Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2018, 00:02   #166
BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
You are wrong

Attachment 1804512

Intall this and most 2-din systems will fit.

I think someone in one of the various Figo threads has recently posted about getting this done.

Found this link on Google search.

http://www.carplus.in/ford/figo/kmh-...ew-2-din-12860
I'm beginning to think if I can do something similar with my Ford ecosport titanium diesel 2016 model. It kind of shares the same audio system as the aspire. Unfortunately on the carplus site you posted, there is no plate for the ecosport.
Old 4th October 2018, 05:56   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Wouldn’t the 3 cylinder limit the potential bhp and increase the vibrations?

Any idea if this has improved power rating?
The 1.2L 3-cylinder (Dragon) engine is the same as what the Freestyle has been launched with earlier this year, so I'd recommend going through this post (Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review) from the review of the Freestyle.

In brief:
  • Power has gone up compared to the earlier 1.2L 4-cylinder Ti-VCT Sigma engine - the figures are 95 BHP & 120 Nm in the new one vs. 87 BHP and 112 Nm in the old one
  • More importantly, driveability is noticeably improved over the earlier engine
  • Vibrations are slightly present at idle and are apparent to the driver via the steering/gearshift, but are not noticeable unless you specifically go looking for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
I'm beginning to think if I can do something similar with my Ford ecosport titanium diesel 2016 model. It kind of shares the same audio system as the aspire. Unfortunately on the carplus site you posted, there is no plate for the ecosport.
Do look around on other sites like AliExpress, Amazon. I have seen listings for the EcoSport, although I didn't save any of the links. Such adapters are very common for all cars to allow integration of standard single-DIN and double-DIN head units into the specific dashboard of each model.

Last edited by arunphilip : 4th October 2018 at 05:59.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 06:06   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
Unfortunately on the carplus site you posted, there is no plate for the ecosport.
You can find in other e-commerce stores, for example there is one available in AliExpress, review also by a person who has bought it from India. Before you purchase advise you to contact seller and clarify any doubts that you may have

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/nihwjpO
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 12:25   #169
BHPian

Ford Aspire facelift launch at 12.45 PM today.

Live streaming can be followed on their Facebook and YouTube pages.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-42891230_2002354149816524_2859045822119542784_n.jpg  

nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:10   #170
BHPian

Prices are announced.
Please excuse the poor image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-20181004-13_08_36ford-aspire-facelift-launch.png  

NiXTriX2004 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:23   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

All about Ford Aspire- Past, Present and its Peers!

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th October 2018 at 13:26.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:24   #172
BHPian

Prices:
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-price-list.jpeg

Service cost:
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-service-cost.jpeg

Price comparison:
The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-price-comparison.jpeg

Key points:
Petrol manual: 1.2-litre three-cylinder Dragon series makes 94 BHP (96 PS) and 20.4 KMPL
Diesel manual: 1.5-litre engine makes 99 BHP (100 PS) and 26.1 KMPL
Petrol automatic: 1.5-litre Dragon series makes 123 BHP and 16.3 KMPL Gearbox is now six-speed, simpler torque converter unit, as opposed to a dual-clutch transmission offered earlier.
Also comes with segment first 5-year warranty. Interestingly the Base petrol model is cheaper by Rs. 26,700, while the top-end diesel model is cheaper by Rs. 41,000 from the predecessor.

Last edited by Debajyoti : 4th October 2018 at 13:54.
Debajyoti is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:33   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All about Ford Aspire- past, present and its peers!

Attachment 1804860
Looks like the higher side of the competitors' price range includes the automatic variants, but the petrol auto of the new Aspire (which is significantly costlier than the Titanium+ manual) doesn't feature in the comparison.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:49   #174
BHPian

Will there be no 1.5 petrol manual? This is sad. I would have been very interested in 1.5 petrol if it had manual transmission. I wonder why Ford took such a decision.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:54   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Will there be no 1.5 petrol manual? This is sad. I would have been very interested in 1.5 petrol if it had manual transmission. I wonder why Ford took such a decision.
While it would have been interesting to enthusiasts, I think sales of a 1.5L petrol would otherwise be abysmal - the difference between the 1.2 petrol and diesel is 90k, and slotting in the 1.5 petrol here would be hard (due to it not benefitting from the small car exemption). The average buyer would not be interested in paying more for a "thirstier" car, especially when the enjoyable 1.5 diesel is available in every variant.

I'm sure factors like these are what would have led to Ford quickly dropping the 1.5 petrol manual from consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
They had a chance to launch it with the Sports edition in the outgoing model.
+1 to differentiating the Sports variant with the 1.5 petrol, that would have been amazing.

Quote:
I am part of a tiny fraction of enthusiasts looking for powerful petrol motor with manual transmission.
I agree, nothing compares to a large NA petrol.

Last edited by arunphilip : 4th October 2018 at 14:10.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:54   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was never a 1.5 petrol manual. It of course wouldn't make sense for them to cater to a very small group of buyers who would be interested in it.

tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The average buyer would not be interested in paying more for a "thirstier" car, especially when the enjoyable 1.5 diesel is available in every variant.
Quote:
There was never a 1.5 petrol manual. It of course wouldn't make sense for them to cater to a very small group of buyers who would be interested in it.
Can't disagree, I guess I am part of a tiny fraction of enthusiasts looking for powerful petrol motor with manual transmission. This rules out even cars like Polo TSi since I am not keen on auto-box.

Quote:
1.5 Petrol manual would have been a hoot to drive in a lighter Aspire/Figo considering the engine has good reviews in Ecosport. It can be said that Ford missed the chance but then I don't think there were many takers for the Figo Sport when it was available.

Quote:
If you can live with a diesel, then that is the best bet with the Aspire.
Diesel is tempting indeed. But if and when I buy a car, it will mostly be used on weekends for drives or sparingly during the week, rarely for commute. I don't know if I need a diesel car with little running, I already have a garage queen (KTM) which sees tarmac once a month. Also, I totally hate the hard clutch of Diesels.

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 4th October 2018 at 14:21.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:12   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.5 Petrol manual would have been a hoot to drive in a lighter Aspire/Figo considering the engine has good reviews in Ecosport. It can be said that Ford missed the chance but then I don't think there were many takers for the Figo Sport when it was available.
If you can live with a diesel, then that is the best bet with the Aspire. Add to that, the new Aspire has the wheel and tyre size of the outgoing Sports Aspire on all the trim levels now which helps to an extent on the light car.

And I am guessing the diesel too has the new gearbox that was launched with the 1.2 Dragon engine, not that the old one was bad.

Last edited by tharian : 4th October 2018 at 14:14.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:23   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Price comparison:
Hmmm, mind games - the Aspire does not feature the Auto variant in its price comparison chart, but all the competitors seem to have them included.

Also, how can 5.55L for the Aspire be so much behind the 5.56L of the Dzire, while the Xcent petrol which starts at 5.46L & the Amaze petrol's 5.51L are shown to be on-par with the Aspire's present prices?

And looking at the Diesel's red bars, the Xcent which is the lowest with a starting price of 6.38L is shown to be higher than the Aspire's 6.45L ?
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:30   #180
BHPian

While there are changes, there is no distinguishing factor. A change in the dash design should have been implemented.

Freestyle will possibly be a better buy still and I seem to have been more excited by the Santro launch than this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed