Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 19:42   #361
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Any update on allocation? I was told by the ASM for Skoda that my vehicle is allocated. I will be notified when it's put in production and that delivery would only be after the 25th. Strange. I thought Skoda had already produced all the RS's. Turns out they've reached production limit on the Red and Blue and only the last batch of White and Grey is going to be produced.

He also said something about having only a limited run of 150 RS cars (wasn't it 300?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Are all car/Limited edition launches this messed up and confusing? I don't think I've ever seen such a confusing mess ever before.

I believe i did read somewhere that every VRS launch has been like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
There are all sorts of numbers being thrown. I heard of an original lot of 750 which was trimmed to 300. Now this 150.

I am also guessing the limited run (if there is one) is on an annual basis as the Bangalore dealer is speaking of next run of Reds and Blues being available from Jan 2018.
I just had a word with my dealer. My vehicle is also allotted and he said he will be able to give any update regarding the delivery only post 20th!

He said the concerned person informed that he was getting numerous calls from all the dealers enquiring the same everyday and that he has only the same answer to give "Patience" and will inform by next week.

Regarding the number of vehicles

He informed that the initial lot if production planned was 750 and they've already received over 750 bookings and have been asked to not accept any more bookings by Skoda.

Regarding the colour number game

As always more number of RS planned for production was White due to the historical demand for the colour.

Red & Blue he was not sure of the numbers but said it should be in the 100s to 150s.
Race Blue is in demand all over and the numbers are also proportionately less.

Steel Grey is what they consider as their "flagship" colour is what he said. So SG is also produced in more numbers. Plus he also added that SG colour of RS is unique to RS from the Skoda stable and no other car from Skoda has the SG.

Coming to think of it, I have not seen SG on any cars here in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regarding the next Lot

He did not have any information on the number of cars in production or to be produced in the next Lot but confirmed that next Lot would be available by December!

Any one else here has any info on the above, please shed some light.
Old 12th September 2017, 21:02   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
I just had a word with my dealer. My vehicle is also allotted and he said he will be able to give any update regarding the delivery only post 20th!

He said the concerned person informed that he was getting numerous calls from all the dealers enquiring the same everyday and that he has only the same answer to give "Patience" and will inform by next week.

Regarding the number of vehicles

He informed that the initial lot if production planned was 750 and they've already received over 750 bookings and have been asked to not accept any more bookings by Skoda.

Regarding the colour number game

As always more number of RS planned for production was White due to the historical demand for the colour.

Red & Blue he was not sure of the numbers but said it should be in the 100s to 150s.
Race Blue is in demand all over and the numbers are also proportionately less.

Steel Grey is what they consider as their "flagship" colour is what he said. So SG is also produced in more numbers. Plus he also added that SG colour of RS is unique to RS from the Skoda stable and no other car from Skoda has the SG.

Coming to think of it, I have not seen SG on any cars here in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regarding the next Lot

He did not have any information on the number of cars in production or to be produced in the next Lot but confirmed that next Lot would be available by December!

Any one else here has any info on the above, please shed some light.
The only thing i forgot to mention in my last post was that i was told that steel grey was the only color that was readily available and that if i wanted to change my booking to the SG i can get delivery on the first day of Navratri for sure. So i think you might probably get your car before mine.

I have told him that i want delivery of my White car during Navratri.

God! Did Skoda not plan for this?
Old 12th September 2017, 21:26   #363
BHPian

Did anyone get any update on the price hike for the RS post the cess?
Old 13th September 2017, 10:48   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I think (rather hope) the fuel cap say says "Min 95/91 Ron", which means 95 Octane is recommended for full potential performance, but it can manage with 91 Octane which will blunt performance. The same recommendation has always been given for other VAG cars with 1.8/1.2 TSI engines. They run fine on 91 Octane petrol.

Regular BP Speed and HP Power are just detergent mixed petrol which help keep injectors clean. The have the same octane rating as the regular fuel viz 91. Only Speed 97 / Power 99 have higher Octane ratings. Its very difficult to run the car exclusively on high octane petrol due to scarce availability. Once you top up regular fuel, the ECU retards the timing to prevent engine knocking. It then takes a couple of tankfills of 97 for the ECU to readapt to its original tune.

Edit : Just read some previous posts. It says Min 95 Ron only. No mention of 91. That is a small matter of concern. In any case just regular branded fuel will not offer any advantage over normal petrol.
Hi Forum,

Did some more digging on the EA888 engine and common problems and came accross the following info.

Basis this report it would seem that filling fuel which has detergent (Speed/Power/Xtra Premium) will definitely help in the long run.

"
https://www.carworklog.com/2016/06/2...-gen-3-engine/

Common issues, tips and tricks for the 2.0t EA888 Gen 3 engine
June 28, 2016 Jovian

Easily the most popular article I wrote was the Common issues, tips and tricks for the 2.0t FSI BPY engine. People seemed to find it very useful so I figured I would make another for this engine too. Though I have to admit this EA888 Gen3 engine is significantly more reliable and has less quirks. That doesnt mean it is free from problems so lets go over them. This article will be a little sparse at first but over time I will add more items to it as problems are discovered with this engine.

Engine valve buildup:

Just like any direct inject engine that doesn’t have multi port injection or something similar to clean it, this engine gets carbon buildup over time. Because of the way the fuel injection works the gunk can buildup overtime on the valves by oil and junk flowing through the PCV system to the valves. to the left is a picture of what valves can look like overtime. Europe did get MPI (multi port injection) on the EA888 Gen 3 engine but sadly this feature did not make it over to the US.
Loss in performance is a sign that this might be happening. But that is also a very vague sign that could be the result of a lot of things.

If you already have buildup the best way to resolve it is take it apart and clean it. This is a very time-consuming task or expensive if you have a shop do it. You could try using a cleaning solution like Seafoam or BG Induction Cleaning that doesn’t require taking everything apart.

Another option is to install a catch can. This will catch the foreign contaminates in the PCV system before they get to the valves. You will need to empty the catch can every so often. A good time is when you do your oil changes. Another option is the “Italian tuneup” which is running your engine at higher RPM’s occasionally to burn off any buildup you engine has. If you are a spirited driver this may not be necessary but for those conservative/commuters this can help.

The best thing you can do to prevent buildup is use higher end gas. The cheap gas has less cleaning additives that don’t help this situation."

Best Regards,
Harsh.
HarshD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 11:07   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
Did anyone get any update on the price hike for the RS post the cess?
Ex-showroom should go up by ~80K unless Skoda absorbs some of the hike. This is based on similar priced Superb, and the GST cess that was levied on it (and assuming its a big car as its > 1.5l, so 5% extra cess)
Old 13th September 2017, 11:19   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Ex-showroom should go up by ~80K unless Skoda absorbs some of the hike. This is based on similar priced Superb, and the GST cess that was levied on it (and assuming its a big car as its > 1.5l, so 5% extra cess)
This is very similar to what the Indore dealer said. A hike of approx. 85k is expected.

This is not as bad as we all had expected and the RS is definitely worth it at even 29.5 onroad in Indore (If price goes up by 80k) including the 4 year maintenance package.
Old 13th September 2017, 14:37   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
This is very similar to what the Indore dealer said. A hike of approx. 85k is expected.

This is not as bad as we all had expected and the RS is definitely worth it at even 29.5 onroad in Indore (If price goes up by 80k) including the 4 year maintenance package.
Right. Definitely not as bad as 10% hike in cess! Road Tax on the ~80-85k also has to be considered. In BLR, this would be 15-16K additional in OTR, insurance may also go up a couple of thousand.
Old 13th September 2017, 17:44   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
4 year maintenance package of 39999 is not applicable on the RS.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:17   #369
BHPian

VRS on-road price quoted at Vinayak Cars Bangalore was 30,83,113/- before the cess.

Post cess, this is now 32,22,669 with a difference of 1,39,557.

This does not include the 4 year maintenance package.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:32   #370
BHPian

Guys here is the updated price list from their official website.

Rs. 25,48,644

That means Ex-Showroom has increased by Rs. 86,102!

Link : http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/o...-rs/octavia-rs

Last edited by aah78 : 13th September 2017 at 19:55. Reason: Typos.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:34   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
It was made available to me formally by Skoda for the RS.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:40   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
It was made available to me formally by Skoda for the RS.
I've not spoken to anyone from Skoda directly, but the Mumbai dealer is very confidently telling me it's not. Incase you have some literature regarding this from Skoda, I would appreciate if you could upload on the thread.
Old 13th September 2017, 18:49   #373
BHPian

Quote:
I've not spoken to anyone from Skoda directly, but the Mumbai dealer is very confidently telling me it's not. Incase you have some literature regarding this from Skoda, I would appreciate if you could upload on the thread.
Sharing the price list as provided by the dealer with RS clearly having the PMS package.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170913_184254.jpg  

Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 19:24   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it ? The pricing sheet from Vinayak Skoda showed 39999 for 4-year maintenance though I was wondering if vRS maintenance cost can be same as 1.8TSI.
Old 13th September 2017, 19:39   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Is it ? The pricing sheet from Vinayak Skoda showed 39999 for 4-year maintenance though I was wondering if vRS maintenance cost can be same as 1.8TSI.
The 4-year maintenance doesn't cover the cost of wear and tear parts or those which are covered under standard/extended warranty.

So essentially only those filters/fluids, checks and cost of associated labour for four services (4 years/60,000KM whichever is earlier) are covered by the PMS package. The cost of these are identical for a 1.8TSI and 2.0TSI as filters/fluids and replacement intervals are the same. The only extra for the vRS would be the replacement of DSG fluid and filter during 4th year/60,000KM service (vRS having DG250 DSG and 1.8TSI having DQ200 DSG), but then again it is the same case as 2.0TDI DSG.

So when it comes to PMS, the quoted price is normal. Replacing wear and tear parts like the brake rotors/pads will be more expensive, but these are not under the scope of PMS package.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed