. Supposed to reduce fatigue.

Last edited by samaspire : 4th October 2018 at 21:55.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks