Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 18:47   #196
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia RS launched at Rs. 24.62 lakh

Skoda has launched the Octavia RS in India. The flagship variant of the Octavia is priced at Rs. 24.62 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skoda-octavia-rs.jpg

The front gets a glossy black grille with chrome surround and the RS logo. It is flanked by full-LED headlights which come with integrated LED DRLs, similar to the standard car. The front bumper features angular creases and large intakes. Moving to the rear, the RS gets a rear spoiler. The redesigned rear bumper houses twin stainless steel tail pipes.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-octaviars2.jpg

The Octavia RS gets an all-black interior with red accent and stitching. It gets 12-way electrically adjustable sport seats with Alcantara upholstery and memory function. The flat-bottom, 3-spoke multi-functional sports steering wheel comes wrapped in perforated leather. Paddle shifts placed behind the wheel allow for quick gear changes. It also gets leather gear knob with RS logo, an RS themed instrument panel and sill plates with RS logo. The Octavia RS comes with dual-zone climate control, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, LED ambient lighting and panoramic electric sunroof.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-octaviars.jpg

At the heart of the Octavia RS is a 2.0-litre, turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 227 BHP and 350 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed dual-clutch transmission with sport mode which drives the front wheels. Skoda claims that the Octavia RS will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 6.8 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-octaviars1.jpg

The RS sits 15 mm lower than the regular Octavia. It is equipped with an electronically regulated XDS+ limited-slip differential that gets activated when lateral acceleration reaches 0.15 g. It uses a variable ratio steering rack and rides on 17-inch alloy wheels. It gets disc brakes all around with red painted calipers.

Other standard features offered on the new Octavia RS include cruise control, hands-free parking, adaptive headlights, ABS, ESC with multi-collision brake, fatigue alert, 8 airbags, keyless entry with engine start/stop button, etc.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 18:58   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia RS launched at Rs. 24.62 lakh

The only thing I really see missing is the Canton Music System, but the car looks drool worthy!

The demo car desperately needs better number plates too!
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:08   #198
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more images.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-_mg_0445.jpg
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-_mg_0449.jpg
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-_mg_0444.jpg
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:27   #199
Team-BHP Support

Is there some sort of an embargo for the snap of the engine bay?! Couldn't find a single one so far.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st September 2017 at 21:04.
Old 1st September 2017, 19:27   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

If there was one car that begged for a sport variant, it was the new Octavia. It looks extremely sporty even in the standard guise & the RS takes it leaps ahead.

Just loved the blue colour. Very good package of aggressive styling, superb power-train & bells and whistles. Electronically limited 250kmph.

The enthusiasts are going to do somersaults for this one. I have drool all over my keyboard even right now! The price-tag seems a tad steep. But then adrenaline is one costly chemical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The only thing I really see missing is the Canton Music System, but the car looks drool worthy!

The demo car desperately needs better number plates too!
Hadn't noticed the plates earlier as was only looking at the rest of the car. Went back and checked the plates & now my eyes burn!! . Good catch mate!

Similarly - the rear spoiler doesn't really match too well. It looks like they picked the spoiler from POLO GT SPORT and pasted it here. Its curvy & does not blend well with the otherwise sharp chiseled looks of the car.

EDIT - does it get paddle shifters? Very very sad on VAG/Skoda's part to miss out on such a thing in this car.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st September 2017 at 19:43.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:46   #201
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Cannot hold my happiness! The Octy vRS is simply delicious! This is my kind of a car. If I had this kind of money for a new set of wheels, I would not even consider something else, at least new. This car is so special and well rounded at the same time. Received some pictures over WhatsApp, won't be sharing them all but here's a couple of them, with the sender's permission of course!
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0012.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0013.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0014.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0011.jpg

The vRS stitching on the seats look so yummy! Alcantara leather finish, that's what it's called, if I am not wrong? The whole car has this sporty vibe which inevitably reminds me of the erstwhile Fiesta 1.6S. Indian enthusiasts deserve this kind of cars at reasonable prices and I am so glad that Skoda has brought this to our shores. For someone still in school, this is turning out to be such an inspiration, something to work hard for! Trust me when I say this, I am considering putting a picture of this one in the blue shade just to keep me motivated before exams, such is the effect of this car for me.

Regards,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 20:38   #202
BHPian

Though the raised stance brings much needed practicality, it somehow dilutes the aggressiveness of the design. Overall, it lacks the desirability of the previous generation Octavia vRS.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 1st September 2017 at 20:43.
Old 1st September 2017, 21:01   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I disagree with this. Skoda service has come a long long way and I wouldn't be so quick to discount them. This is coming from someone who's faced multiple breakdowns in the past two years itself. They're actually putting in a visible effort.

They also have on offer some comprehensive service plans now. 4 years long and some benefits.

Apart from the DQ200 cars, I'd give Skoda cars a serious look.
I agree with you, I have been a Skoda customer for 5 years now, and haven't faced any issues while servicing except once when I was charged 300 rupees extra for getting a battery replaced. And I was blown away with the changed Service experience when my car went to the service centre last month as the AC was not working. I was a bit upset when they gave me a booking two days after the day I had called, but the next experience more than made up for it. Continuous and extremely detailed updates and the right price for fixing the AC issue and a quick delivery. There is something very right happening with the ASCs right now.

I believe their cars are extremely VFM to buy and maintain and the RS is the one I have my eyes set. The only thing to worry about is whether to get it in "Red" or "Blue"

If I wasn't bootstrapping my startup that I am doing right now, I would have taken my checkbook to the nearest Skoda showroom tomorrow but now it might be early next year.
Old 1st September 2017, 21:03   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
EDIT - does it get paddle shifters? Very very sad on VAG/Skoda's part to miss out on such a thing in this car.
It does.

Refer the snap of the steering on this post.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 21:51   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
They're keeping the asking price down only to milk you down the line with expensive and unreasonable service costs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I disagree with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshb View Post
I agree with you, I have been a Skoda customer for 5 years now, and haven't faced any issues while servicing
Agree / Disagree. Whatever the case be!

There is simply no other product that comes close to the vRS, at any sort of comparable price range. Whether the service is good or bad - there is only one choice. If you want an everyday no compromise drivers car, and want it new - then the only way forward is to buy the vRS and figure out the service aspects later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
On an aside those going for the Hyundai Elantra 2.0 AT just hold your horses.
I'm seriously shocked to find Elantra even being mentioned here. Against the regular Octavia, it might be a safer, but sober bet for some, but can't even stand a chance against the vRS. Even if the upcoming Civic gets the 1.5 Turbo, it can hope to compete against the 1.8TSi only, not the RS.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st September 2017 at 21:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Watch the Octavia RS being driven at the launch:

Last edited by AMG Power : 2nd September 2017 at 09:41.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:05   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Is there some sort of an embargo for the snap of the engine bay?! Couldn't find a single one so far.
Here you go, Sir!

Clean!
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0017.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It does.

Refer the snap of the steering on this post.
These are a couple of the pics I received. Don't know if it's just the angle that the picture was taken in but I don't see them. Can someone clear this up? Other than that, the steering does look fabulous with the flat bottom and leather stitching. I will say this again, this car screams special.
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0015.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170901wa0016.jpg

Also, here's a nice video of this one. Same car, higher tune, and of course, steering on the 'wrong' side. The vRS is designed to do all this.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 2nd September 2017 at 10:27.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:27   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Trust me when I say this, I am considering putting a picture of this one in the blue shade just to keep me motivated before exams, such is the effect of this car for me.
Here are few pics of a blue VRS for you I got on whatsapp..the owner sure is a lucky fella

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-vrs1.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-2.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-3.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:52   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Here are few pics of a blue VRS for you I got on whatsapp..the owner sure is a lucky fella

Attachment 1671889

Attachment 1671890

Attachment 1671891
Are the red calipers standard across the vRS range or is it a add-on?
Looks super!
Wish I could exchange my stock rims for the vRS ones. These brushed metal ones would suit the regular Octys so well.. (wishful thinking)
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:07   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Are the red calipers standard across the vRS range or is it a add-on?

Looks super!

Those are standard. It's mentioned in the brochure as well.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks