Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 17:39   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
But do use 97 as much as possible, and maybe even 99 since you lucky guys from Bangalore get it. These Euro engines love higher octane fuel, and you will notice a significant difference in performance and engine note.
Will do. That's the plan. Once in a way will fill the good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What was the on road price in Bangalore? I had read somewhere that only 300 cars will be produced per year.. Is that true?
31.3 OTR.

No idea about the numbers. Lots of misinformation floating around. Could just be marketing hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Strange many international reviews stated the ride was good even with the 19 inch rims so I'm not sure why ride suffers here with the 17 inchers. Maybe over inflated tires ?

But ride quality could be a deal breaker for some on our roads.
Not over inflated tyres but the roads are in a different league abroad. When they say "Ride quality over bad roads", we need to read it as "Ride Quality over 5% of Indian roads". They have rarely seen roads like what we have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Electronically adjustable suspension is the answer.
Absolutely. Wish we got that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The ckd cars probably have the same rough road suspension made in India by the same oem(Gabriel? Not sure) that makes the polo/vento suspension. This might be poorer quality than the European suspension made by Sachs.
We will only know in the long run. But till now no Octavia or Laura has had suspension issues. And just because suspension is made in India doesnt mean that ride comfort will be bad because of that.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 18:34   #242
BHPian

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Checked the VRS out today. It looks way better in the flesh as compared to pictures and the interiors(especially the seats) are to die for! The only sore point for me were the red brake callipers. Looked like it had been spray painted at a local garage on JC Road. Overall, loved the car.

Btw, any idea how much kidneys go for nowadays?

Last edited by Suraj25 : 3rd September 2017 at 18:37.
Suraj25 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 18:57   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Got to see the car today and it's a stunner. Some observations:

1) The white car simply isnt as attractive as the blue or red. For a layman, it's just another Octavia.
2) Step inside and it's an entire different story - The black interiors with those seats looks fabulous. You wont even find a small portion that's beige. Even the roof is black.
3) Top plastics on the dash, door pads are soft and not hard.
4) The door handle (inside) and the glossy CF trim along with the ambient lighting on the door looks great. And you have more CF trim on the center console (near the gear lever).
5) The seats are superb with excellent support all around and add powered front seats, it's easy to find that sweet spot.
6) The rear does feel a bit tight thanks to the black interiors.
7) As Suraj mentioned, the red calipers look out of place. It definitely looks like a work done by a local garage.
8) Steering is really good to hold and it feels premium.
9) The exhaust sounds dull. The sound felt like any ordinary petrol car. Didnt redline it so maybe that's why it sounded ordinary.
10) The bodykit (although simple) does enhance the look. The Octavia just looks so boring when you compare with this.

Overall, it's a good package and the pricing is sweet. They have already received around 15-20 bookings and the waiting time is 1 month. Weirdly, they dont go as per the date of booking. Car will be allotted to the person who brings in the cash first.

Waiting to TD the car.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164040.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164128.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164152.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164216.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164223.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164717.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164806.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_164948.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20170903_165034.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 3rd September 2017 at 18:59.
naveen.raju is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:12   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Got to see the car today and it's a stunner.
What is the on road price in Kerala?
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:38   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Absolutely. Wish we got that here.
I guess it is possible to get it. There are a few videos of Civics and other cars with it floating around.

Looks like you have your first mod lined up already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Btw, any idea how much kidneys go for nowadays?
Depends on the buyer, a good sale should fetch you all the 4 tires with alloys.
n.devdath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:58   #246
BHPian

Quote:
What is the AIR CARE feature written above the Aircon controls? I believe it is amiss in the Normal Octavias.
Old 3rd September 2017, 22:06   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
What is the AIR CARE feature written above the Aircon controls? I believe it is amiss in the Normal Octavias.
Here you go, pretty informative!
http://magazine.volkswagen.com/tech-...imatronic.html
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 22:22   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
And to think, just about 15 years back, these figures were the domain of thoroughbred Performance cars.
I am not sure about what was available in India in 2002, but I don't think this is accurate. Yes... smaller engines have started to put out bigger power outputs, but there were similar performances in similar cars 15 years back. I used to own a Subaru WRX in 2002 and it was clocked at 5.6 seconds for 0-100 kmph. That said, outside of the Lancer evo and the WRX, this performance market wasn't very popular. One had to opt for Mustangs, Corvettes and Porsches to get some shove (which supports your point).
Old 4th September 2017, 11:06   #249
BHPian

Fantastic car this! I can see a lot of people cross-shop between this and the BMW 330i; I may seriously consider this as an upgrade to my Jetta and Laura TSI
Old 4th September 2017, 12:23   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Guys,

I got delivery of my Race Blue Octavia VRS yesterday at Tafe.

The suspension is quite compliant but definitely on the firm side. There are far more thuds and bumps making their way into the passenger cabin.

Disappointments:

The ride can get tiresome. It is pretty harsh. My Civic had such a supple and smooth ride while being easy to handle at very high speeds. Of course, I assume that the vRS is far more capable, but I doubt I will ever use everything the car has to offer.
Congrats Nikhil! Good time for you to do a quick back-to-back drive of the 1.8 so that you can benchmark the ride of the vRS. I am concerned to hear of the firmer ride as the 1.8 (pre-facelift one) is already quite firm.
Old 4th September 2017, 12:25   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

PowerDrift Short Video Review :

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 15:39   #252
BHPian

So I finally booked a Red RS! But unfortunately haven't been able to see or drive the RS. Is the ride really as bad as they say? I'm coming from a Vento and this is technically going to be my mom's daily. But we all know who's going to actually be driving this car! They've promised to give me a TD once they get a car. But this harsher ride is troublesome. Can anyone else corroborate the ride?

Quote:
What are you're observation on the ride? Is it really harsh or just a little stiff? I'm coming from a Vento and an old gen Endeavour!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th September 2017 at 15:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit the previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
Old 4th September 2017, 18:31   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So I finally booked a Red RS! But unfortunately haven't been able to see or drive the RS.
What were you doing on 1st of September when they had a smashing launch coupled with a ride with race drivers on a race track!
Old 4th September 2017, 18:50   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What is the on road price in Kerala?
I had checked the car in Bangalore. It's around 30.xx on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I guess you got the information. It's some anti-allergen filter as mentioned by the sales guy. No other info.

Quote:
What are you're observation on the ride? Is it really harsh or just a little stiff? I'm coming from a Vento and an old gen Endeavour!
Unfortunately, they didnt have the TD car. The closest I could do was start the engine and revv it inside the showroom . BHPian Nikhil would be the best guy to answer this.
Old 4th September 2017, 19:36   #255
BHPian

Quote:
So I finally booked a Red RS! But unfortunately haven't been able to see or drive the RS. Is the ride really as bad as they say? I'm coming from a Vento and this is technically going to be my mom's daily. But we all know who's going to actually be driving this car! They've promised to give me a TD once they get a car. But this harsher ride is troublesome. Can anyone else corroborate the ride?

The ride is definitely on the harsher side but not unusable. For mumbai roads definitely too stiff a setup. Maybe a change to smaller rims would improve the ride.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed