Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:28   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: Next-gen Nissan Micra coming to India in 2019

The new Micra for India will look similar to the European model, but will be based on the low-cost CMF-A+ platform.

With Premium hatch being very much in demand, it is hard for Nissan/Renault to ignore this all important segment.

Quote:
Nissan is planning to bring the all-new Micra to India by 2019. The India-bound Micra will get the same design as the one already on sale internationally. However, the car could get a minor facelift by then.

Unlike the Euro-spec hatchback (K14) that is based on Nissan’s V platform, the India-spec Nissan Micra will be underpinned by the far more cost-effective CMF A+ platform .(Similar to the Renault Kaptur/ Captur being on the Duster platform to contain cost)

Rumour: Next-gen Nissan Micra coming to India in 2019-0_578_872_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20170727055927_micraz.jpg

Link

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2017 at 17:42. Reason: small typo, thanks for sharing!
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour: Next-gen Nissan Micra coming to India in 2019

2019 ? Thats too late.

If they want this model/design to be successful then the test mules should have already been running around on Indian streets by now targeting a Festive 2017 launch.

Last edited by karan561 : 2nd August 2017 at 17:05. Reason: Typo
karan561 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next-gen Nissan Micra coming to India in 2019

2019? what the heck.

Okay. two things coming to my mind.

1. As an existing Micra owner, I can say the new micra - if launched in 2019 will be DoA. By that time - the competition would have gone a couple of steps ahead. Nissan is sure to lose the opportunity.

2. If Nissan Micra is for 2019 then either Datsun GoCross is targeted for 2018 or the next gen Nissan Sunny is targeted for 2018.
=====
Carlos : Okay Team India, what do we have in the plate for India?

Team India : For 2018 we will launch Datsun GoCross or Nissan Sunny, and in 2019 Nissan Micra New Gen.

Carlos : Is that enough?

Team India: Perfectly enough Carlos. Remember India is just a production and export base for us. We hardly sell a few hundred cars every month in India. So no need to put in any efforts to sell cars here.

Carlos : Wonderful Job Team. I appreciate your planning. Keep going.

Team India: * Celebrates the planning victory in Nissan's Canteen *
====

Me : * Sigh *

Competition:

Rumour: Next-gen Nissan Micra coming to India in 2019-nextgenmicra.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2017 at 19:54. Reason: Making it clear you meant what the heck :)
rajeshsundaram is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think Nissan was grapling with dealer issues the last 2 years and they just couldn't plan future strategies. This now leaves it with a product that will in all probability fail when it arrives in 2019 because it will be too late ! Indians are very well abreast with world trends and new car launches.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 06:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks Lambo inspired, scaled back a bit! The current Micra Auto blew us away with its performance. If not for the dealerships/ service we would have gone for it. Hope Nissan makes rapid strides in this regard. Right now it's a sleeping giant in this country.

Any idea if Kicks is coming? Saw it in Dubai and walked away pretty impressed!
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 07:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mr Ghosn should walk into any Nissan dealership, witness the inspid staff, uncompetitive prices and the general lethargy in the place before talking of bringing new cars in 2019. Mr Sundaram has nailed the key issues.

The brand seems to be caught in a vicious downward spiral :(
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

If this car would have launched now, this would have been a game changer of sorts for Nissan as the car looks stunning, much better than Baleno and i20 against which it would compete.

2019 is too late in my opinion, the next gen Swift is about to arrive soon and the market will soon move forward.

Best of luck Nissan !
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:24   #8
BHPian

They are launching new Micra in 2019 and they wonder why their sales are so low?

By 2019, they should be thinking about launching new Leaf (EV) which is going to be announced next month.
sri_tesla is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, if they stick to make the Indian Micra look as close to its European cousin, the design would still be fresh in 2019.

Do note, that save us auto enthusiasts, a majority of prospective buyers would be seeing the new Micra for the first time.

And it looks futuristic enough, to grab eyeballs even then.

A mid 2019 launch is only two years away. It also means that work has already started and we should start seeing test mules measuring the length and breadth of Indian roads by mid / late 2018.

I know, we teambhpians are an impatient lot. But, let's face it, the new Micra is a looker, and a few of us might even buy it if Nissan manages to give the looks-price-performance combo right.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:29   #10
BHPian

As a current Micra CVT owner, I would love to replace it with another Micra CVT While it is no corner carver, I find it to be a boon in the city driving and the CVT tranny, inspite of the rubber band effect, is super convenient with none of the jerkiness I experienced in Brio auto.
Hells Bells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 20:02   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The new Micra for India will look similar to the European model, but will be based on the low-cost CMF-A+ platform.
Similar? How can they swap the body onto a different platform? I think what we'll be seeing is merely a hatchback *inspired* by the actual next-gen Micra, if at all it uses the CMF-A+ platform. Do note that the CMF-A+ is almost identical to what's below the Kwid; just that it permits larger cars.

I don't even know why Nissan wants to bother with the R&D. They are already dead in India. If it wants to try the new Micra, just bring it here as is; it's too risky to develop something new when your brand counts for nothing. It's like Vijay Mallya planning a new airline for domestic travel in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Mr Ghosn should walk into any Nissan dealership, witness the inspid staff, uncompetitive prices and the general lethargy in the place before talking of bringing new cars in 2019.
Or better yet, he should buy a Nissan in India and experience the wretched ownership experience (lousy dealers, long wait periods for parts, hardly any service stations in the big metros). I'm so glad that my Sunny is out of warranty and now goes to the trusted + competent independent garage.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 20:09   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Similar? How can they swap the body onto a different platform?
It would be like the Renault's European Captur Vs Kaptur - with similar body styling but built on different platforms.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 20:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

If Nissan is serious, they should get the Micra as is, with some India specific changes.
If not, they should just keep flogging the current car and not build some compromised model on the CMF-A architecture.

Competition is heating up and only going to get stronger with Hyundai/Maruti trying to out do each other.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 21:22   #14
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2017 at 09:57.
CkmGowda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2018, 11:10   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan is working on an all-new India-specific Micra, heavily tweaked iteration of the global car.

A strategy similar to Renault's Captur /Kaptur.

Quote:
While the exterior design is expected to be quite similar, the Indian version will have chassis level differences over its European counterpart. This will be in the form of a more compact footprint and less sophisticated mechanicals and electronics to keep costs down
Quote:
The 1.2 petrol and the 1.5 diesel engines are expected to be carried over from the current car - possibly with improvements in refinement. The interior should also be updated with segment-standard features like a touchscreen infotainment system, auto climate control, LED DRLs and so on.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th March 2018 at 11:12.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks