Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 19:12   #316
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Sharing some pics that I received through WhatsApp. Some angles I like it. But still skeptical.

The B pillar is protective sticker right?
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0023.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0022.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0021.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0020.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0019.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0017.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0016.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0018.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0013.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170907wa0015.jpg  

bb8778 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:50   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
Sharing some pics that I received through WhatsApp. Some angles I like it. But still skeptical.

Yes, that's a protective sticker.

Have seen the SG in flesh. It's not glossy, but more of a solid matt finish. Definitely a unique colour which you won't find in other make an models.

One way to look at it is that (Race) Blue and (Corrida) Red could be seen on other cars as well, but this SG will be a RS exclusive. Plus the cars you overtake won't know what hit them because of how discreet SG looks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:59   #318
BHPian

Never thought I'd book a car without seeing it in flesh net alone doing a TD.! If it wasn't for the RS I doubt I would've taken the plunge.

Only ruing the fact that I didn't book it earlier or on Sept 1st at least.
bb8778 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 21:25   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
Have seen the SG in flesh. It's not glossy, but more of a solid matt finish. Definitely a unique colour which you won't find in other make an models.

One way to look at it is that (Race) Blue and (Corrida) Red could be seen on other cars as well, but this SG will be a RS exclusive. Plus the cars you overtake won't know what hit them because of how discreet SG looks
Hit them like a block of cement!

Quote:
Never thought I'd book a car without seeing it in flesh net alone doing a TD.! If it wasn't for the RS I doubt I would've taken the plunge.

Only ruing the fact that I didn't book it earlier or on Sept 1st at least.
Same boat as you brother! This is going to be the first petrol car we've bought since 2006! And my last petrol car was a Hyundai Santro!!

Same as you, No TD, Not even a showroom car to have a look at! And just like you, didn't get it in the color I wanted (Red)!

Last edited by aah78 : 7th September 2017 at 23:28. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 22:29   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Same boat as you brother! This is going to be the first petrol car we've bought since 2006! And my last petrol car was a Hyundai Santro!!

Same as you, No TD, Not even a showroom car to have a look at! And just like you, didn't get it in the color i wanted(Red)!
Congratulations on your Booking. When did you book your white RS and what date are you promised the delivery would be by?

This is infact the first petrol car in our family all the previous ones from the Amby to the Indigo to the Swift and finally the Innova are all Diesel!

And not only did I not see the car nor TD it but I did not even visit the showroom for the booking and made the payment online. Got my receipts and Proforma invoice today itself.

When I did go to the showroom here last month to check out one remaining stock of pre-facelift Octavia the RS wasn't launched yet and they did not have a TD vehicle nor a display vehicle for the New Octavia. Hence I've still not seen the 2017 Octavia in flesh. Going purely by the pics and forums here on TBHP.

So yes technically I'm a New Octavia 2017 virgin considering I've not even seen it yet!

Things the RS makes you do.!!
Old 7th September 2017, 22:34   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Skoda has named this color Steel Grey in India but in the other established markets Skoda already sells in, this color is called Nardo Grey and it's a rage. It's one of the best colors Skoda has got.

I recommend a proper day light view and review before making a color decision. It's a fantastic one.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 22:52   #322
BHPian

Here's a video of the launch control in the vRS

Old 8th September 2017, 00:29   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Here's a video of the launch control in the vRS
This guy was the best driver of the lot. According to me. Very precise and yet super quick.

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th September 2017 at 11:36. Reason: Video removed from quote for ease of reading. Thanks
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:21   #324
BHPian

Guys, took delivery of my "Boring" (Don't want the extra attention) White RS yesterday from Autobahn Prabhadevi with the kids. Changed the tyre pressure to 30 psi (as per Nikhil's Thread) and topped her up with speed 97 worth 4500inr. Too early for any initial observations but will update here soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-file.jpeg  

Last edited by esma1981 : 8th September 2017 at 11:29.
esma1981 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 16:15   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your Booking. When did you book your white RS and what date are you promised the delivery would be by?

This is infact the first petrol car in our family all the previous ones from the Amby to the Indigo to the Swift and finally the Innova are all Diesel!

And not only did I not see the car nor TD it but I did not even visit the showroom for the booking and made the payment online. Got my receipts and Proforma invoice today itself.

When I did go to the showroom here last month to check out one remaining stock of pre-facelift Octavia the RS wasn't launched yet and they did not have a TD vehicle nor a display vehicle for the New Octavia. Hence I've still not seen the 2017 Octavia in flesh. Going purely by the pics and forums here on TBHP.

So yes technically I'm a New Octavia 2017 virgin considering I've not even seen it yet!

Things the RS makes you do.!!
Indeed! The things the RS makes you do! I booked mine this Tuesday, I believe. I haven't been allotted a car yet but being only the second RS in the City, I'm sure skoda will want to have at least 2 RS in the city.

I was promised delivery in 10 days but will only take delivery in maybe Navratri to avoid Pitru paksha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Guys, took delivery of my "Boring" (Don't want the extra attention) White RS yesterday from Autobahn Prabhadevi with the kids. Changed the tyre pressure to 30 psi (as per Nikhil's Thread) and topped her up with speed 97 worth 4500inr. Too early for any initial observations but will update here soon.
Congratulations! White is the perfect color for a sleeper. Also, doesn't look half bad! With a gloss black roof and mirror and grill wrap, it should be perfect!

Last edited by venom_op : 8th September 2017 at 16:17. Reason: Adding content
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:10   #326
BHPian

Quote:

I was promised delivery in 10 days but will only take delivery in maybe Navratri to avoid Pitru paksha.
In case you are in no hurry to get her you may send her my way.!!

I'm only waiting to see what happens tomorrow regarding the cess. Fingers crossed.
Old 8th September 2017, 17:29   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Congratulation Esma! I guess yours is the first Bombay TBHPian's Octavia RS.
RajBajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:31   #328
BHPian

Quote:
In case you are in no hurry to get her you may send her my way.!!

I'm only waiting to see what happens tomorrow regarding the cess. Fingers crossed.
Haha! But I thought you booked the grey? Anyway, Skoda has a lottery system it seems. We will only know in a couple of days if the car has been allotted to us.

I assume tomorrow is just a meeting to approve the hike in cess. Once that is decided the proposal will be sent to the finance ministry for approval. That will take some time and hopefully we get our cars before that. Or I may have completely misunderstood how this works and they hike it immediately. Who knows?

But I sincerely hope that the govt listens to the pleas of both the consumer and the Automotive companies and decides to hike the cess after the festive season. Otherwise they will be raining on the parade of way too many people this festive season.
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:42   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! But I thought you booked the grey? Anyway, Skoda has a lottery system it seems
Oh it's complicated

I wanted the Race Blue, they don't have stock.
Second option was White. Again they don't have stock and as per the showroom guy they cannot take or make a booking against a colour that is not in stock. So he asked me to make my booking in SG before that too runs out.

He said he will try to move mine to white if and when a cancellation comes in due to cess or of white becomes available.

God alone knows what I will get finally!
Old 8th September 2017, 21:15   #330
BANNED

I am following this thread since day 1 and have talked to both Tafe Access, Bangalore and Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore. I also went to Tafe last week to test drive the vehicle, though it wasn't available and the sales executive "Vikram" said they are expecting a TD vehicle next week. Though looking at others replies, I am not sure they are getting it this week.

Here are my learning and input of 4 weeks research and talking to sales executives in Bangalore.

1. Tafe had a customer grey vRS which they were using as a display. I thoroughly went through the car and found the seats of vRS to be really firm. I understand this being sporty car and having bucket seats, but since I am going to only use it for city ride with average usage of 500KM per month, I am not sure I can really utilize the power of the car and other sporty features.

2. Nikhil and few others mentioned about firm suspensions too which though expected in such car, is little concerning considering currently bangalore roads looks like moon craters and for me, comfortable ride is a must.

3. I love black color but somehow found everything black in the car somewhat dull and gloomy. Though it is too early to comment on this with just few mins of inspection and the car being under the shades.

4. I will again talk to Tafe tomorrow and will see if I can test drive the car. I did TD Octavia 2017 and really liked it. It was Style Plus as they don't have L&K currently. Between Octavia L&K 2017 and vRS, other then engine, seats and front, there is no difference (I may be wrong though).

I am in no rush though and won't put my hard earn 32L in a car without being fully satisfied with it. I will wait for few more feedback from Team-BHP users and will keep checking other

5. On the side note, I had talked to both Vinayak and Tafe in 2014 too when I was looking to buy Skoda Rapid and found Tafe to be far more professional then Vinayak Skoda. There sales team indeed "make up" things in real time where as Tafe sales guys say what it is.

Even for Octavia 2017, last month Vinayak Skoda guys told me Style Plus is the top end model and when I said L&K should be replacing it, they said - "Oh yes, sorry about it, totally forgot". I am sure they are nice guys, it is just that when you are selling such premium cars, you are expected to be fully well informed and honest.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed