Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2018, 20:41   #256
BHPian

Re: The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post

However, I observed that all the 4 doors are light and doesn't close with assuring thud. There is a pre-face lift Aspire in the showroom. The doors in that car felt slightly heavier when compared to face-lift version. And the Freestyle's doors are definitely heavier when compared to both old and new Aspire. Did anyone else felt the same with new Aspire's doors ?
I felt the doors were lighter than Freestlyle. But I thought, it was just a feeling. Let's wait for someone else also to check and confirm. For me I felt it was more sturdy than pre-facelift one though.
Old 12th October 2018, 20:51   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I felt the doors were lighter than Freestlyle. But I thought, it was just a feeling. Let's wait for someone else also to check and confirm. For me I felt it was more sturdy than pre-facelift one though.
Thanks anumod for the quick reply. Yes, lets wait for someone else to confirm. During the test drive, the car felt very stable and safe (could take it till 80 KMPH). Braking was also good. Waiting for the Tiago/Tigor JTP launch and then decide whether to go for Aspire or JTP

Thanks,
Srinivas. R

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2018 at 20:05. Reason: Typo
Old 12th October 2018, 21:09   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
in Hyderabad.

I observed that all the 4 doors are light and doesn't close with assuring thud. There is a pre-face lift Aspire in the showroom. The doors in that car felt slightly heavier when compared to face-lift version. And the Freestyle's doors are definitely heavier when compared to both old and new Aspire. Did anyone else felt the same with new Aspire's doors ?

Another observation is that on the boot lid, there is some wiring related to remote boot opening (as per SA) which looks ugly. Did any one checked this.

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Booked the Facelifted Aspire after three long test drives today.

I felt that both, the Freestyle and Aspire, feel the same when it comes to Build Quality. The doors were of the same weight in both cars. However, although the Freestyle and Aspire are built stronger than a few other cars in their respective segments, I felt that both these cars are built to a cost. The Ecosport feels much heavier and stronger.

The metal parts and wires are exposed in the boot, makes it look real ugly! Ford should have offered some sort of cladding here. But wait, cost cutting again!

The Aspire is quite stable at high speeds too, and the brakes are great! Stops in a straight quickly with zero drama.

Last edited by Prathiiik : 12th October 2018 at 21:11.
Prathiiik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 21:31   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Booked the Facelifted Aspire after three long test drives today.

The Aspire is quite stable at high speeds too, and the brakes are great! Stops in a straight quickly with zero drama.
Congrats Prathiiik ! Yes build quality of Aspire/Freestyle is better than the competition in respective segments (may be Tigor/Tiago are comparable to Aspire/Freestyle). Brakes are probably the best in segment.

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
sriswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 00:39   #260
BHPian

Motor Octane speaking to Anurag Mehrotra of Ford. Sounded more like a promotional activity than an interview .

But the one good thing is that Anurag is receptive to customer feedback, and that a top end automatic might be considered if there's enough market demand.
nikipedia87 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 22:01   #261
BHPian

Did the P.D.I for our Aspire two days back. Here's a picture of the car in the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181029wa0040.jpg  

Prathiiik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 00:29   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the P.D.I for our Aspire two days back. Here's a picture of the car in the yard.

Congrats! A very good choice! Bhpians put their money where it matters!

Do share initial impressions once you clock few miles. Safe driving!
Old 4th November 2018, 20:31   #263
BHPian

Took delivery of our Ruby red Aspire today. Delivery process was very smooth at JSP Ford, Bangalore. 5 litres of fuel was provided free of cost. The car is still on temporary plates, the original registration plate would be fixed by tomorrow.

Initial impressions:

1) EXCELLENT NVH. The car is very well insulated and little or no engine noise enters the cabin. It's a different story outside the car though, diesel clatter is evident on the outside.

2) Very well tuned suspension. Ride quality is excellent over all types of roads. The suspension is very absorbent.

3) The SYNC 3 is very easy to use and has zero lag. Pairing the phone to Bluetooth was a breeze and audio seems decent too.

4) The aspire is down on quality when compared to the Ecosport, but much better than a few cars in the competition. Having had two Fiesta 1.6's and one Ikon in the family previously, I can confidently say the Aspires build quality is nowhere near to the older Fords.

5) The 1.5 TDCI has no turbo lag and is almost as linear as a petrol to drive in the city. Can't comment on high speeds yet, as the car is not even a day old and hasn't crossed 60 kmp/h.

6) The car had covered 20 km at the time of delivery and currently stands at 35 km. Fuel economy is hovering around the 9.5 km/l mark.

7) The headlights are adequate for city use (low beam). Yet to test it out on the highway.

8) The doors auto lock at 15 kmp/h. The mirrors do not fold in during lock/unlock, although electric folding is provuded.

9) The car came shod with 195/55 Apollo Alnacs. Spare tyre isn't an alloy.

10) Both, the front and rear seats offer good support and are very comfortable to sit in. Legroom too, is more than adequate.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0014.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0022.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0031.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0056.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0054.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0071.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0069.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0032.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0065.jpg

Attachment 1815078

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0052.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0030.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0039.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0050.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0061.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0015.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0038.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0049.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0060.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0046.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0057.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181104wa0047.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2018 at 20:08. Reason: Typo
Prathiiik is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 08:27   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of our Ruby red Aspire today. Delivery process was very smooth at JSP Ford, Bangalore. 5 litres of fuel was provided free of cost.

Congratulations on your new purchase!

Apologies if you have mentioned this somewhere already but can you please tell me how much the car cost on road? If it is not too much to ask, can you give a breakdown of the cost as well? Did you get any freebies or any discounts from the dealer?
Old 5th November 2018, 14:09   #265
BHPian

Am in a dilemma between Ecosport and Aspire. I find Ecospsort having better build quality, good view, sufficient headroom, more features than Aspire.
Aspire has better suspension, ride quality, sufficient for city use, 4 lakhs lesser than Ecosport, comfortable seats than Ecosport.
My parents already own Ecosport MCA Petrol Titanium plus AT. Considering I can use my parents car for any outstation trips where Aspire cant go. Any suggestions to help me decide?
vDragon3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 14:18   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Am in a dilemma between Ecosport and Aspire. I find Ecospsort having better build quality, good view, sufficient headroom, more features than Aspire.
Aspire has better suspension, ride quality, sufficient for city use, 4 lakhs lesser than Ecosport, comfortable seats than Ecosport.
My parents already own Ecosport MCA Petrol Titanium plus AT. Considering I can use my parents car for any outstation trips where Aspire cant go. Any suggestions to help me decide?
If you've driven your parents' EcoSport for long trips and are happy with it, and if your parents are with you (hence it is part of your garage), then please save the money and pick up an Aspire/Freestyle.

However, if you have a strong EcoSport itch, and if your parents are likely to be using their EcoSport often on their own, only then go in for a EcoSport.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 14:29   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
I'm not sure what suggestions you are seeking as you seem to have already answered your question.

Ask this question instead, does having two Ecosports within the family make sense to you? If yes, then please go ahead. As you must have already experienced, Ecosport is a capable car in most respects. Maybe get the diesel this time?

If I were in your place and had to choose within Ford, I would go for the Figo/Aspire with the diesel heart, which does duty in the Ecosport as well. I don't understand the need or the advantage you would get owning two Ecosports. You've already listed the pros of the Aspire over the Ecosport so why not choose that instead?

What I would really do if I were in your place is, look beyond Ford and go shopping in the open market where there are plenty of other choices to make. If you have time to make the purchase, I would suggest you look at the Tiago/Tigor JTP.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 14:42   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

Ask this question instead, does having two Ecosports within the family make sense to you?

What I would really do if I were in your place is, look beyond Ford and go shopping in the open market where there are plenty of other choices to make. If you have time to make the purchase, I would suggest you look at the Tiago/Tigor JTP.
No it doesn't make sense in my view.
In open market only Honda Amaze makes sense to me, again even the top end variant doesn't have 6 airbags. Not willing to go with Tata for engine reliability issues. Is Amaze a better package compared to Aspire?
Old 13th November 2018, 06:50   #269
BHPian

It has been more than a month since Aspire facelift launch. I'm (we're all) eagerly awaiting TeamBHP's official review of the facelift. Does anyone know why this unusual and surprising delay? Team BHP usually review within a week or two within launch.
I had mailed Team BHP and got a reply that they will review in November.
Arwin07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 09:11   #270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
Does anyone know why this unusual and surprising delay? Team BHP usually review within a week or two within launch.
Week or two? Moderators haven't priotized time over quality on any occasions to deliver the review so fast. Take the most recent Marazzo review for example - launch on Sep 3rd, and review released on Nov 3rd. That's two months - and of a more important product (New release, not facelift).

There's no surprising delay particular to this case. It's just the standard cooking time which will ensure a well cooked review at the end.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks