Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 21:50   #16
BHPian

re: The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
how are you exactly planning to get your hand on a vRS for under 15 lacs, you will probably need 30 Lacs and abit more. You are comparing two cars in two completely different segments.

You can probably look at rapid Diesel with DSG, that would be a good pick for you.
Yeah I figured vRS is upwards of 30L. The Octavia 1.8 TSI is still in my reach. Going for a TD of that and the Vento TSI soon. I am looking for petrol motors only.

I called up Skoda today to check if Monte Carlo has any different specs than Rapid and they said it would be announced on Thursday.
Old 14th August 2017, 21:59   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Yeah I figured vRS is upwards of 30L. The Octavia 1.8 TSI is still in my reach. Going for a TD of that and the Vento TSI soon. I am looking for petrol motors only.

I called up Skoda today to check if Monte Carlo has any different specs than Rapid and they said it would be announced on Thursday.
The bad 1.4 manual you mean, because even that is around 15.5 lacs ex showroom if I am correct, on road should be 18+ I guess.
Old 14th August 2017, 23:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The bad 1.4 manual you mean, because even that is around 15.5 lacs ex showroom if I am correct, on road should be 18+ I guess.
No. I am hoping Skoda will piling the 1.2 TSI + DSG into the Monte Carlo. After all, they are also about to launch a 200+HP TSI Octavia soon so it's only natural they plonk the small version int the lower segment?
Old 14th August 2017, 23:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
No. I am hoping Skoda will piling the 1.2 TSI + DSG into the Monte Carlo. After all, they are also about to launch a 200+HP TSI Octavia soon so it's only natural they plonk the small version int the lower segment?
Its not Skoda's decision, group will have to decide, and as others said does not seem to be happening. Anyway happy hunting,and if nothing else go with the First decision and get a highline plus vento tsi, owning one myself, I can tell you one thing, it's a brilliant car.

Last edited by AtheK : 15th August 2017 at 00:06.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 12:40   #20
BHPian

Has the Monte Carlo been launched yet? Do we know all the specs and variants now?
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 07:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda launches Rapid Monte Carlo Edition at a starting price of ₹ 10,75,347 Lakhs.

Monte Carlo Edition is priced at a premium of around Rs 50,000 and gets cosmetic enhancements that make it a product hard to ignore in this segment.

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-capture.jpg

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-m.jpg
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-m1.jpg
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-m4.jpg
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-m3.jpg

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-1.jpg
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-2.jpg

Source- SKODA

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2017 at 07:40.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 07:35   #22
BHPian

I think paying Rs50,000 for these cosmetic changes is bit too much. I wouldn't have purchased this edition. I got my Style LE DSG in July and spent around Rs 25,000 for a tire upgrade to Michelin XM2 stock size, which I feel is a functional and logical upgrade than spending Rs 50K just for cosmetic changes. Just my opinion by the way!
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo launched at Rs. 10.75 lakh

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is now available in India at a price of Rs. 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India). It is based on the top-end Rapid Style variant and priced around Rs. 50,000 more.

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-montecarlo-4.jpg

The Rapid Monte Carlo edition comes with a few aesthetic modifications including a black front grille, 16-inch dual-tone black alloy wheels, a black roof, a boot lip spoiler painted in black and a matching diffuser. It also gets black ORVM housings, quartz-cut headlight with LED DRLs and a Monte Carlo badge on the B-pillar.

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-montecarlo-3.jpg

The interior features a 3-spoke, flat-bottom steering wheel, steel pedals, front door sills with Monte Carlo wording, red and black leatherette Monte Carlo branded seats, black interior with red stitching on gear knob, steering wheel and dashboard with a piano black trim on centre console and AC vents, new instrument cluster and a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment which is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-skoda-monte-carlo1.jpg

Other standard features on the Rapid Monte Carlo include ABS, dual-front airbags, ESC and Hill Hold Control on the DSG variant. Skoda also offers rear parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers, rear-view camera, cruise control, auto-dimming IRVM, one-touch roll-down windows with anti-pinch, height adjustment for driver and front passenger seats, climate control with rear air-con vents.

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-skoda-monte-carlo2.jpg

The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is available in both petrol and diesel variants. The 1.6-litre MPI, petrol engine delivers 103 BHP and 153 Nm of peak torque and is offered with either a 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox. The 1.5-litre TDI, diesel unit produces 109 BHP and 250 Nm of torque and is paired with a 7-speed DSG or a 5-speed manual transmission.

The Monte Carlo comes in two colour options: Flash Red/ black roof and Candy White/ black roof.

Prices:

1.6 MPI MT- Rs. 10.75 lakh

1.6 MPI AT- Rs. 11.98 lakh

1.5 TDI MT- Rs. 12.46 lakh

1.5 TDI AT- Rs. 13.58 lakh
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:31   #24
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo launched at Rs. 10.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The Monte Carlo comes in two colour options: Flash Red/ black roof and Candy White/ black roof.
It seems that the black roof and leatherette seat covers are a dealer-level fitment and are not standard. It says the roof is the foil-made one, unlike the black ORVM.

I think the standard fitments are the dual-tone alloys, rear spoiler, and the black interior with the red-thread stitch.

The picture shows the driver hand-rest to be different from the other models.

Vip.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 22nd August 2017 at 12:35.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks extremely tempting. The cars looks very sporty with the black coloured bits and the faux-diffuser.
Any pointers on the price difference between the Style and the Monte-Carlo variants?
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

If I was in the market for a diesel sedan, I think the 2017 Verna makes a lot more sense, if I am not looking at an AT gearbox.

IMO, the Rapid Monte Carlo looks good, but the changes over the regular Style variant are not really worth the 50k premium it commands. This reminds me of the dilemma some buyers had between the regular Polo 1.5 TDI and the GT TDI sometime back.

Ofcourse, if one is looking at a TDI/DSG combo, this probably still looses out to the Vento which also offers an optional LED headlight.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

How will this sustain when the present lineup of Rapid is available at good discounts, the 50K additional ask for Monte Carlo will actually go up beyond 1.5 Lac as dealers would not want to give discounts on this new trim.

For a buyer who has finalized Rapid would end up paying 1.5 Lac more for this new trim, and this premium cannot be justified for what it offers over and above the available trims with Skoda.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

And still no sign of paddle shifters . They could have added paddle shifters along with the flat bottom steering wheel.

I think the 50K increase is worth it , especially with the all black interiors and upgraded infotainment system.

Last edited by F150 : 22nd August 2017 at 15:19.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:17   #29
BHPian

Looks smoking hot. Just yesterday I saw a spanking new Red Rapid and it stood out in the murky gloomy monsoon evening traffic.
Black details will make it look even better.

I am the kind who loves to watch Red cars but ends up buying a White to keep it low key and ease of maintenance
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:39   #30
BHPian

Looks very good I must say. Really tempting me to have a serious look at this! Even my wife is bowled over by this edition styling.
By the way, Is the infotainment system any upgrade over the existing one? If I remember correctly regular editions have only mirror link connectivity. If this edition has Car Play and Android Auto then it is a good upgrade.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed