Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 18:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S launched at Rs. 9.39 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has added a new 'S' variant to the Ciaz line-up. The Ciaz S with a 1.4-litre petrol engine is priced at Rs. 9.39 lakh while the Diesel Smart Hybrid costs Rs. 11.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S launched at Rs. 9.39 lakh-ciazs2.jpg

The Ciaz S gets all the features of the top-end Alpha trim. Additionally, it gets a body kit that includes front and rear bumper extensions, side skirts, rear spoiler with integrated high-mounted stop lamp and black interiors with grey chrome trim around the instrument panel. It also gets a leather wrapped, multifunctional steering wheel and black leather seats.

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S launched at Rs. 9.39 lakh-ciazs3.jpg

The Ciaz S is 15 mm longer in length as compared to the other variants. It measures 4,505 mm in length, 1,730 mm in width, 1,485 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,650 mm. It is powered by a 1,373cc, petrol engine that produces 91 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 130 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. The Diesel Smart Hybrid version uses a 1,248cc diesel engine which makes 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. Features like engine start/stop, brake energy regeneration, torque assist and gear shift indicator are only available on the diesel variant.

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S launched at Rs. 9.39 lakh-ciazs1.jpg

The Ciaz S rides on 16-inch alloy wheels shod with 195/55 R16 tyres. It is available in all the existing seven color choices - Pearl Snow White, Metallic Silky Silver, Pearl Midnight Black, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown, Metallic Glistening Gray, NEXA Blue and Pearl Sangria Red.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 20:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S launched at Rs. 9.39 lakh

How is this version of the Ciaz different from the Ciaz RS? Looks the same to me
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 20:17   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
How is this version of the Ciaz different from the Ciaz RS? Looks the same to me
Silver finish on steering wheel.
Leoshashi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 20:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Silver finish on steering wheel.
your post had me in splits. Maruti has been misusing the "S" and "RS" monikers for ages now.
91 bhp I'm sure that engine is capable of much better figures.
Tapish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 20:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
This one is 15mm longer because of the rear spoiler protruding at the back and this one has a beefed up rear bumper.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 21:58   #6
BHPian

At 9.39 I see no value in the Ciaz RS compared to say the City V model which retails at 9.99 lakh in most cities. Except a few extra features I don't see Honda city missing out on the essentials including safety features and ICE in that variant along with giving almost 33% more power compared to the Ciaz at only 60k more. I feel city is a much better car in its petrol avatar.

As for diesel with the Smart hybrid advantage that Ciaz was getting before GST I don't see it selling as much as it was before. The price advantage with respect to city is now reduced and with the upcoming Verna having a better Diesel engine it might give its Diesel engine a tough fight. I hope Maruti Suzuki gives it better engines 1.6 multi jet and a new petrol maybe new booster jet to keep the Ciaz on top of the segment.

Last edited by bblost : 18th August 2017 at 02:05. Reason: typo.
ToyotaFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 22:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is Maruti clearing stock before the launch of the updated engines? Is it possible that we will see the launch of the updated model next month?

Would be great timing to counter the recently updated City and soon to be launched next Gen Verna.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 13:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz RS was there when it used to be retailed under normal MSIL dealerships and now Ciaz S is it's NEXA version.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 10:43   #9
BHPian

Eagerly logged onto this post looking as the letter 'S'. (I hope it stands for 'Sports'). Was hoping that 'S' would be launched with the following engine options

- 1.4 Booster Jet Petrol
- 1.6 MJD for Diesel

After going through the first post came to know that it's the usual sticker/bumper edition from Maruti-Suzuki and there is nothing 'Sports' about this. I think its worth to call it as the other 'S' which readily comes to mind

Only the showroom/brand is 'Nexa' otherwise be rest assured that there is nothing 'Nexa' about Ciaz and its all written 'Maruti' all over it, particularly the new sticker/bumper edition.

Last edited by searacer932 : 19th August 2017 at 10:45.
searacer932 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 11:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

"S" stands for "Sticker" edition. How is this suppose to challenge the new Verna or the face-lifted city? Everybody including Maruti knows the Ciaz's Achilles heal are it's engines. I think they are holding on to us but we are waiting and hope they deliver at least in the future. The sticker edition is just to sway and distract would be new Verna/City buyers towards Nexa showrooms. It must have worked before for Maruti I guess that's why they are repeating the same with Ciaz.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 11:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

I think we are being too critical here. It is an S badge but at the end of the day it should be treated as another variant of the Ciaz.

The Ciaz is pulling in decent numbers and we know Maruti is working on a facelift as well as new engines.

In the mean times, the biggest grouse I had with the Ciaz was the sea of beige that didn't even feel or look premium. I've sat in the older Ciaz Rs and the black leather and all black dash are a huge improvement in feel.

For a practical sedan the Ciaz S is a good pic as the body work atleast differentiates it from the regular Ciaz which is now old and frankly a bit boring in styling.

I wouldn't mind a Z+ with black interiors and no body work as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks