Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 14:05   #46
BHPian

In the launch talk Anurag Mehrotra quotes Team-BHP.
lejhoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 15:03   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford testing a Figo crossover? EDIT: Now revealed as Freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Ford Freestyle
Looks really nice. If the ACI review is anything to go by, it's a good choice for people looking for a car in this segment. Only thing I would want to check is the vibration. With no balancer mechanism like the 1.5 Dragon engine, I would want to see in person how it is addressed. Hope ford prices it well.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st January 2018 at 16:03. Reason: Editing quoted post
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 15:05   #48
BHPian

Still no adjustable rear headrests, isn't this a big safety issue for the rear occupants? Can I get it fitted ?
Old 31st January 2018, 15:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Still no adjustable rear headrests, isn't this a big safety issue for the rear occupants? Can I get it fitted ?
Retrofitment of height adjustable head restraints may be difficult as the seat back and frame have to be modified to package in the guide tube through which the head restraint will move, translating to the up-down motion of the actual head-restraint unit when you pull it up or push it down.
Its not impossible to fabricate; "retro"-it that is; but you would do well to utlilise the services & skills of an expert seat-maker / fabricator. Also the tube fixation/attachment/welding to seat frame has to be strong enough to withstand potential impact/whiplash forces without it coming adrift/breaking within the seat backrest.

Last edited by arjab : 31st January 2018 at 15:22. Reason: corrected syntax errors
Old 31st January 2018, 15:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Retrofitment of height adjustable head restraints may be difficult as the seat back and frame have to be modified to package in the guide tube through which the head restraint will move, translating to the up-down motion of the actual head-restraint unit when you pull it up or push it down.
Its not impossible to fabricate; "retro"-it that is; but you would do well to utlilise the services & skills of an expert seat-maker / fabricator. Also the tube fixation/attachment/welding to seat frame has to be strong enough to withstand potential impact/whiplash forces without it coming adrift/breaking within the seat backrest.
Won't Aspire rear seat back fit?
Old 31st January 2018, 16:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Won't Aspire rear seat back fit?
You are on track. Thought did occur to me as well.
Request you to check the latching mechanism. As the Aspire which is a 3-box has the additional support of the parcel shelf panel, so the hinges maybe different. The Figo is a hatch and has a more upright backrest due to the absence of a parcel shelf panel. Latching should be common part but am not 100% sure.
Also check the shoulder width of the back rest of the Aspire vs Figo. Is the Aspire backrest foldable? If not, Ford may have "extended" the back rest's "wings" to give additional shoulder support in the Aspire.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:29   #52
BANNED

In the process, they could have done something like what Honda did to Jazz to come up with WR-V. Raise the bonnet to make it more muscular from front. That droopy face is not at all suited for SUVs or SUV-masquerades.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford testing a Figo crossover? EDIT: Now revealed as Freestyle-5.jpg  

Ford testing a Figo crossover? EDIT: Now revealed as Freestyle-5_1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 31st January 2018 at 16:31.
romeomidhun is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:45   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
In the process, they could have done something like what Honda did to Jazz to come up with WR-V. Raise the bonnet to make it more muscular from front.
They did and it's called the Ecosport.
Vid6639 is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good from all angles but the rear. Just too plain to be easily mistaken for a souped up Grand i10/Tiago from a distance. IMHO, they could have risked with a changed tail lamp and boot design.
Old 31st January 2018, 19:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
In the process, they could have done something like what Honda did to Jazz to come up with WR-V. Raise the bonnet to make it more muscular from front. That droopy face is not at all suited for SUVs or SUV-masquerades.

Yeah that looks so much easier on photoshop! The fundamental to freestyle is the way it shares its part with the Figo and the Aspire. And Let us not forget that for Honda WRV is what ecosport is to Ford.

Ford needs something more out of these 2 cars which have not done as well as they should. And hence they are attempting the free style which essentially shares most body parts with the Figo and aspire to give it a cost advantage and secondly to ensure that the development costs that went in to the Figo and aspire in India is recovered.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 07:36   #56
BHPian

Re: Ford testing a Figo crossover? EDIT: Now revealed as Freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Is it just me or someone else feels like the front (above the grille) has some resemblance to Punto?
Yes, indeed! I guess you're referring to the headlamp units. The tear drop design looks very much similar to that of Punto.

Any word on diesel engine? I reckon it'll come with the same state of tune as current Figo.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 1st February 2018 at 07:38.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 08:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Yeah that looks so much easier on photoshop! The fundamental to freestyle is the way it shares its part with the Figo and the Aspire. And Let us not forget that for Honda WRV is what ecosport is to Ford.

Ford needs something more out of these 2 cars which have not done as well as they should. And hence they are attempting the free style which essentially shares most body parts with the Figo and aspire to give it a cost advantage and secondly to ensure that the development costs that went in to the Figo and aspire in India is recovered.
This car will hardly do anything to improve the sales of Ford. It's just jumping onto the crossover lookalike bandwagon and primarily to showcase the new 1.2 which will find its way to the Figo/Aspire.

Last edited by tharian : 1st February 2018 at 08:42.
Old 1st February 2018, 09:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Is it just me or someone else feels like the front (above the grille) has some resemblance to Punto?
I had the same feeling when I first saw the car on T-Bhp. In fact more than a Punto it resembles the Avventura with all the cladding and roof rails.
sub.g84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks