Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 14:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members

According to an email sent out to the members of "Gang of Dusters", Renault is offering a discount of up to Rs. 2 lakh on select variants of the Duster. Only the members of the group can avail of this offer.

Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members-dusterawd1.jpg

While the 110 PS AWD Adventure Edition is available with a cash discount of Rs. 2 lakh, the 85 PS base variant is being offered with a cash discount of Rs. 1.6 lakh on the ex-showroom price. Additionally, Renault is offering an exchange bonus of Rs. 10,000 and a corporate discount of Rs. 7,000 on the two variants.

Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members-dusterawd.jpg

The email also states that there are only 34 units of the 85 PS standard variant and 73 units of the AWD Adventure Edition that are available with this discount. While all the units of the standard variant are white, 15 units of the AWD are silver and 58 units are white.

This move comes as Renault prepares to launch the Captur. Media reports suggest that Renault will discontinue some variants of the Duster including the AWD version. It is believed that the Duster will be available in three variants only - 85 PS RxE, 85 PS RxZ and 110 PS AMT RxZ.

Source: Mr.Car
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 14:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members

110 HP AWD will be a good buy with the discount on offer. It is almost complete SUV barring outdated interiors. The ride quality, interior space and good diesel engine will serve the buyer for a good number of years.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 16:38   #3
BHPian

Haha.. I literally LOLed at the title of this thread! "Gang members"

Imagine Toyota giving discounts to ISIS for bulk orders of the Hilux!

On a more serious note, 2 lacs Discount on the AWD makes the new pricing quite appealing!

About the "Gang", do you know more about it? Are the members existing duster owners? How does one get enrolled in the gang?
ishankpatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 17:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this a referral kind of thing? The Gang of Duster includes existing owners, why would someone buy the same car again? I mean sure, there can be repeat customers, but this tribe would be very less.

Any Gang members here who got the same email?
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post
About the "Gang", do you know more about it? Are the members existing duster owners? How does one get enrolled in the gang?
The Gang of Dusters programme is exclusively for Duster owners, not even to other Renault cars. You need to enroll into their programme once you have owned a Duster.

They arrange expeditions and tours for the Duster owners. For more information you can check their website.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 17:38   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
The Gang of Dusters programme is exclusively for Duster owners, not even to other Renault cars. You need to enroll into their programme once you have owned a Duster.

They arrange expeditions and tours for the Duster owners. For more information you can check their website.
Thanks for the Information! There is a Duster in my family.. so perhaps I can Register myself in the Gang.
Old 10th August 2017, 18:01   #7
BHPian

Getting the membership of 'Gang of Dusters' is a herculean task in itself. I tried after buying the AWD two years back. You have to enter the chassis number, vehicle number et all & my entries never matches with their database. I am not the only one with this problem. A lot of other duster owners have had this problem while registering.

BUT, now I got a call around 2 weeks back that I am being enrolled in the Gang & they need my approval for that. I have approved since we get some free service coupons on enrolling & their events albeit a bit expensive are really well organised. According to the lady on the other side, I shall be getting my welcome kit in 6-8 weeks.

Regards

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 18:44   #8
BHPian

The title needs to be changed, it isn't a rumour. Members have indeed received a mail on discounts.

Got this as a whatsapp forward in TBHP group.

Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members-img20170810wa0022.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 18:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The title needs to be changed, it isn't a rumour. Members have indeed received a mail on discounts.

Got this as a whatsapp forward in TBHP group.
So, this is a limited period offer that applies only for 107 Dusters, throughout India? IMHO, it still is an offer that can be contemplated by a prospective customer, albeit with limited time in hand.
Old 10th August 2017, 19:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
So, this is a limited period offer that applies only for 107 Dusters, throughout India?
I called my birdie in Renault TVM and am told that these could be 2016 stock leftover. No confirmation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Getting the membership of 'Gang of Dusters' is a herculean task in itself. I tried after buying the AWD two years back. You have to enter the chassis number, vehicle number et all & my entries never matches with their database. I am not the only one with this problem. A lot of other duster owners have had this problem while registering.

... I shall be getting my welcome kit in 6-8 weeks.
After upteen attempts, I received my login credentials and that's it. When I log in an alert pops up and says "Login Successful!" but nothing happens after that. There's absolutely no change in Menu, no special menu for logged in users, nothing. You cannot even change your password. The only link that reflect is the Login, which turns into Logout.

I suggest you to call up and ask them to rush your credentials because you want to buy a discounted Duster.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 19:35   #11
Team-BHP Support

Brilliant! So if you already own a duster you can get another duster for a discount? Or am I missing something.
Old 10th August 2017, 19:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Brilliant! So if you already own a duster you can get another duster for a discount? Or am I missing something.
Exactly! The marketing team should be fired for this. I cant believe they can set existing duster owners as target audience for a clearance sale of new dusters!
Old 10th August 2017, 21:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I think it is like the employee referral bonus policy , but unlike it the benefit is passed on to the buyer instead. It then boils down to the understanding between the referrer and buyer.

On a serious note, as sandeep sir said, they might be 2016 models, and IMO Renault wants the buyers to come through a channel rather than haphazard negotiations by the customers along with creating some buzz.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 23:45   #14
BHPian

Hi All,

I don't think this is a rumour.

I had sent them a mail, to which a prompt reply was received seeking my details to arrange for the quotation, billing details & other modalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I called my birdie in Renault TVM and am told that these could be 2016 stock leftover. No confirmation though.

After upteen attempts, I received my login credentials and that's it. When I log in an alert pops up and says "Login Successful!" but nothing happens after that. There's absolutely no change in Menu, no special menu for logged in users, nothing. You cannot even change your password. The only link that reflect is the Login, which turns into Logout.

I suggest you to call up and ask them to rush your credentials because you want to buy a discounted Duster.

These are MY2016 Stocks.

I am attaching the screenshot of email received from Renault.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Ameeth Kumar Jha

P.S.: I am not a member of 'Gang of Dusters.'
Attached Thumbnails
Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members-duster.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2017 at 11:02. Reason: Merging consecutive posts :)
Ameeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 10:16   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault offers Duster at a discount to 'Gang of Dusters' members

When I read the news item, first thing running through my head was "clearance of old stock" and later posts from BHPians confirm the same. If you're buying new, then buy new! I'm not a fan of cars that have been lying around for long in the stockyard.

The Duster isn't a car I'd recommend to anyone in 2017; it's too old & outdated. And it's certainly not a car I'd recommend to someone who's already owned a Duster! Time to move onto greener pastures, gang members.

Of course, the only exception would be a Duster FWD owner who really needs the AWD capability. For that purpose, the Duster is among the best in that price band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post
Haha.. I literally LOLed at the title of this thread! "Gang members". Imagine Toyota giving discounts to ISIS for bulk orders of the Hilux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameeth View Post
I am attaching the screenshot of email received from Renault.
I like your tabs, Ameeth - one for Facebook, one for gmail and three for Team-BHP .

Last edited by GTO : 11th August 2017 at 10:18.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks