Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent

I recently had the experience with someone who was looking to get a permanent license here in Pune without help from agents. There is no documented process to be found upon easy googling , so heres a short note about how we went about the whole process.

Getting the LL (learner's license) :

1 ) If you already have a license issued (2 Wheeler/HMV/etc) at Pune RTO, you can simply walk into the Sangam Bridge RTO office without an appointment , buy the (overpriced) photocopy of the form from a shop within the RTO premises, for Rs3.Not sure what it is called, but do ask for the Learners form.
2 ) Fill out the form and head to the document verification queue, get the docs verified and head to the payment counter.
3 ) Incase you do not have a license issued in Pune, or if its the first time you are getting a license, you need to book a LL test slot from https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/ . I am not aware of the test process , but should be farely straight forward.

Getting the Permanent License (DL) :

1) Once you have received your learner's license, and if you are done with your driving course, you can apply for the DL online , again at https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/ . Go to the Apply Online-> New Driving License tab, and follow the instructions on the screen.
2 ) The following screen explains in short the process to apply for new DL online.

Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent-application_screen1.jpg

3 ) This is the second screen that you will be encountering :

Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent-application_screen2.jpg

4 ) This is where it gets tricky for MH12/MH14 (Pune/PCMC) RTO folks. For the longest of time (3+ Months), we were greeted with the message "Invalid license number". This was because during the changeover of software to Sarathi 4.0 at Pune RTO, the Learning License Data was not transferred to the central database from Feb'17 to May'17. I believe that it was a one off though, and things should be okay now.
The parivahan website expects the data to be in "RJ14 /00000/00000" format, but Pune RTO will give you a LL in a "LL/0000/0000" format. To get a "new" Learning license number, ensure that you have turned off your pop-up blocker for parivahan, before entering the license number in LL Format. This step kept confounding us for a long time , and we wasted a few days wondering what to do. You will once again get the "Invalid License Number" error , but with an option to "Generate a new license number" simultaneously. A new number in the format MH12 0000/0000 will be displayed on the screen thereafter.

5 ) Proceed with the application , by entering your particulars (if there is a change) and add the class of vehicles as per your need. Note : LMV-NT for cars is the category you need, but the site terms it as LMV. Again , kept confusing me as I assumed we had accidentally chosen the transport category. Most details are autopopulated though.

6 ) The steps to be followed are fairly straightforward thereafter. In addition to adding an endorsement to existing DL, we also had to do an address change, which is another category you need to select.

7 ) Scan your documents -> Address proof, Learning license and Existing DL. Ensure that the scanned size is <=500kb per document, as the site does not permit larger documents to be uploaded. Since good quality scanners typically produce docs the size of atleast a couple of MBs each, I had to use CutePDF Pro to scale down the quality and hence the size. There are online tools to do that as well, but I am not comfortable uploading important documents online and downloading them again post processing.
Ensure that you upload correct versions of everything. Once you save the documents, you will not get a chance to make amendments to them. For example , we received the applicants Aadhar card after documents were uploaded , and we couldnt modify the application to reflect that instead.

8 ) Booking the DL appointment slot : Make sure that you complete this process well in advance, because there is one testing facility for Pune and PCMC RTOs for cars, and each day has limited slots available. There are reports of people whose LL's expired in the wait to book slots. Fortunately , I read an announcement in the newspapers that 25 slots per day would be reserved for people whose LL's are expiring in the next 8 days.
There are 4 one hour time slots available per day, starting from 10 AM till 2 PM. Choose any one on your preferred date, irrespective of the slot timings. More on that later.

9 ) Payment : The total fees for people adding a new endorsement to existing DL is Rs.1066. Add another Rs.200 for address change. This defies logic , but it is actually cheaper for people who have no prior license , as they save on a 500 rupee endorsement fee.

Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent-payment_screenshot.jpg

This again , is straightforward if it works, and exasperating if it doesnt. Choose your mode of payment correctly , and hope and pray that it goes through. The SBIPay gateway is painfully slow, and sometimes has a mind of its own. If, for some reason , your payment fails, good luck.
You will be stuck with this error message :

Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent-parivahan_message.jpg

It will not, I repeat, WILL NOT allow you to make a payment again until this error somehow magically disappears. It is such a simple use case, and perhaps was never tested properly. Or is there by design. One never knows.

Incase you do encouter this error , you will need to meet RTO Officer Pillay in Block C of Sangam Bridge RTO to get it reset/resolved. They will not help you over the phone. I know because I met tonnes of people at the test venue who had encountered the same error, so I guess its fairly common. We were lucky though, and for us , the error "magically disappeared" after 7 days. So incase you considering making the payment just before your appointment date, do not! Better to keep a sufficient margin.

10 ) Take printouts of all the documents (Form 8/1 etc) , payment receipt, and slot booking acknowledgment before heading to the RTO.

DL Skill test :

1) The tests in Pune and PCMC are conducted at the Institute of Driver Training and Research (IDTR), at Bhosari. If you are using google maps to navigate to this place , please enter "Hotel Kalasagar" as your destination instead, as its right opposite the IDTR. I entered the Pune & PCMC New RTO as my destination, and it dropped me here :

Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent-middleofnowhere.jpg

A dead end at the vast backside of the test track, insisting I jump over walls and walk for the remainder of the 7 minutes.

2) More than adequate parking is available in premises, two wheelers pay Rs 5 and Cars pay Rs.20. You get a receipt as well.

3) Only car driving skills test for Pune Applicants is held here, two wheeler tests still happen at Alandi Road RTO, hence bear that in mind while booking tests. You cannot possibly give both on the same day given the uncertain timings. Two wheeler skill tests for PCMC folks are held here though.

4) The slot we had booked was for 12 pm , and we arrived by 11. Only to find the place absolutely overrun by agents and driving schools. Staple all the documents starting with the DL slot booking receipt at the top. Staple your LL and DL to the entire stack. Go to the first window , and pay a "track usage" fee of Rs.100.

5) Heres the catch : You cannot give your driving skills test on your own car. The car has to be mandatorily equipped with dual controls. I believe this is more to do with the officer's safety, than anything else. .

6) You are then left with two options , either rent the IDTR track car for an additional Rs.100 , or rent a car from one of the driving school agents you spot on the premises.

7) The IDTR car is a silver Tata Bolt XM diesel. It looked to be in good condition and fairly new , so if you are confident enough a driver, I strongly suggest going for this. Looking at the width of the car, we agreed that it may not be such a good idea for noob drivers. Hence we decided to rent a vehicle from one of the driving school agents sitting with his WagonR, apparently doing nothing.
Thanks to my outstanding negotiation skills, heres how the car rental conversation went :
Me : We need a car to give the driving skills test on.
Agent: That would be a thousand bucks.
Me : Okay.

Yes, I was fleeced. Incase you want to rent out a smaller WagonR or Alto from agents, do negotiate better than me. You might be able to lop off atleast half the amount. You are at their mercy anyway, since normal people do not keep dual control cars at home.

8) DL slots hold no importance at all. Seriously. You can give whatever timing in the Slot , but the test will happen when the officer thinks it should happen. There are separate officers for conducting tests for Pune and PCMC applicants. Some driving school agents were in and out of there in a couple of hours. So its all your luck. And the load for the day. The total number of applicants through the day is only 45*4 , so it doesnt appear to be as crowded as some other RTOs.

9) There are three tests to be conducted, a gradient test, a reverse "H" test, and a figure of "8" test. There is a central control room monitoring all of these test via cameras placed everywhere.

10) Head to the control room and get your papers stamped with "H"/"G"/"8" grid stamp. The testing officers signs here.

11) The agent will bring the car over, and the officer standing near the gradient test will take his place next to the driver. The driver will be asked to drive upto an incline, and stop at the yellow mark after its about half way up. The driver needs to demonstrate his/her ability to hold the car and set off in one smooth motion. Do not stall, as it means an instant failure. A teeny bit of rollback before you move ahead is fine , as was in our case. This test is not timed by a computer.

12) Next is the "reverse H" scenario wherein you have to reverse right once, and then to the left in a similar fashion, forming in an H. The area is pretty wide, and the only restriction is to not hit the yellow kerb markings. There are traffic cones placed there too, do not knock these over. Parking slightly slanted is fine too, as long as it is within the yellow border. Many folks touched the cones or the lines while trying to level out the car. The same officer who was for the gradient test accompanied us in the car for the "H" test.

13) The figure of "8" is the most important and is completely automated with sensors and cameras all over. You are graded for 50 marks here, with parameters being minimum speed (>=7kmph), Time taken to complete the test (75 seconds) etc. Hitting the yellow lines invadvertantly or stopping or reversing (yes, that happened too) will earn you an instant -50. The track is deceptively narrow, so hiring a smaller car may not be such a bad idea. Take it nice and easy and you should sail through. A red signal glows for people whom the computer fails instantly.

14) Once this is done, get a computer readout of your test parameters from the control room with the scoresheet, and hand it over to the conducting officer for his/her signature.

15) For PCMC guys, the test ends here. For Pune guys, there is still an additional step of physically taking the application to Alandi Road RTO. We took the easy way out and asked the driving school guy to do it for us,as a part of the car hiring fee itself.

16) You are expected to receive the license in a month! There is no separate acknowledgment given, and the officer informed us to retain the E-Payment receipt as provisional DL. Which is odd, because you get the receipt even if you fail the test! Take a photograph of the computerised readout that you receive as well.

Other things :
1 ) Budget an entire day for the skill test visit. The slots have no meanings and are not honoured. Hence no "I will give the test and then head to work at 11" type scenarios.
2 ) Practice. A lot. There were no second chances given to absolutely anybody. as per newspaper reports, the pass rate is thus 45% only.
One can reappear for the test 7 days after the first one if it doesnt go well. Hence is important to secure a slot as early as possible to keep buffer validity days on your LL. If your LL expires meanwhile, you will have to get another LL and unfortunately have to wait another 30 days.
3 ) If you want to avoid all the hassle , Driving schools charge about ~3k-4.5k to get the entire thing done. That may include the school agent sitting next to you as you appear for the test and the officer watching from the distance for the gradient and the H test.
4 ) Did I mention that agents rule the roost here ? They were everywhere, outnumbering officers 10:1.
5 ) Try and break the agent culture and hire the IDTR car if you are confident enough.
6 ) There is no shade or seating area for the test takers at the track. We were there in pleasant weather hence wasnt an issue, but would be a problem if it is raining heavily or in peak summers.
7 ) Carry plenty of water, bottled water is sold at 2.5x the normal price within premises. There is a canteen too, but is very, very , very limited in its menu and availability.
8 ) Cash counters have been eliminated at all Pune PCMC RTOs , hence all payments have to be done online.

Do correct me if I am wrong on any of the above points. As far as I know , the above points hold true for Pune/PCMC RTO only.

Last edited by sajo : 19th August 2017 at 13:03.
sajo is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 10:15   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Guide: How to get a Driving Licence in Pune without an agent

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 10:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
3 ) Incase you do not have a license issued in Pune, or if its the first time you are getting a license, you need to book a LL test slot from https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/ . I am not aware of the test process , but should be farely straight forward.
AFAIK, if you do not have a license issued in Pune, you simply cannot apply for a new one. You have to get an NOC from the RTO from where you've got your earlier DL.
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:00   #4
BANNED

Quote:
I recently had the experience with someone who was looking to get a permanent license here in Pune without help from agents.
Congratulations, for getting the license by yourself and without an agent and also braving for a change in the system .

Quote:
Thanks to my outstanding negotiation skills, heres how the car rental conversation went :
Me : We need a car to give the driving skills test on.
Agent: That would be a thousand bucks.
Me : Okay.
I believe you made the correct decision to hire a wagonR from a training school. We never know whether or how they maintain the RTO car and you may get a negative marking because you cannot start the RTO car with a dead battery, I am just guessing here with my many stints with RTOs, I want to be proven wrong here.

Again hiring a narrow, light and small car will anyday score over a heavy and wide car with limited visibility in RTO tests, which also proved in your case.

Quote:
4 ) Did I mention that agents rule the roost here ? They were everywhere, outnumbering officers 10:1.
OT, not for driver's license, but for re-registration of my car and bike I had to visit PMC RTO twice and learned that by heart. I have seen people being rejected with "your photo copy of aadhaar is not clear" kind of remark.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2017 at 11:57. Reason: Typos
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st August 2017, 12:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I recently had the experience with someone who was looking to get a permanent license here in Pune without help from agents. There is no documented process to be found upon easy googling , so heres a short note about how we went about the whole process.
A wonderful and extremely useful gesture. I have done my licenses without agents and it is a fairly straightforward process from my experience. So is removal of bank hypothication from RC etc. Its sad that it feels surprising to get things done without an agent in an RTO. But yeah it is surprising.

Quote:
8 ) Cash counters have been eliminated at all Pune PCMC RTOs , hence all payments have to be done online.

Do correct me if I am wrong on any of the above points. As far as I know , the above points hold true for Pune/PCMC RTO only.
My last experience at RTO was to get an international driving permit & to change my license address from MH12 to MH14. This involved getting NOC from MH12 RTO (which I did through Sai motor school for ease) and then applying for the license reissue at MH14 RTO + application for IDP. This was exactly 1 year ago and there were cash counters at both places and transactions were all cash. If they have indeed made it all online and with electronic payments - then wonderful & due credit to government for it. However, I feel it would be better to keep the cash counters and simply make card payment as the only option available there to ensure properly traceable as well as convenient payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
AFAIK, if you do not have a license issued in Pune, you simply cannot apply for a new one. You have to get an NOC from the RTO from where you've got your earlier DL.
If you have a license elsewhere & simply apply for a new one here instead of applying for an address change, I don't think the RTOs have any checks to validate if you had a previous license or not. the systems are all practically standalone & neither is there enough manpower to do all these checks. Its all about taking the money and issuing the card (sadly). So I think you can just apply for a new license and get over with it.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st August 2017 at 12:37. Reason: typo
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Ah okay, I was under the impression that the hassle involved was so that people simply prefer to get a new license here in Pune. A colleague of mine had a book type license from another state, and he chose to get a new one in Pune for both two and four wheelers. The parivahan central database should change things now , for the better though. There should be biometrics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I believe you made the correct decision to hire a wagonR from a training school. We never know whether or how they maintain the RTO car and you may get a negative marking because you cannot start the RTO car with a dead battery, I am just guessing here with my many stints with RTOs, I want to be proven wrong here.

Again hiring a narrow, light and small car will anyday score over a heavy and wide car with limited visibility in RTO tests, which also proved in your case.
The RTO car is actually owned and maintained by IDTR. Hopefully, shouldnt be as bad. The current car as I mentioned earlier is a brand new Bolt XM. Should be good for a year atleast under all that learner abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
My last experience at RTO was to get an international driving permit & to change my license address from MH12 to MH14. This involved getting NOC from MH12 RTO (which I did through Sai motor school for ease) and then applying for the license reissue at MH14 RTO + application for IDP. This was exactly 1 year ago and there were cash counters at both places and transactions were all cash. If they have indeed made it all online and with electronic payments - then wonderful & due credit to government for it. However, I feel it would be better to keep the cash counters and simply make card payment as the only option available there to ensure properly traceable as well as convenient payments.
Oh okay. I believe only IDP cash payments are accepted, all others have to be paid online.

Supporting News Article.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:54   #7
BHPian

I have recently gone through the process of applying for a fresh DL from new PCMC RTO and agree with the very detailed description provided in this post.

Here are a few updates I would like to share.

IDTR provided TATA BOLT car
  1. Car rental charges for the test are now 200 Rs.
  2. You can rent the car (with the instructor) for 1000 Rs for a 1 hr spin with the option to practice on the very same track and do the 3 test routines i.e. Figure 8, reversing - H and gradient. You need to call them up to book the practice slot.
  3. There is a separate waiting queue for test takers on IDTR car and the time spent on the actual test is less than 10 mins.
  4. There is really no meaning to the online slot booking- RTO inspectors were conducting the tests at 9:30 AM when I reached there for my 11:00 AM appointment.

2 wheeler test

1. Need to bring your own 2 wheeler or borrow from someone - none available for hire.
  2. The RTO inspector in my case required everyone to produce the insurance copy of the 2 wheeler.
  3. Wearing helmet is compulsory.
  4. RTO inspector took 2 wheeler test only after all LMV tests were complete.

Other Observations
  1. The website allows you to book driving test appointment only after 30 days of issuance of LL.
  2. You should carry all originals uploaded online and the electricity bill even if you have not uploaded it as address proof.
  3. They never checked my medical form that is required to be attested by a govt. doctor.
sindabad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 11:53   #8
BHPian

Query regarding renewal of Driving Licence in Pune RTO

I've a query regarding renewal of driving license in Pune RTO. I filled up the renewal form online, uploaded the asked documents and paid the renewal fees (Rs. 466) online. The next step is supposed to be slot booking where I am required to go personally to RTO carrying the filled up application form along with 3 passport photos and medical fitness certificate. They are supposed to record my bio-metric data there and process the renewal of DL which will be sent to my address by post on completion.

The problem I'm facing is that I am unable to book the slot for RTO appointment (it's been 5 days). Whenever, I enter my application number in the 'LL/DL services appointments' page, I receive a message saying 'application is not pending at slot booking'. I'm not sure what this means. It could mean that my application is still being processed for verification OR my application does not require slot booking at all (I need to visit RTO as per my convenience) OR my application does not require me to visit RTO at all (DL renewal would use my existing bio-metric info).

I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Has anyone on the forum faced similar situation ? I could visit RTO as per my convenience to see what's happening but that would involve half a day off from office and I wouldn't want to let that go fruitless.

Any help from the fellow members is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 15:14   #9
BHPian

Re: Query regarding renewal of Driving Licence in Pune RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I've a query regarding renewal of driving license in Pune RTO.
=======
Any help from the fellow members is appreciated.

Thanks
You cannot directly book the slot. First you need to pay the fees online for DL and then it provides option to book the slot.
sumalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:10   #10
BHPian

Re: Query regarding renewal of Driving Licence in Pune RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumalkar View Post
You cannot directly book the slot. First you need to pay the fees online for DL and then it provides option to book the slot.
Yes, I had paid the fees online already. However, in May first week, I decided to directly head to the RTO with required documents. I went there at the start of office hours and they accepted my documents without any questions. My renewed license got delivered within 3 weeks.

Not sure if booking slot is not required/supported for license renewal at all. All's well that ends well.
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 13:03   #11
BHPian

How to Get Driving Licence In Chennai without Agents!

Hello All!
As an auto Enthusiast right from early childhood, the wait has always been for turning 18 so that I get my freedom to life ( for us BHPians the right to drive).

I'll be turning 18 on 24th of this month and anxiety levels are quite high.

I've enrolled in Maruti Driving school, completed my theiry classes and Simulation driving classes all before turning 18., so that I could speed up to the on road classes as soon as I turn 18.

It is possible to apply through Maruti Driving School, and the process will all be smooth but what I've come to know is that they send applicants in batches on thursday and from looking at the Sarathi website about the slot status, I see that the nearest one after 24th is 2 weeks away. The Wait is painful. Also the amount they demand is also pretty high.

Since it's a known fact that process of obtaining licence is now all online, I would like to know how smokth the process actually is. I don't mind spending a day at the RTO for learners but I really wish I could get it early.

If I apply on my own online I could get a slot as early as 27th. Can anyone share their experience about applying online on their own?
Both Ponamalee and Ambattur RTO are close to my house. Ponamalee RTO has lot more free slots than Ambattur. Is Ponamalee RTO friendly? Or better to stick to Ambattur RTO?
Are things gling cleaner after shifting the process all online?

Keep Revvin'
Old 17th November 2019, 14:59   #12
BHPian

Re: How to Get Driving Licence In Chennai without Agents!

Recently I was in Tambaram RTO for address and photo change in my DL. I applied through the Sarathi Service and the process was very straight and simple. Overall experience was good and I paid nothing extra other than the prescribed fees online. Staff were gentle and were helpful and answered all the questions. Would recommend you to take all the necessary docs, aadhar card in original with a black gel pen and a stapler handy.
Cannot comment the same with Poonamalle or Ambattur RTO.
Also,recommend to present yourselves neatly dressed in formals at the RTO. It works
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 15:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post

I've enrolled in Maruti Driving school, completed my theiry classes and Simulation driving classes all before turning 18., so that I could speed up to the on road classes as soon as I turn 18.
Practically, if your theory is as good as you have stated, you may well need more (thiery).

Having said that, driving is not just about being able to handle a vechicle. Understanding and following the rules of the road goes a long way in ensuring trouble free driving.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 11:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Also,recommend to present yourselves neatly dressed in formals at the RTO. It works
Thanks for the prompt response. It had all the details I wanted. Another worry is, since RTO's are usually crowded all day long with various activities, will I be denied my slot citing that I had done the application independently while those who come through driving school have an advantage?
Long queues, is understandable but denial after waiting?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Practically, if your theory is as good as you have stated, you may well need more (thiery).
Sure sir. I do believe that 'Driving is a Privilege, not a right'. Will surely adhere to safe driving.
Old 17th September 2022, 15:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Getting the LL (learner's license) :
Thanks for the details, really useful. Applied LL using this 5 months ago and now booked slot for new DL.
test for PCMC is @ Traffic Park, PCNTDA, Moshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
A wonderful and extremely useful gesture. I have done my licenses without agents and it is a fairly straightforward process from my experience.

If you have a license elsewhere & simply apply for a new one here instead of applying for an address change, I don't think the RTOs have any checks to validate if you had a previous license or not. the systems are all practically standalone & neither is there enough manpower to do all these checks. Its all about taking the money and issuing the card (sadly). So I think you can just apply for a new license and get over with it.
Have used this option only. The recent google reviews are not encouraging though. Looks like a "local" help may be needed there.

Name:  CapturePCNDTA_2.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  CapturePCNDTA_1.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  58.6 KB

Observations so far
Maruti driving school is there at PCNTDA who rent car for test @ 200. Enquired just now.

For new DL, below are my observations after taking slot:
  • There is no Form 1A required as per portal. Guess for new DL before age of 40 doesn't need it.
  • I'm not sure if I need to carry the blood grouping report or if self-declaration is enough. anyone can confirm?
  • The only documents mentioned in application acknowledgment are LL print and address details print of present address. Plus, will carry all print-outs like Form 1, slot booking, payment receipt etc.
  • taking your own vehicle was specified. Since I've booked for both Motorcycle and LMV, I will look to hire one there.

not sure how this will go, let's see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks