Team-BHP - BMW 320d Edition Sport launched in India at Rs. 38.60 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW 320d Edition Sport launched in India at Rs. 38.60 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/189168-bmw-320d-edition-sport-launched-india-rs-38-60-lakh.html)

BMW has launched the 320d Edition Sport at a price of Rs. 38.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The 320d Edition Sport is available in three colour options - Alpine White, Black Sapphire and Mediterranean Blue. It gets a revised styling package including a twin-kidney grille finished in high-gloss black. On the inside, the car gets a dual-tone black and red theme upholstery with sports seats and red contrast stitching on the sport steering wheel and gear shift paddles. The list of standard features available include launch control, an electric sunroof and a 205W 9-speaker audio system. The car's key features red detailing.

BMW 320d Edition Sport launched in India at Rs. 38.60 lakh-bmw-320d-edition-sport.jpg

The BMW 320d Edition Sport is powered by a 1,995cc, 4-cylinder TwinPower turbo diesel engine that puts out 188 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm and is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The car comes with four driving modes - Comfort, ECO PRO, Sport and Sport+, engine start/stop function and brake-energy regeneration. BMW claims that the 320d Edition Sport will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 7.2 sec, while its top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

Safety features on offer include ABS, DSC, traction control, cornering brake control, 6 airbags, and runflat tyres. The 320d Edition Sport is also equipped with a rear view camera, park distance control and iDrive with a 6.5-inch display among other features.

So what's the difference between this and the sports line ? Or is it replacing the sports line

Sport Edition would have sounded better than edition Sport to be honest :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4245953)
BMW claims that the 320d Edition Sport will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 7.2 sec, while its top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

Also 20d's top out around 240, and dont do 250km/h. The official top speed is 235 km/h, check this;

https://www.bmw.in/en/all-models/3-s...ata.html#tab-0

Stock clearance edition? 3 ain't selling very well I guess.

This seems to be a cheaper version of the sportline. Looks to have the smaller idrive system without navigation, and also artificial leather seats. But seems to have the 9 speaker music system, and also the sportsline exterior features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4246227)
Also 20d's top out around 240, and dont do 250km/h. The official top speed is 235 km/h, check this;

I checked the press release again and it says 250 km/h.

However, I really can't blindly rely on such data from a company that won't even use a RHD car in its press release. What a serious lack of attention-to-detail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4247560)
I checked the press release again and it says 250 km/h.

However, I really can't blindly rely on such data from a company that won't even use a RHD car in its press release. What a serious lack of attention-to-detail.

People who are controlling the Media, Press releases etc are no enthusiasts nor have great knowledge about their brand cars as well. They are just good at clerical work, co-ordinating press cars & celebrities for their events.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4247560)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4248263)
People who are controlling the Media, Press releases etc are no enthusiasts nor have great knowledge about their brand cars as well.

:OTThey are atleast expected to know about cars from their own brand!
BMW 320d Edition Sport launched in India at Rs. 38.60 lakh-nissss.jpg