Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 16:47   #541
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Congrats on your new ride. On a side note, tell your cousin, Ameeth that KD says hi. Small world indeed!!
Thank you KD.

Haha small world it is indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Congrats on a beautiful car! The Steel Grey looks subtle but elegant. It cna look a bit dull but it performs brilliantly as a sleeper!

The colour is unique and that actually attracts more eyeballs.

Wish you lots of happy and safe driving.
Thank you Nikhil.

Oh it sure is a sleeper. A Super Salvage sleeper it is! And it sure does attract a lot of eyeballs. Today it was someone at the petrol pump who came up to me and congratulated me on the "Awesome colour".

Made my day!

Regards,
Vivek
bb8778 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 13:04   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally drove the vRS this weekend and boy, what a beast!!
Yes - it doesn't shove you in the backseat, but the steering was nimble around town, the suspension was very well balanced, and the way the exhaust burbled when upshifting near the redline was pure love! At it's price, only a pre-owned 330i will give as much pleasure (that too, if one can get a pre-owned well maintained 330i at any where close to 30L OTR)
Can't wait for the next batch to come in!

BTW, Autobahn Prabhadevi is confident of steel grey making it's way in the next batch. Red, Blue, and White will be the other colors offered. No black according to them.
I sincerely hope this is true!

EDIT: Point of reference is our old Laura DSG Diesel.

Last edited by lamborghini : 30th October 2017 at 13:08.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 19:40   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Yes - it doesn't shove you in the backseat
What does this mean?
And you say the reference is old Laura diesel!!!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 20:30   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What does this mean?
Diesel torque hits harder, lower in the rev range and often assists the seat of the pants dyno. Completely irrelevant to whether a car is actually faster or not. Was talking to a Octavia TDI Stage 1+ owner who also feels that his car hits harder and is faster to 100kph after he drove the vRS.

Real answers can only be found using a vbox or a drag race on a closed road.
jalajprakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 13:34   #545
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Just took the delivery of my Steel Grey vRS last week. Will try to make a new thread when I get the time. Till then, sharing some pics from 'D' day.

Cheers..!!
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-1.jpeg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-2.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-3.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-4.jpg  

carrazy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 13:46   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What does this mean?
My Laura has been remapped - the push you get from the torque is a lot more dramatic with wheels spinning and as JalajPrakash explained below - the torque comes around 1800rpm and tapers off by 3500-3700rpm.

Don't get me wrong though, the vRS is definitely quicker and a whole lot more fun to drive! But the engine feels a little more linear than the Laura TDi. Plus, due to better tyres, launch isn't as dramatic either.

When we got the Laura in 2012, an upgrade from the fiesta - I missed the tighter handling (not in terms of pure speed around a corner, but the way it would point and shoot) and feedback. This is what made the Laura miss out on the connect I had with the fiesta (IIRC I mentioned it elsewhere on the forum that in terms of connect the Laura is 85/90% of what the Fiesta was) - even though it was a far superior car overall. The vRS addresses these issues, and goes a step further!

I initially wanted to keep the Laura for 2 more years till it clocked 1L kms - it is a brilliant car and one that I am happy I picked up, but the vRS itch was there and it was only further compounded with the changing automobile landscape (EV 2030).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Diesel torque hits harder, lower in the rev range and often assists the seat of the pants dyno. Completely irrelevant to whether a car is actually faster or not. Was talking to a Octavia TDI Stage 1+ owner who also feels that his car hits harder and is faster to 100kph after he drove the vRS.

Real answers can only be found using a vbox or a drag race on a closed road.
The Stage I Octavia TDi wouldn't be a match for a stock vRS in terms of numbers and experience. At most it will be a 0-100 in 8 seconds, but the vRS is still quicker; similarly even at speed the vRS should hit 200 a lot quicker and still continue to lumber on.
It's just the manner in which the torque hits in the diesel Octavia - as you explained yourself.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 14:38   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Don't get me wrong though, the vRS is definitely quicker and a whole lot more fun to drive! But the engine feels a little more linear than the Laura TDi.

It's just the manner in which the torque hits in the diesel Octavia - as you explained yourself.
First off, thank you lamborghini for sharing these thoughts. I was really thinking that you are going to get bombarded for posting that the Laura TDI feels quicker than the Octavia vRS !!

I for one can totally relate to this feeling. The first time I drove the Punto Abarth after driving my 1.6 GT for over 2yrs, I couldn't really figure out what the hype was all about.
Surely the Abarth is quicker, but the way the 1.6 GT puts the power down was a bit scary.

This is the same feeling which I got when I first drove the KTM RC 390 from the first batch, and then recently my bro's CBR 650F.
The former feels scary since its frantic, and though the 650F can breach the 200Km mark in a hurry, it somehow did not really scare me as much
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 18:59   #548
BHPian

Quote:
The Stage I Octavia TDi wouldn't be a match for a stock vRS in terms of numbers and experience. At most it will be a 0-100 in 8 seconds, but the vRS is still quicker; similarly even at speed the vRS should hit 200 a lot quicker and still continue to lumber on.
The Octavia TDi owner in question is also the 2017 Ameo Junior Cup Champion so I'm sure he speaks from experience and if he feels that his car is faster to 100, it is worth exploring at the least. His car has a straight pipe exhaust and a very aggressive tune so it is definitely a possibility. There are already a few vRS in our local enthusiast group and whether the Stage 1+ Octavia TDi is able to beat the vRS to the ton, we'll find out by next weekend. No question that the vRS will outrun the TDi post 100kph.
jalajprakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 14:50   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Our vRS Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Octavia vRS vs BMW 330i

Last edited by GTO : 2nd November 2017 at 13:18. Reason: Linking to review :)
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks