Team-BHP - Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/189166-maruti-ignis-alpha-amt-launched-rs-7-01-lakh.html)

Maruti Ignis AGS now available in Alpha Trim

The AGS-equipped Ignis Alpha models have been priced at Rs 701,143 (Petrol) and Rs 808,050 (Diesel), ex-showroom Delhi.

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki India has announced the introduction of the Automatic Gear Shift (AGS) option in the top-end Alpha trim of its premium urban hatchback, the Ignis.
Quote:

With the Ignis' AGS-equipped Delta and Zeta variants accounting for around 27% of the 27,362 units sold till end-June, Maruti has now given the same treatment to the top-end Alpha variant.
Quote:

R S Kalsi, senior executive director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India, said: “AGS on the Ignis, so far offered in the Delta and Zeta trims, has been widely appreciated by customers and accounts for 27 percent of Ignis sales. We are now offering AGS in the top trim as well – Ignis Alpha. We expect this to strengthen the brand and enhance the popularity of AGS amongst millennials.”
Source

Maruti Suzuki has introduced an automated manual transmission (AMT) in the Alpha variant of the Ignis. Auto Gear Shift (AGS), as Maruti calls it, is available on both - the petrol and diesel versions of the car. While the Ignis Alpha (AGS) petrol is priced at Rs. 7,01,143, the Ignis Alpha (AGS) diesel costs Rs. 8,08,050 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh-ignis1.jpg

In Alpha trim, the Ignis gets features such as LED projector headlamps with daytime running lights, remote keyless entry, start/stop button, climate control, height adjustable driver's seat and reversing camera among others. Dual airbags, seatbelts with pre-tensioners, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat mounts are standard across all variants.

Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh-ignis2.jpg

The Maruti Suzuki Ignis was launched in January 2017 with a choice of a 1,197cc petrol engine with 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm @ 4,200 rpm and a 1,248cc diesel producing 74 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 190 Nm of torque @ 2,000 rpm. While a 5-speed manual gearbox was standard with all variants, the Delta and Zeta variants were offered with an AMT as well.

According to Maruti Suzuki, 27 percent of Ignis sales constitute of AMT-equipped cars.

Link to Team-BHP News

Good VFM I should say, costs exactly the same as the Baleno Delta automatic petrol that I bought 3 weeks ago.

But then this car is a segment lower, equipment levels on the Alpha are really good though. AMT experience being the only spoiler here, not bad though, still much better than the AMTs.

A W E S O M E news!

I booked the Zeta Petrol AMT on 1st August and just spoke with my RM at Nexa to change the booking to the Alpha AMT.

Kudos to Maruti for recognising the demand and offering a choice of the top spec variant to customers.

Cheers

Excellent news!!!! Ends my hunt for stereo system for my future Zeta amt by booking alpha. Thanks Maruti .

Good move by Maruti, they are hearing people's feedback, however I also feel this car hasn't got the response they expected, i hardly see this vehicle in Chennai and they seem to be reacting to people's feedback to increase the sales. I also wish other manufacturers adopt the same strategy of providing top end model in AT/AMT

8-9 lakhs On road for an Ignis? Even if it's Automatic and fully loaded I just don't see the value proposition at all!
A little bit extra can get one a Baleno CVT or even the elite i20!

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4246155)
8-9 lakhs On road for an Ignis? Even if it's Automatic and fully loaded I just don't see the value proposition at all!
A little bit extra can get one a Baleno CVT or even the elite i20!

The top end Ignis equals the base model CVT Baleno in price. Not to mention it shares the same engine and has a plethora of features that the Baleno lacks.
Let's not even go into the name sake AT offering from Hyundai for the Elite i20. It is almost a 11 lakh in price.

If one didn't want the features offered by the car, then why compare the top end model and blame the price fixed by the manufacturer?

Maruti vehicles are no longer well priced and VFM. Partly because their immediate competitor (Hyundai) is consistently overpriced and Honda isn't exactly VFM either. So really no incentive for Maruti with its positive after sales reputation to price too cheaply, particularly since its models now seem head to head on styling etc with any other international product.

Personally, I can't find it in me to pay up to 9 lakh for an AMT equipped automatic. Features and all are important but can't be at the compromise of tech. For me I mean. I'd rather plonk more and buy a Baleno / Jazz CVT anyway or pay less money for a Tiago or something if I have to buy AMT.

When the Ignis was launched, the design intrigued me. Looked nice from the front but odd at the rear for my liking. In fact I liked the front so much that I felt I should never have gone to view the rear end. But definitely it does look so different and will appeal to folks.

Now, coming down to pricing, I feel, it is definitely not VFM at all! I am not going to plonk that much amount of money even if I had. (In fact now-a-days I feel that pricing-wise, the segments have shifted upwards.)

While there could be reasons for pricing scaled upwards, terms like reliability, durability, strong build quality are going downwards from reports of tinny build quality, flimsy plastics, thin sheet metal for various recent launches not limited to Ignis.

Guess, it is not going to be long when manufacturers may have to think the extent of cost cutting, the areas it should be extended to and how much? And finally the pricing. My relative was thinking of replacing his Wagon-R with Ignis however with the price, he decided to keep the Wagon-R few more years. Wise decision I thought.

In my opinion, AMT will make it more appealing, but the pricing will always remain a sore point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 4246146)
Good move by Maruti, they are hearing people's feedback, however I also feel this car hasn't got the response they expected, i hardly see this vehicle in Chennai

Let's not go by what "I saw on the road". Hard stats at this link. It's selling in the ballpark of 5,000 / month which isn't bad considering that it's overpriced and wears funky clothes which won't appeal to all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4246155)
8-9 lakhs On road for an Ignis?

Totally agreed. Way too much money for what's on offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 4246174)
The top end Ignis equals the base model CVT Baleno in price. Not to mention it shares the same engine and has a plethora of features that the Baleno lacks.

To me, a car's core aspects matter more than the feature list. The Baleno's CVT is FAR, FAR smoother, it has lots more space and a bigger boot. Even the design is more appealing (although looks are always subjective). That's why I'd choose the Baleno CVT over an Ignis AMT any day.

Maruti finally sees the light. The Baleno CVT Alpha and now the Ignis Alpha AMT.

This is a much needed move and makes the Baleno and Ignis a default no brainer choice for anyone looking for a good city commuter automatic.

The Ignis is pricy but the compact size, peppy engine, decent AMT and the crossover styling is ideal for city driving. I remember moderator Jaggu was convinced with the Ignis AMT over the Baleno CVT but the missing alpha was the only reason he decided against it for the wifey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4246247)
To me, a car's core aspects matter more than the feature list. The Baleno's CVT is FAR, FAR smoother, it has lots more space and a bigger boot. Even the design is more appealing (although looks are always subjective). That's why I'd choose the Baleno CVT over an Ignis AMT any day.

The cars mentioned here are separated by a minimum of a lakh rupees variant to variant. If one had the money, he would go with the bigger car any day of the week.

The point was about Ignis selling for almost 9L. It was a bad comparison between a top end of a vehicle and the base variant of the next segment.

And many would not like the rubber band effect of CVT and hence avoid the Baleno.

They should have done this at launch, i would have been a proud owner by now. Now since the Nexon is coming by end of the year, its pretty confusing!

I guess MSIL is getting rattled after-all lol

Nice move by Maruti. An AMT on higher variant should widen its appeal. However, is this car doing well? I mean, I hardly see any Ignises in my town. I have seen same number of Hexas as Ignises, both launched around same time. May be Ignis is eclipsed by its own stablemate Baleno which just shows no sign of abating.