Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 16:53   #301
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Evo2 is very good tyre esp for grip and sportiness. But it is also firm, and if ride is harsh on vRS on our potholed roads, that's when one may need to trade for another. I posted a link of comparison by tirerack earlier in the thread.
All Performance Summer tyres will have have a harsher ride than regular All Season tyres Just because of the way they are designed, so just swapping one for another may not solve the issue of a harsh ride. Playing around with tyre pressure within limits is actually a better way to get a better balance between ride and handling according to me. Anyway, Nikhil is probably the last person who needs advice on tyres.

Cheers
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:02   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I think it's past high time we pulled up our socks and built standard quality roads everywhere and had acceptable grades of fuel available in our country to at least match global standards. Countries who were much more backward than us have beat us to it.

I mean, it's a shame that the manufacturer's have to downgrade their vehicles for use here. They're already going bonkers in the stuff they have to do do in the process compromising a lot on what the car was actually meant to be. We should think about that before calling ourselves "Global Economy" and what not. Not to sound negative but we should identify our shortcomings first in order to improve. That's real patriotism.

Just my two cents :P
YOU!! We need people like you! We should look our government to provide us with international quality infrastructure rather than ask the world to compromise for us. Even a tiny city/country like Mauritius has better roads than us. I won't go into first world countries. We cannot become a first world country with a third world mindset. Our country isn't poor by any stretch of the imagination! So if the diversion of funds stops, we might have our own Autobahns!
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The stock vRS is actually quite decent thanks to the stiffer suspension. I haven't had any issues as of now.
Hearty Congratulations Nikhil for the excellent car. After a long time, a car has induced that 'I want to buy it' feeling in me given the financial considerations of course.

I have 1 question for you. Does the DSG auto blip while down shifting in the VRS?

Thanks and wish you many happy KMs with her

Rachit
Old 6th September 2017, 20:00   #304
BHPian

We will only know in the long run. But till now no Octavia or Laura has had suspension issues. And just because suspension is made in India doesnt mean that ride comfort will be bad because of that.[/quote]

I think in all my excitement and panic to book i forgot to congratulate you! Congratulations on the car! I think you were the first, not just on Team BHP, but also in India maybe?
Old 6th September 2017, 22:49   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hearty Congratulations Nikhil for the excellent car. After a long time, a car has induced that 'I want to buy it' feeling in me given the financial considerations of course.

I have 1 question for you. Does the DSG auto blip while down shifting in the VRS?

Thanks and wish you many happy KMs with her

Rachit
Thanks Rachit.

I havent pushed the DSG in Sports mode. Will do so and let you know. But I've read that the DSG does auto blip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
We will only know in the long run. But till now no Octavia or Laura has had suspension issues. And just because suspension is made in India doesnt mean that ride comfort will be bad because of that.
I think in all my excitement and panic to book i forgot to congratulate you! Congratulations on the car! I think you were the first, not just on Team BHP, but also in India maybe?[/quote]

Thanks! Definitely was not the first in Bangalore, let alone India! I believe I was the 5th or 6th person in Bangalore.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 00:20   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Thanks Rachit.

I havent pushed the DSG in Sports mode. Will do so and let you know. But I've read that the DSG does auto blip!

Thanks! Definitely was not the first in Bangalore, let alone India! I believe I was the 5th or 6th person in Bangalore.
5th or 6th in Bangalore! Oh God! that means i could move heaven and earth and only be the 2nd person in my city to book this car, but i still might not get it in red! I can't wait till december. I might have to settle for White and maybe get it wrapped in another color later.
Old 7th September 2017, 08:51   #307

All right, I can see the activity on this thread has shot through the roof since the launch.

So yesterday, I went to see the car myself at Jai Auto, Gurgaon. Here are my two cents, and I will try to skip what's already been covered.

- Black on black interior with red stitching and carbon fiber trims look bloody brilliant. Very inviting cabin. I had a big grin behind that meaty flat bottom steering even when the car was stationary, and I can imagine the emotions when the wheels are turning.

- I was convinced that I would buy Steel Grey, but in person that colour seems a little dull IMO. But white is out of the equation and the dealer tells me that Red and Blue will be available later this year or early next year. Dealers in Mumbai also tell me the same thing.

- No test drive as no TD vehicle. Could only Rev the engine to get my kicks.

- Dealer told me that it comes with the Canton 11 speaker package like Superb. Heard the system, then started counting speakers only to realize that it's a standard 8 speaker setup and not the setup Superb has. If you have heard the Superb system, you know what I am talking about. That thing is literally "Next in Best Class". That was a downer.
- Asked the dealer if he could give me Canton in the Rs, but he said that won't be possible.

- Lastly, TD the superb since they share the same DSG. And what a Gear box it is. Buttery Smooth.

Any one has any info on how the cess is going affect the prices post 9th.

Can't wait to TD the car though the availability of a TD vehicle is in question..

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th September 2017 at 13:15. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post please
Kush Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 10:30   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
Any one has any info on how the cess is going affect the prices post 9th.
I was told that the prices may be increase by 1.5-1.7L here in Bangalore. They also seemed very confident that the GST council will recommend the full 10% cess increase after the meeting on 9th. Going by what I have seen with the central government, I doubt they will leave a penny behind for what they see as a "luxury" item. I also feel they may not wait for the Diwali period before hiking the cess (there was talk around this too).
Old 7th September 2017, 11:56   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
I was told that the prices may be increase by 1.5-1.7L here in Bangalore. They also seemed very confident that the GST council will recommend the full 10% cess increase after the meeting on 9th. Going by what I have seen with the central government, I doubt they will leave a penny behind for what they see as a "luxury" item. I also feel they may not wait for the Diwali period before hiking the cess (there was talk around this too).
Dealers in Delhi and Mumbai are not ready to talk of the revision, but slyly say it could be around 80K to 1.5L. Current price in Delhi is 28.5x and Bom 29.0x. (Without Skoda Maintenance package and Drive Assure insurance which adds about 40k and 50k respectively). Also, unsure if cess would be applicable with immediate effect or at a later date.

Asked them about the possibility of price lock if paid now. Seems difficult though.

Mod Note : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th September 2017 at 13:27. Reason: Note Inline
Kush Agarwal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th September 2017, 13:03   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Got to see the car today and it's a stunner. Some observations:

==========================

Overall, it's a good package and the pricing is sweet. They have already received around 15-20 bookings and the waiting time is 1 month. Weirdly, they dont go as per the date of booking. Car will be allotted to the person who brings in the cash first.

Waiting to TD the car.

=====
Naveenji, I'm guessing you went to Rajashree in Cochin. Did they say anything about the availability of the Race Blue colour?

And I was of the impression Skoda had one Nation one price until my dealer here in CLT quoted 26L Ex Showroom!!

What's the Ex Showroom and OTR price in Cochin?

The dealer said Blue won't be available here anytime soon so i might go for the White. What's your pick between White and Steel grey since you had seen the white in flesh.?

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th September 2017 at 13:07. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 7th September 2017, 13:22   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
Naveenji, I'm guessing you went to Rajashree in Cochin. Did they say anything about the availability of the Race Blue colour?

And I was of the impression Skoda had one Nation one price until my dealer here in CLT quoted 26L Ex Showroom!!

What's the Ex Showroom and OTR price in Cochin?

The dealer said Blue won't be available here anytime soon so i might go for the White. What's your pick between White and Steel grey since you had seen the white in flesh.?

Thanks
My dealer in Nashik quoted 24.62 ex showroom. On road at approx 29.5. Still waiting for a proper quotation.

I was told next lot for red and blue will only come next year. Can't wait that long, so i've decided to go with White. and since i own the 3M Car Care in Nashik, i'll probably get it wrapped soon enough. :P

Last edited by venom_op : 7th September 2017 at 13:23. Reason: spelling mistake
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 14:54   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. This was in Bangalore. Havent checked the Cochin dealer (Manikandan). I seriously doubt blue will be available since that's the most preferred color, then red (as per the dealer in Bangalore).

Also, there seems to be some difference in the rate as well. The dealer (Vinayak Skoda) where I went quoted 30.8L on road whereas I remember Nikhil mention 31.xxL and I think he got it from Tafe.

Frankly speaking, the white does look plain. And for a layman, it's just another Octavia. Blue and red will definitely turn heads. But if there's no other option, there's nothing that you can do right.

I suggest you call up Manikandan Skoda, Cochin and show your interest. These guys have been sitting idle right from the time they opened the showroom. There might be a chance here for Blue or atleast red.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 15:35   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. This was in Bangalore. Havent checked the Cochin dealer (Manikandan). I seriously doubt blue will be available since that's the most preferred color, then red (as per the dealer in Bangalore).

Also, there seems to be some difference in the rate as well. The dealer (Vinayak Skoda) where I went quoted 30.8L on road whereas I remember Nikhil mention 31.xxL and I think he got it from Tafe.

Frankly speaking, the white does look plain. And for a layman, it's just another Octavia. Blue and red will definitely turn heads. But if there's no other option, there's nothing that you can do right.

I suggest you call up Manikandan Skoda, Cochin and show your interest. These guys have been sitting idle right from the time they opened the showroom. There might be a chance here for Blue or atleast red.
Thanks Naveenji, I booked the RS with Manikandan today! Booked it in Steel Grey since none of the other colors are available. But since I was sure Blue was not available, was hoping to get my hands on white.

The thing is I have not seen Steel grey in flesh and have read mixed opinions on the looks of the grey colour on our forums. Even the home ministry is not in favor of the SG colour. But since that was the only available option went ahead and booked it.

Now awaiting the verdict on cess!

PS: Put white colour as the second preference.
Old 7th September 2017, 16:05   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveenji, I booked the RS with Manikandan today! Booked it in Steel Grey since none of the other colors are available. But since I was sure Blue was not available, was hoping to get my hands on white.
Oh congrats. Steel grey looks good in pictures. Atleast it's a bit different from the usual grey.

What's the waiting period? And most important - where exactly in Kerala are you located? . (Guess you would understand why I asked the question - free test drives ).
Old 7th September 2017, 17:18   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Oh congrats. Steel grey looks good in pictures. Atleast it's a bit different from the usual grey.

What's the waiting period? And most important - where exactly in Kerala are you located? . (Guess you would understand why I asked the question - free test drives ).
Hehe. I'm from CLT but I booked it with Manikandan. Even I'm yet to drive the 2017 RS.

Ping me next when you pass through!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks