Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 22:42   #391
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Autocar India Video Review :

Autocar V Box : 0-100 - 6.6 seconds
Is it just me or the reviewer lacks the excitement in the review?
Not blaming the lovely car at all but the reviewer.
Old 16th September 2017, 23:13   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Is it just me or the reviewer lacks the excitement in the review?
Not blaming the lovely car at all but the reviewer.
Normally, I'm not a fan of ACI video reviews, but the presenter here did a fabulous job of reviewing the car, in my opinion.

Excitement is good, but one of the virtues of a good reporter is neutrality.. and this particular ACI presenter has just that!

That said, I was hoping for it to be a little more in-depth. Guess we will have to wait for the T-BHP review for that.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 19:34   #393
BHPian

So finally taking delivery of my car tomorrow. I had booked the Race Blue initially but later shifted to Steel Grey.

Many of you are having doubts regarding this particular colour. I was confused too initially but after seeing the car in the flesh, I must say all my doubts were put to rest. This is a colour that looks different viewed head on as compared to pictures. Also it takes on different hues based on the external lighting (50 shades of grey?). Overall a very unique colour, if a slightly subtle, and one which will easily help identify a vRS from a distance.

Will put up pics soon. Again, it looks different from the pics

Thanks to dockap for these pics of my car
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170913wa00141.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170913wa00151.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170913wa00161.jpg  

carfreak is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 21:09   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

That steal (?) grey is the only color I would get this car in. What an uber cool sleeper! Very understated and cool.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 22:11   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/skoda-...lour-guide-016

Useful guide on the UK Octavia colours. Looks like the Candy White, Corrida Red and Meteor (Steel?) Grey colours on the vRS are non-metallic. Only the Race Blue is metallic.

Does that mean anything in our conditions given that VAG paint is usually top quality?
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-115761d3ea1d92ffd82c3490e961795aa7a5d6ed.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-b212be2495ec73f7683a3ea9b3f1b738e0e5b320.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-73b500f8e598b724b4174cf64ce0b8c169d62cf8.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-2fb8133231e94669d87592cf0ced2d8617383374.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th September 2017 at 22:16. Reason: Clarity
Old 18th September 2017, 00:59   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Useful guide on the UK Octavia colours. Looks like the Candy White, Corrida Red and Meteor (Steel?) Grey colours on the vRS are non-metallic. Only the Race Blue is metallic.

Does that mean anything in our conditions given that VAG paint is usually top quality?
When I got my 1.8 TSI last year, I was super confused between white and silver. Finally settled for silver since I figured out the white was a non-metallic paint. However the dealer told me that the Octy has a 4 year warranty on the paint and there's no reason to worry whether or not the paint is metallic.
Old 18th September 2017, 02:15   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
When I got my 1.8 TSI last year, I was super confused between white and silver. Finally settled for silver since I figured out the white was a non-metallic paint. However the dealer told me that the Octy has a 4 year warranty on the paint and there's no reason to worry whether or not the paint is metallic.
I've not seen one upfront, but from all the photos I've seen, the Quartz Grey on the Octavia(not vRS) is also metallic.

Details like paint and/or wheels design etc tend to differ in various markets, I think.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th September 2017 at 19:55. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 18th September 2017, 19:38   #398
BHPian

Here is Overdrive's review:
petrolhead_neel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 23:13   #399

Finally closed the deal on my Steel Grey VRS today. Was in touch with the dealer pre cess applicstion, and even put down a booking amount earlier. But GST price revision could not be avoided since Registration date post cess application. Took an additional hit ot 1.2L.:-(

The only car I have ever bought without as much as a test drive. I would not put down a penny without a TD of even the big three, (Merc, Audi, and Beamer). However, this car is in a difficult league all together.

The emotions this car gets flowing in me makes the additional hit of 1L worth every cent. Delivery this Navratri. Yohoooo!!!!
Kush Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 01:14   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
Finally closed the deal on my Steel Grey VRS today. Was in touch with the dealer pre cess applicstion, and even put down a booking amount earlier. But GST price revision could not be avoided since Registration date post cess application. Took an additional hit ot 1.2L.:-(

The only car I have ever bought without as much as a test drive. I would not put down a penny without a TD of even the big three, (Merc, Audi, and Beamer). However, this car is in a difficult league all together.

The emotions this car gets flowing in me makes the additional hit of 1L worth every cent. Delivery this Navratri. Yohoooo!!!!

Did the dealer bill the car earlier from the company? registration will have smaller impact compared to car being billed later. E.g. dealer bills car at X from Skoda (pre cess increase) - he can only sell at X + road tax + other charges + margin. He can't profit from the increased prices.
Old 19th September 2017, 05:27   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Did the dealer bill the car earlier from the company? registration will have smaller impact compared to car being billed later. E.g. dealer bills car at X from Skoda (pre cess increase) - he can only sell at X + road tax + other charges + margin. He can't profit from the increased prices.
Well yes. He did. But now he expressed his inability to bill at that price as a result of some Government Order that made it compulsory to factor in the additional cess.
Old 19th September 2017, 08:16   #402
BHPian

Congrats on the booking! Hope you get her soon.

Quote:
Well yes. He did. But now he expressed his inability to bill at that price as a result of some Government Order that made it compulsory to factor in the additional cess.
I'M in the same boat mate, (but with a Tiguan.) Thinking of saving quite a bit of money and picking up this instead.
Old 19th September 2017, 08:25   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If invoice is generated before 11th, then old cess will apply. Road tax at rto may vary depending on how rto goes about its calculation.
For invoice to be generated, chassis no / Vin has to be assigned from factory, and car must have been Manufactured already at time of invoice.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 10:24   #404
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations sir!! Still waiting to hear back from Skoda on my delivery date. I've reached a point where i've told them that color is irrelevant as long as i get delivery during Navratri!
Old 19th September 2017, 11:13   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Congrats on the booking! Hope you get her soon.
Thanks Nanu28. I feel like an exited kid about to get his first toy. Except this time it comes with 230 horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
If invoice is generated before 11th, then old cess will apply. Road tax at rto may vary depending on how rto goes about its calculation.
For invoice to be generated, chassis no / Vin has to be assigned from factory, and car must have been Manufactured already at time of invoice.
I agree. The dealer apparently played funny with me. He smelled the blood and went for the kill, since he was quite sure that this idiot (thats me) will buy the car, cess or no cess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Congratulations sir!! Still waiting to hear back from Skoda on my delivery date. I've reached a point where i've told them that color is irrelevant as long as i get delivery during Navratri!
From what I know, being limited to 150 units, each and every car is already allotted to a customer. As these cars are not made to order, they should be available ex stock with the dealer depending on the number of units he has procured from Skodá India. Since your dealer is unsure even about the colour, I have my doubts if he even has the car in his/her stock. Be sure to check with the dealer about your delivery date, as they might push your delivery for the January lot of Vrs. (Again limited).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed