Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo launched at Rs. 10.75 lakh

Looks great from every angle. Should be launched in other colors soon as Indians are bit averse to red cars.

A blue color maybe!
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Looks great from every angle. Should be launched in other colors soon as Indians are bit averse to red cars.

A blue color maybe!
Correct. The Octavia Blue shade would have stirred up the pot a bit.
By the way, there is a white color on offer as well.

This particular Red shade will find few takers in my opinion. (No offence to potential customers)
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:19   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is now available in India at a price of Rs. 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India). It is based on the top-end Rapid Style variant and........
Hello TusharK, I'm sure this new Rapid edition would be as interesting as its predecessor, going by the details in your thread. My only grouse is the name chosen - Monte Carlo. The name when associated with motor sports evokes expectation & excitement - with such illustrious names as Invicta, Delahaye, Talbot in the early days and Lancia, Renault and Audi in recent times. Certainly Skoda participated in 2011 and 2012 & performed respectably too (2nd & 3rd places). Subsequently they appear to have retired.

And to present this Rapid edition without any WRC embellishments whatsoever - no AWD for starters! - is a big let-down for followers of the sport.

Last edited by shashanka : 22nd August 2017 at 17:20.
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:22   #34
BHPian

It looks hot! Stunning! But for all its tempting looks, at end of the day it is just a cosmetic upgrade. Similar to what Maruti does (albeit looks better).

For such a high premium, it would have been great if it had some mechanical improvements. Like a more aggressive map, better suspension, faster steering rack etc. Like Ford did with its 1.6S and Figo S

Last edited by rageshgr : 22nd August 2017 at 17:24.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 17:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Hello TusharK, I'm sure this new Rapid edition would be as interesting as its predecessor, going by the details in your thread. My only grouse is the name chosen - Monte Carlo. The name when associated with motor sports evokes expectation & excitement - with such illustrious names as Invicta, Delahaye, Talbot in the early days and Lancia, Renault and Audi in recent times. Certainly Skoda participated in 2011 and 2012 & performed respectably too (2nd & 3rd places). Subsequently they appear to have retired.

And to present this Rapid edition without any WRC embellishments whatsoever - no AWD for starters! - is a big let-down for followers of the sport.
Absolutely, the 'Monte Carlo' badge would've suited the Fabia more since the Fabia R5 rally car has been successfully competing in the lower classes of WRC and in APRC, etc.
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs

If I were in market for a diesel automatic, I would put my money on Rapid Monte Carlo Style AT. Skoda offers a proper diesel automatic top-end variant, unlike Hyundai and some other makers, which offer a slightly stripped down auto variant to keep the price low. IMO, company should offer it as an option at least, let the customers choose.

Besides, Skoda's build quality, fit & finish and handling is much better than Hyundai or Honda in my opinion. Loving the Monte Carlo edition. A truly special edition, unlike silly so-called special editions from Maruti or VW.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:14   #37
BHPian

HI, how much would a Rapid DSG cost on road Mumbai with discounts? The mid level DSG? Would it be less than 10 lacs on road including discounts?
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:29   #38
BHPian

[quote=ajay_satpute;4256620]If I were in market for a diesel automatic, I would put my money on Rapid Monte Carlo Style AT. Skoda offers a proper diesel automatic top-end variant, unlike Hyundai and some other makers, which offer a slightly stripped down auto variant to keep the price low. IMO, company should offer it as an option at least, let the customers choose.

Besides, Skoda's build quality, fit & finish and handling is much better than Hyundai or Honda in my opinion. Loving the Monte Carlo edition. A truly special edition, unlike silly so-called special editions from Maruti or VW.[/QUOTE

Skoda launched something similar in 2015 and I bought it, Rapid TDI Anniversary edition top-end. It had all the features offered except for LED lights.

There is no comparison within this budget with any other car when it comes to Diesel+AT. Vento handling and suspension in my view not on par with Rapid.
heydj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 08:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Same time MPI+TC will blow away the ASS concerns of VAG and SKODA by the sheer reliability factor. You can own one without Engine or Transmission trouble for upto 2Lakhs and more Kilometre, which cannot be said for the DSG+TSi combo.
Is this still valid, the DSG issue? In which case if one wants auto, it is better to take petrol rather than diesel for this model?
Old 24th August 2017, 16:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

The Monte Carlo is an excellent example of how an cosmetic upgrade should be carried out on an already handsome car. Unlike the Black edition of the previous Rapid, the Monte Carlo has been very tastefully done. None of the elements have been overdone.

Excellent set of alloys as well. The Black edition had a hideous set somewhat like those of the Baleno now.

To me it is the all black interiors and the well stitched seats that take the cake.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 17:12   #41
Senior - BHPian

I put this suggestion on the twitter page of Skoda India

"they should run a contest and give away free tickets for Monte Carlo GP to the winner". That may be a good ad campaign for this car

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 24th August 2017 at 17:13.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 09:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Video review of the Rapid Monte Carlo.

AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 07:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Monte Carlo Edition over the weekend and it was underwhelming. The car looks good at first glance, but it is found lacking when you spend time with it.

1) The seats are not fabric. I thought they were looking at the pictures. Besides, the quality felt bad and the fit is also not proper. Looks very aftermarket.
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-img_20170909_132341085.jpg
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo Edition. EDIT: Now launched at 10.75 lakhs-img_20170909_132349675.jpg
2) The roof has a satin black wrap, and it doesn't go well with the rest of the car. The rear view mirror, the B pillars are all gloss black. The roof should also have been a gloss black finish.
3) Black alloys look great and so does the flat bottom steering wheel.
4) All black interiors also look lovely but for those stupid seat covers.
5) Headlights and the new all black grille also looks great.

But it doesn't make any sense to shell out more than a lakh for the Monte Carlo Edition over the Style variant. The price difference is 50k and they were ready to give a 50k discount without any bargaining. A bigger saving surely looks possible. Also, the Style variant now comes with 16" wheels which looks okay. Skoda should have given the Monte Carlo the TSI + DSG at least.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Checked out the Monte Carlo Edition...The car looks good at first glance.

Also, the Style variant now comes with 16" wheels which looks okay.
+1 deetjohn

I have not really seen the Monte Carlo Rapid in person, but happened to see the Style variant, and the icing on the cake was the Silk Blue shade:

Name:  Blue.png
Views: 2797
Size:  303.4 KB

The above image still has the old rims, but the one I saw had the updated 16" rims, and it looks smashing to say the least.

Personally, I would pick the Style over the Monte Carlo, as the latter does not really offer anything "Exclusive" that Aliexpress can't supply.

P.S - Though the Silk Blue is neither as bright as the image rendering nor close to the Race Blue of the VRS, this shade really has some character to it.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th September 2017 at 10:07.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 14:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Personally, I would pick the Style over the Monte Carlo, as the latter does not really offer anything "Exclusive" that Aliexpress can't supply.
I bought the Rapid Style LE DSG Automatic a week or so back in Silk Blue color. The color is awesome. It gets reverse camera and 16'' alloy wheels.

The only features that I missed were that the music system doesn't support android auto or apple carplay and only two airbags. This has been changed for the Style MY18 variant.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks