Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2018, 10:10   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Took delivery of our Ruby red Aspire today.
Congrats on your latest acquisition Prathiiik, and it looks great in the this shade.

We have the pre-facelift 1.5 TDCI Aspire in the exact same shade in my extended family, and boy its a road runner. It has very minimal or no lag, and can really give my GT TDi a run. I am pretty sure, you are going to love this Ford on the open roads.

Wish you a very happy motoring, and fun filled mile munching.

- Couple of shots of your car next to a temple wall (?) seems like the one near Teacher's college (Jayanagar). You stay close to this place?
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 10:54   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

- Couple of shots of your car next to a temple wall (?) seems like the one near Teacher's college (Jayanagar). You stay close to this place?
That is the Ganesha temple in 4th block Jayanagar opp Maiyyas. It’s the temple where all our cars get their pooja done 😁
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 20:13   #273
BHPian

While the TBHP review is being prepared, does any member managed to take test drive of 1.5P Automatic Aspire? If yes, kindly share the initial tidbits around it.

I tried to find but seemingly no major car magazine was probably able to get hands on the automatic one.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 21:50   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I tried to find but seemingly no major car magazine was probably able to get hands on the automatic one.
True, even I'm wondering why none of the media houses have reviewed the Aspire 1.5 automatic. That was the variant which really caught my interest at launch. The 1.5 Dragon coupled with this lightweight package might even give some C- Segment sedans a run for their money when it comes to performance.

If the variant is well-received, then maybe Ford can consider pairing this with a manual transmission, badge it as an 'S' variant and give the Tigor JTP some company.
Old 16th November 2018, 16:01   #275
BHPian

Waiting eagerly for the official review!
My dad is in the market to buy car, we sold 2007 Honda City (dolphin shape).
We are looking to buy Diesel Ford Figo Aspire or I was suggesting to buy a pre-owned Honda City. Not keen on AT gearbox. Any suggestion is appreciated.
Old 16th November 2018, 16:26   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
My dad is in the market to buy car, we sold 2007 Honda City (dolphin shape).
We are looking to buy Diesel Ford Figo Aspire or I was suggesting to buy a pre-owned Honda City.
The premium feeling inside a City will be far more noticeable than the Aspire. The diesel engine in the Aspire is mind-blowing, fun to drive, and frugal. Based on your priorities (nice interiors, or driver pleasure), that might influence your decision towards either of the cars.

I'd have suggested the Tata JTP twins as an alternative, but if the car is for your father, and you're looking for a hassle-free ownership experience, I'd hold off on the Tatas, they've not yet won my confidence for a niggle-free experience.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 18:09   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The premium feeling inside a City will be far more noticeable than the Aspire. The diesel engine in the Aspire is mind-blowing, fun to drive, and frugal. Based on your priorities (nice interiors, or driver pleasure), that might influence your decision towards either of the cars.

I'd have suggested the Tata JTP twins as an alternative, but if the car is for your father, and you're looking for a hassle-free ownership experience, I'd hold off on the Tatas, they've not yet won my confidence for a niggle-free experience.
thanks Arun!
Did check out the Tata JTP twins we did not like the interior space the car offers. We own Nano and Safari and happy with Tata service.
I do agree the premium feel of City is missing in Aspire, we were happy with the way the Aspire looks and feels. Dad could not do a TD of Aspire, will influence him drive the car. I am looking for driving pleasure but he is looking for premium feel.
Will keep this thread posted post the Aspire TD.

thank you
arvindmanju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 20:30   #278
BHPian

I think one should test drive first before comparing the merits.

Speaking from experience, one of my brother owning Brio iVTEC agrees to the awesome performance my Aspire TDCi offers but he is willing to sacrifice that for the smoothness of iVTEC.

He has got used to the iVTEC smoothness and his argument is undeniable. Truly, bulk of miles we are putting in roads where be it Alto or TDCi, all are same.

So as a former i-VTEC owner, get a test drive on the Diesel to see if you or your father can actually tolerate the Diesel clutter & vibration. Speaking of which, Ford has this dragon 1.2 petrol in Aspire now. Performance isn't that bad compare to TDCi in majority of the route you may drive so try that also.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 22:56   #279
BHPian

Quote:
While the TBHP review is being prepared, does any member managed to take test drive of 1.5P Automatic Aspire? If yes, kindly share the initial tidbits around it.

Seems like we will need to wait for TBHP review and hope the automatic version is covered in that as well. Absence of any major media house getting hands on the automatic version for an initial impression, leave alone a complete review (even if that's paid marketing) is very surprising.
Old 17th November 2018, 08:46   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like we will need to wait for TBHP review and hope the automatic version is covered in that as well. Absence of any major media house getting hands on the automatic version for an initial impression, leave alone a complete review (even if that's paid marketing) is very surprising.
I did a short TD of both the 1.2 manual Dragon and the 1.5 Aspire - more out of curiosity than anything else. I was evaluating a used Endy at the dealership (finally ended up buying a Scorpio).

Anyway both have serious amounts of low end torque and are a hoot to drive even on the short test drive that I did. Doesn't sound like a 3 pot engine at all, the engine sound is a pleasant growl to the ears.

The 1.5 automatic is excellent fun to drive, responsive gearbox and begging to be taken out on the highway and pushed hard. The car is also naturally stable and I think it will have excellent road manners based on what I see in it and having driven my Fiesta on highway trips.

Ride comfort is quite good though I would have appreciated a dead pedal. The HU is also responsive with good sound quality.
hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 11:30   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Anyway both have serious amounts of low end torque and are a hoot to drive even on the short test drive that I did. Doesn't sound like a 3 pot engine at all, the engine sound is a pleasant growl to the ears.

The 1.5 automatic is excellent fun to drive, responsive gearbox and begging to be taken out on the highway and pushed hard. The car is also naturally stable and I think it will have excellent road manners based on what I see in it and having driven my Fiesta on highway trips.

Ride comfort is quite good though I would have appreciated a dead pedal. The HU is also responsive with good sound quality.
Thank you hserus for this wonderful piece of crisp feedback. 1.5 Auto is on my radar and your viewpoint gives me confidence. Now only if Ford gives Titanium plus on automatic like ecosport to seal the deal. Sync3 and most importantly 4 extra airbags will move this car a step closer to complete package. Apart from space, think of comparison with city ZX CVT with aspire auto in Titanium plus trim. It matches on engine and feature list(sans sunroof which not everyone may need) with city ZX at a much lower price point. I started off with a requirement of 6 airbags, auto tranny and ability to seat 5. The best fit which I felt covered all these is Altis followed by City ZX with some lesser space. Yaris and ecosport can't seat 5 and if I have to seat only 4, aspire auto in Titanium plus trim is the most luring option in my mind. The differentiator for aspire with 1.2 automatics from other competitors is the 1.5 engine. Come on Ford, give the auto in top trim. You have one customer lined up.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 11:40   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from space, think of comparison with city ZX CVT with aspire auto in Titanium plus trim.
What I'm waiting for is this new Mondeo if they reintroduce it. It has the feel of my all new Fiesta and would be a worthy competitor to the 1.6-2 liter segment sedans currently on the market.

https://auto.ndtv.com/ford-cars/new-mondeo
Old 25th November 2018, 10:27   #283
BHPian

I test drove Aspire 1.2 petrol and 1.5 petrol AT yesterday and then did a TD of Nexon AMT and Dzire AMT back to back.

Aspire 1.2 should be no brainer for anybody looking for a compact sedan manual. Engine has good low end grunt and picks up effortlessly in second gear when going over speed breakers. Refinement and nvh are are good too. Trend plus trim is phenomenal value considering its price and features. But do take a look at trend plus varient before finalizing as one feature not shared by sales team is the grey finishing around touchscreen, steering wheel and door handles. This just changes the entire look of the cabin from premium to ordinary. It was a deal breaker for me as I had almost got my heart on this trim.

Aspire 1.5 is just FABULOUS. You can feel the extra horses inside the bonnet and the power delivery is just so smooth and addictive. Engine and gearbox combo is best amongst it's competitors. I know it does seem almost 2 lakh more than its manual varient but if compared with top trim of Dzire AMT it still is cheaper. And buoy what a drive!!!!!

Post driving Ford, Nexon AMT petrol was just a dud. It takes almost 2 seconds to start off after you lift your leg from the brake pedal. Shifts post that are decent though. Dzire AMT also surprised with a peppy engine and somewhat smoother gear shifts that what I was expecting from its AMT unit. But no one came close to Aspire experience.
Maverick Avi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 16:13   #284
Senior - BHPian

Aspire to get Freestyle treatment? Ford Figo Urban Warrior Concept. Will this be coming to India as well?

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-capture.jpg

Source : RushLane Link

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th November 2018 at 16:19.
Old 27th November 2018, 16:45   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Aspire to get Freestyle treatment? Ford Figo Urban Warrior Concept. Will this be coming to India as well?

Don't think so.

But a prayer to Ford India. Kindly put that dark interior into the current Figo Aspire Titanium Plus TDCi as an option at least. Can't live with all beige interior theme

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed