Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 19:46   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
The 4-year maintenance doesn't cover the cost of wear and tear parts or those which are covered under standard/extended warranty.

So essentially only those filters/fluids, checks and cost of associated labour for four services (4 years/60,000KM whichever is earlier) are covered by the PMS package. The cost of these are identical for a 1.8TSI and 2.0TSI as filters/fluids and replacement intervals are the same.
The engine capacity is different, so I assume that the engine oil required in vRS is more than 1.8TSI. However, maybe they always assume a round figure of 4l, so this does not matter.
Old 13th September 2017, 20:07   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
The engine capacity is different, so I assume that the engine oil required in vRS is more than 1.8TSI. However, maybe they always assume a round figure of 4l, so this does not matter.
I doubt. Both the engines uses identical sump, oil pump, dipsticks, oil coolers, filter and more. Most likely the capacities are the same. From common parts to common failures, there are plenty of similarities between 1.8TSI and 2.0TSI, in the current as well as previous generations.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:31   #378
Mtv
BHPian

Can someone throw some light on the actual production numbers for the RS?

If it actually is limited to a mere 150 or 300 units, then I am even more annoyed with Skoda's launch presentation. They threw four perfectly good cars around that track for an entire day. 4 out of a presumably limited number, any of which could've made for customer cars The enthusiasts and actual customers already know what the RS is all about.

Now the reason why I am particularly salty about the whole thing is that there is no dealer in Kolkata anymore. Even if I do bring an RS here on a truck from another city, I have no service and no warranty support. There is talk of another dealer coming in next year, but by that time it may be way too late for me to get one.
Old 14th September 2017, 15:57   #379
BHPian

Sharing the updated OTR pricing for RS in Bangalore:

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170914wa0010.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2017 at 23:31. Reason: Correcting image orientation
Hells Bells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 19:28   #380
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. The Skoda website is still showing Style and Style Plus and doesn't reflect the L&K. Assuming they renamed the Style Plus as the L&K, for the top end diesel, there's about 40k difference in the price list that you shared vs. what's showing on their website.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skoda-octavia-price-website.png

Wonder why.
Old 14th September 2017, 20:13   #381
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Assuming they renamed the Style Plus as the L&K, for the top end diesel, there's about 40k difference in the price list that you shared vs. what's showing on their website.

Wonder why.
They haven't renamed Style Plus and L&K do have couple of new superficial features but otherwise it is almost same. Dealers still have stock of Style Plus and they are trying to sell those first before moving to L&K. May be Skoda is also holding on to L&K before dealers clear their stock hence the site is not updated.
Old 14th September 2017, 21:41   #382
BHPian

The audio set up by Canton is the biggest differentiator in L&K over StylePlus. Rest all are badging related changes.
Old 15th September 2017, 01:08   #383
BHPian

As per the dealer in Gurgaon, in addition to the Canton speakers and the badging, the L&K also has perforated leather seats. Dont know if it all adds up to deserve 40k more.
Old 15th September 2017, 02:48   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post

Regarding the colour number game

As always more number of RS planned for production was White due to the historical demand for the colour.

Red & Blue he was not sure of the numbers but said it should be in the 100s to 150s.
Race Blue is in demand all over and the numbers are also proportionately less.

Steel Grey is what they consider as their "flagship" colour is what he said. So SG is also produced in more numbers. Plus he also added that SG colour of RS is unique to RS from the Skoda stable and no other car from Skoda has the SG.

Coming to think of it, I have not seen SG on any cars here in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The SG is really starting to grow on me! I wonder if i should switch to the SG. I was told the SG is readily available while the white will only go into production and be ready earliest by the 25th.
Old 15th September 2017, 08:04   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
The SG is really starting to grow on me! I wonder if i should switch to the SG. I was told the SG is readily available while the white will only go into production and be ready earliest by the 25th.
Hmmm. Pls share pics of the SG. I'm still not convinced Yet to see the colour in flesh.

You wanna swap ?!
bb8778 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 08:42   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyG View Post
Dealers still have stock of Style Plus and they are trying to sell those first before moving to L&K. May be Skoda is also holding on to L&K before dealers clear their stock hence the site is not updated.
I don't think bangalore dealers have any stock of style plus. I personally checked with both vinayak and tafe and they both said it's unavailable.
Old 15th September 2017, 10:39   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
Hmmm. Pls share pics of the SG. I'm still not convinced Yet to see the colour in flesh.

You wanna swap ?!
Haven't seen it myself. But it will definitely be unique. I'm trying to decide how similar it'll be to Nardo Grey on some Audis. And I doubt skoda will be introducing this color on anything else.

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skodaoctaviavrs230_02.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skodaoctaviacombirs4877_43.jpg

It does look nice from some angles. In some lights it's hard to discern if it's grey or white.

Also, I doubt it matters. I intend to get a wrap on the car asap to protect the paint.

Something like this to really make it stand out!
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-lrmj6tq_d.jpg

All images are courtesy of Google.
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 11:31   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive Review :
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skodaoctaviars201717.jpg
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skodaoctaviars201731.jpg
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-skodaoctaviars2017107.jpg
Quote:
But needless to say, 230PS certainly doesn't feel lacking. 0-100kmph came up in a quick 6.7 seconds in our test (Skoda claims 6.8 seconds, heh heh) with the help of a very effective launch control system. The engine, like with almost every TSI engine I've experienced, charmed my socks off. It's crisp, free-revving and super linear. No need to carry can an extra set of pants then, because you won't be wetting yourself. This, thanks to the very wide torque and power spreads -- 350Nm from 1,500-4,500rpm and 230PS between 5,500-6,200rpm.
http://overdrive.in/reviews/2017-sko...d-test-review/

This car was shod with Michelin PS4 tyres. I guess only media cars get these tyres.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th September 2017 at 11:35.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 12:45   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Overdrive Review :
Attachment 1676344
Attachment 1676345
Attachment 1676346

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2017-sko...d-test-review/

This car was shod with Michelin PS4 tyres. I guess only media cars get these tyres.
The report is summed up nicely in what is my impression of the car too.
Except I felt the steering was always well weighted and precise. But the tester's bar is always higher searching for perfection, so I can understand.
Good thing is the test car is in the same color as my car.
About the steel grey, I chose it because it is very impressive in the flesh and is an understated sleeper color.
Best Regards,
Harsh.
HarshD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 21:56   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India Video Review :

Autocar V Box : 0-100 - 6.6 seconds
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com