Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 10:53   #91
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Got a call from the dealer in Indore on saturday. They seem as clueless as we all are here.
Wasnt sure whether its the 230 or the 245. has no idea if the diesel is coming or not.

He was confident about the vRS coming with only a 6-speed DSG. No M/T at all :( .

Didnt know that adaptive dampers exist. "Sir poore sportscar wale features hain".

The most pleasant thing i heard was the price. 28-29 on-road is what he said the price could be. Which means a 25-26L ex-showroom price. This seems too good to be true.

I asked him to mail me details of the vRS but got the regular octavia's brochure instead.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 12:13   #92
BHPian

The SA in Tafe, Bangalore confirmed it would be the Petrol unit churning about 230 PS of power, the cost difference would be a whopping additional +5 Lacs on top of the L&K model, which would give you the more powerful 2.0 petrol engine, sports seats and a couple more features. No unique colours tho (like the yellow or blue, the previous vRS got), atleast for now.

I nearly booked the Style Plus TSI a month ago but stalled at the last moment when i was advised the L&K model was being released. I'd love the vRS but at some 30+ Lacs on road price in Bangalore, it is nearing the 3 series territory indeed.
Old 21st August 2017, 12:32   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAUBMW7 View Post
The SA in Tafe, Bangalore confirmed it would be the Petrol unit churning about 230 PS of power, the cost difference would be a whopping additional +5 Lacs on top of the L&K model, which would give you the more powerful 2.0 petrol engine, sports seats and a couple more features. No unique colours tho (like the yellow or blue, the previous vRS got), atleast for now.

I nearly booked the Style Plus TSI a month ago but stalled at the last moment when i was advised the L&K model was being released. I'd love the vRS but at some 30+ Lacs on road price in Bangalore, it is nearing the 3 series territory indeed.
I have been told by a couple of reliable contacts that the on-road BLR (with ~22% tax etc.) will be 34L . Takes it close to the Superb TSI which is at 36L.

However, I believe 3 series is easily 40+ in BLR.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 12:39   #94
BHPian

If they're charging 5L more than the regular Octavia 1.8 - missing out on Adaptive Dampers will be absolutely unacceptable. Currently the front differential and the significantly more powerful engine are the only advantages - but adaptive suspension would make this the ideal multipurpose vehicle - especially considering how bad our roads are during daily normal non-highway commutes. Also - 19 inch wheels would be a dream, but the 17's will make much more sense. Especially considering a single alloy replacement on my Vento TSI set me back by a whopping 22K - and the Octavia's are bound to be way more expensive.
ahmadnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 12:53   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have been told by a couple of reliable contacts that the on-road BLR (with ~22% tax etc.) will be 34L . Takes it close to the Superb TSI which is at 36L.

However, I believe 3 series is easily 40+ in BLR.
This is a more realistic price IMO as it is going to have a bigger engine, and likely more features than the Superb (seats, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
If they're charging 5L more than the regular Octavia 1.8 - missing out on Adaptive Dampers will be absolutely unacceptable. Currently the front differential and the significantly more powerful engine are the only advantages - but adaptive suspension would make this the ideal multipurpose vehicle - especially considering how bad our roads are during daily normal non-highway commutes. Also - 19 inch wheels would be a dream, but the 17's will make much more sense. Especially considering a single alloy replacement on my Vento TSI set me back by a whopping 22K - and the Octavia's are bound to be way more expensive.
I for one would be happy if they are able to price it at 5L over the 1.8 TSi Style, and given how every dealer seems to be saying so, it just could be true - it's going to definitely make it a lot harder for VW to sell the GTi inventory they have.
I still don't see how it could add up to a price difference of 5L (bigger engine, body kit, sports seats with alacantra, bigger alloys w/ hopefully better tyres than the NCT5s, etc.) unless they're reducing their profit margin on this car. Heck - I won't be surprised if the A6 comes with a 1.8TSi engine now instead of the 2.0TSi available earlier; and if that happens - this 2.0TSi engine is going to be very rare!
Old 21st August 2017, 13:25   #96
BHPian

The 3 series (had referred a few colleagues who bought them at that Corporate price) post discount would come to around ~36-37 Lacs on road in Bangalore (ofcourse not the top end versions), so for a few lacs more you'd get more snob value and surely a more reliable car than the Czech powerhouse.

Driving dynamics would also be miles ahead in the Beemer compared to the Octy but ofcourse in all fairness i haven't driven the new vRS yet so can't really comment on that.
KAUBMW7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
...the vRS is coming with the petrol 1.8 TSi ...
Why do I have a feeling that, amidst all the confusing info from various dealers, this might be nearer to the truth?

A 1.8TSI motor in a higher state of tune and some styling bits and trim additions and maybe the Corrida Red shade (which many people rate, along with Magic Black, as a colour that looks nice on Skodas) would make perfect business sense for the manufacturer especially at the rumoured 5L increase in prices?

Or is it something at the opposite end? I also faintly recollect some report many months ago that the vRS would be a full blown high spec CBU import with a price tag to match?
Old 21st August 2017, 14:37   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAUBMW7 View Post
The 3 series (had referred a few colleagues who bought them at that Corporate price) post discount would come to around ~36-37 Lacs on road in Bangalore (ofcourse not the top end versions), so for a few lacs more you'd get more snob value and surely a more reliable car than the Czech powerhouse.

I am guessing this is the base 320D that you are talking about, and that is surprising because with BLR Taxes, this would translate to an ex-showroom price of below 30L - almost a 10L discount on a 40L car! Is this post GST?

If that is true, it's a terrific deal - though it misses out on several features.

Back on topic:
I'd expect a fair share of enthusiasts to still pick the vRS over the base 320D - looks meaner, more practical, more features, and it's still quicker than the 320D (almost a second quicker to 100).
Not to mention that the vRS will be a lot more mod-friendly.

I sincerely hope they don't launch it with the 1.8TSi - gearbox is limited to 250nm (and very unreliable) - don't think they are selling the 1.8TSi with the 6 speed DSG anywhere in the world, and I don't think they have a better tune than the 189/192bhp version on the GTi/Superb.
Heck - the gearbox would be enough to make most enthusiasts forget about the car and go the base 320D at the prices you have mentioned.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 17:04   #99
BHPian

Just got off the phone with Vinayak Skoda in Bangalore. The sales guy mentioned that they have allocated 6 cars per dealership (125 cars pan-india) with an OTR price in Bangalore of around 31L expected. He confirmed that it will be the 2.0 petrol with 230 BHP, with only DSG option available. They are going to get a TD car next month.

IMHO its not a bad option for 5L more than the regular 1.8TSI, especially given the upgrades are way more than just cosmetic (engine, seats, suspension, etc). Ive owned my 1.8 for 6 years now, and it hasnt missed a beat. Had my eyes on the 330i which BMW has been very slow to offer, but this is quite a compelling option now. Confused!
nirav is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 05:35   #100
BHPian

I got in touch with my dealer today, who passed on the communication they received from Skoda India (picture attached). This confirms that at least initially they will only sell the Petrol version. No news on price yet, though he said they will announce it at the launch event in Mumbai on the 30th of this month. Let's just hope it's priced at sub 30 lakhs (on road Mumbai), else I shall cancel my booking.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20170821-13.00.10.jpeg  

rtm_8055 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:25   #101
BHPian

A car has arrived at the dealer. Attaching pictures.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-1.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-2.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-3.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-4.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-5.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-6.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-7.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-8.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-9.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-10.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd August 2017 at 08:34. Reason: Adding watermarks
rtm_8055 is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
A car has arrived at the dealer.
Beautiful pictures - the car really does look brilliant. Doesn't look like it's getting Dynamic Chasis Control though, the "driving modes" button is missing in the pictures - so no electronically adjustable suspension. Let's hope they price it accordingly though.

Spoke to the Skoda Prabhadevi Mumbai, and they say the car can be viewed in person at the showroom, but test drives will resume only after the launch on the 30th.

Also - they claim to have 15 bookings for the VRS already, with a one month waiting time at present.
ahmadnaik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:12   #103
BANNED

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-5.jpg

You look good. I will make you mine in 5-6 years time when your current owner dumps you.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd August 2017 at 08:35.
Sankar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:17   #104
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
A car has arrived at the dealer. Attaching pictures.
The most exciting post so far

I am closely following this thread, I check it every few hours to see what updates have surfaced.

The car looks fantastic in these pictures. For me it will be a toss up between this Race blue and the steel grey.

The million dollar question remains unanswered: what engine resides beneath that bonnet ?
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:31   #105
BHPian

2.0 TSI has been confirmed by the dealer. Probably in the 230 PS guise.
rtm_8055 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed