Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2017, 12:48   #406
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
Thanks Nanu28. I feel like an exited kid about to get his first toy. Except this time it comes with 230 horses.
Totally understand the feeling....I remember getting the vRS mk1 when I was in my first job, as my first car. Enjoy the moment.
Old 19th September 2017, 14:03   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
If invoice is generated before 11th, then old cess will apply. Road tax at rto may vary depending on how rto goes about its calculation.
For invoice to be generated, chassis no / Vin has to be assigned from factory, and car must have been Manufactured already at time of invoice.
That's exactly what I meant. if the car is invoiced to dealer (i.e. VIN allocated) before 11th Sep, pricing would be pre-cess amount.
Old 19th September 2017, 15:40   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
That's exactly what I meant. if the car is invoiced to dealer (i.e. VIN allocated) before 11th Sep, pricing would be pre-cess amount.
Tried. Not happening. Had to pay full revised amount with cess.
Old 19th September 2017, 17:47   #409
BHPian

So, I just spoke to a sales rep from skoda dealership in Gurgaon today about wait times and availability of the VRS. He told me the earliest delivery for steel grey color would happen only around November end, that too if I book it soon. That's like 2 months from now. For the blue color they have no idea as it's the fastest moving of all. White could be arranged sooner. What's the booking amount you guys are putting down? I haven't seen one in flesh so would request anyone from Gurgaon who is waiting for a delivery or taken already to meet and greet if it's not too much trouble. Cheers..!!
Old 19th September 2017, 18:55   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
So, I just spoke to a sales rep from skoda dealership in Gurgaon today about wait times and availability of the VRS. He told me the earliest delivery for steel grey color would happen only around November end, that too if I book it soon. That's like 2 months from now. For the blue color they have no idea as it's the fastest moving of all. White could be arranged sooner. What's the booking amount you guys are putting down? I haven't seen one in flesh so would request anyone from Gurgaon who is waiting for a delivery or taken already to meet and greet if it's not too much trouble. Cheers..!!
Booking amount in Nashik was 1L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
From what I know, being limited to 150 units, each and every car is already allotted to a customer. As these cars are not made to order, they should be available ex stock with the dealer depending on the number of units he has procured from Skodá India. Since your dealer is unsure even about the colour, I have my doubts if he even has the car in his/her stock. Be sure to check with the dealer about your delivery date, as they might push your delivery for the January lot of Vrs. (Again limited).
So i spoke to the owner of the dealership and he's assured me that i'm getting a car in the first lot and that he's personally looked into the matter to ensure i get my car. Now i don't know if this is sales BS but only time will tell. I was told i would get delivery around Navratri. So let's see how that goes. I sincerely hope they dont mess up my delivery just because a car wasn't allocated for a tier 2 city.
Old 19th September 2017, 19:11   #411
BANNED

Quote:
What's the booking amount you guys are putting down?
It is 100k INR down South as well at Bangalore, Chennai & Trivandrum/Cochin.

What were you asked for?

Also, I dont find the grey appealing, my choice is the blue.
Old 19th September 2017, 19:32   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So i spoke to the owner of the dealership and he's assured me that i'm getting a car in the first lot and that he's personally looked into the matter to ensure i get my car. Now i don't know if this is sales BS but only time will tell. I was told i would get delivery around Navratri. So let's see how that goes. I sincerely hope they dont mess up my delivery just because a car wasn't allocated for a tier 2 city.
I seriously hope it's not Sales BS because I got taken for a ride for the exact same reason, which resulted in me coughing up an additional 1plus Lacs. A dealer will never say no to anything. For them, you are just another cheque. Please ensure which unit had been alloted to you. If u can, insist on a VIN, as they cannot invoice the car without it.

Quote:
What's the booking amount you guys are putting down?
In NCR and Mumbai, it's 50K.
Old 19th September 2017, 19:39   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is 100k INR down South as well at Bangalore, Chennai & Trivandrum/Cochin.

What were you asked for?

Color preference is quite subjective. Even my first preference is the striking Blue shade but grey is growing on me now. I prefer the added advantage of grey being less of an eye candy for prying eyes on road.
I've been told by the sales rep, 50k would be adequate booking amount. I wonder if booking amounts would affect preferential deliveries in any way.
Old 19th September 2017, 19:55   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

At this point, for the RS, basically it's take what you can get. I'm going to accept any color they give me and then wrap it to my preference.

Quote:
Color preference is quite subjective. Even my first preference is the striking Blue shade but grey is growing on me now. I prefer the added advantage of grey being less of an eye candy for prying eyes on road.
I've been told by the sales rep, 50k would be adequate booking amount. I wonder if booking amounts would affect preferential deliveries in any way.
Unfortunately, No. I would have gladly paid in full if that was on the table since my loan is ready. But it's strictly First In First Out.
Old 19th September 2017, 21:14   #415
BHPian

So finally took delivery of my Steel Grey beast yesterday.

I got it for the pre-cess hike price. I had paid the full amount before the hike itself so they got it billed at the launch price.

It was a brief drive from the showroom in Mangaluru to Udupi, around 55km. This stretch has few bad sections but most of it is in good condition. Here are a few observations:

Movers...: The car is really silent inside, thanks to the refined engine and the good sound insulation, and you do not realize the speeds you are doing. It gets to speeds really effortlessly too without any drama and I sort of like it.

...and Shakers: The suspension is stiffff. The SA told me they kept the tire pressure at 30 psi, but I doubt it. I am yet to check it but I can tell you this- If you are planning to by this car, get your backs insured. And I am one who prefers a stiffer set up actually. Going over expansion joints, one car hear explosions from the front suspension. The ground clearance need not be an issue though; I went over some big speed breakers and with 4 on board, it never scraped.

Driving experience: The steering is a bit too light. The gearbox upshifts effortlessly but there is a bit of a hesitation at times while downshifting. I am yet to drive in Sports mode and this is the observation in Drive mode. Of course the paddle shifts work brilliantly

I got an average of 12 km/l (as per the trip computer). The section I drove consists of 75% highway and 15% city driving

I will put up further observations and my ownership experience in a separate thread. Hopefully I will get down to doing it soon.

Meanwhile this is a pic of the delivery. My family and me with the car, my good friend Nishanth, from our local enthusiasts club Manipal Auto Club to the left and Zahin, (James in team bhp) who was the main motivating force behind me finally getting this car, to the right
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img20170918wa00561.jpg  

carfreak is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 00:13   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
So finally took delivery of my Steel Grey beast yesterday.I got it for the pre-cess hike price.
Heartiest Congratulations for the car and getting it at pre-cess price. May I know how much it costed you ?

Also as someone said, this steel grey do have "50 shades of grey" vibe as in the pic under artificial light, it looks far more greyer then when I had seen it at Tafe Access, Bangalore in day light parked outside. I think it looks of lighter color in day light and little darker under shade or dim lights. Its color certainly can not be judged by looking at photos.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:21   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the Giriraj Skoda rep? I am in touch with the guys there for a 1.8 L&K in blue which apparently wont be available before end November
Old 20th September 2017, 18:09   #418
BHPian

So Skoda screwed me over. Turns out the dealer in Nashik is in a dispute with the company. I got caught in the middle of this. I tried getting in touch with Mumbai dealers but they refused to sell me the car because of territory issues. So now people who booked after me in Mumbai will receive the car while my booking lies idle. Terrible way to make sure i never buy a skoda ever in my life.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 19:30   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So Skoda screwed me over. Turns out the dealer in Nashik is in a dispute with the company. I got caught in the middle of this. I tried getting in touch with Mumbai dealers but they refused to sell me the car because of territory issues. So now people who booked after me in Mumbai will receive the car while my booking lies idle. Terrible way to make sure i never buy a skoda ever in my life.
Tough luck buddy! I was actually looking forward to seeing your wrapped RS.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 20:25   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Tough luck buddy! I was actually looking forward to seeing your wrapped RS.
Oh well. I guess I have no choice. But very pathetic move by Skoda. Even the ASM had assured me that the vehicle would be delivered. We all knew that the dealers were bad, but I guess, now to me, Skoda is simply not trustworthy as a brand itself. These dirty games that are going on between the company and the dealer should not hurt the consumers.

Will hope to see a high performance Civic or G20 330i in my garage soon then, if and when they launch. And that will also get a proper wrap. So fingers crossed!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed