Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 09:16   #1
BHPian

Petrol stations and their behaviour

Hi Guys,

People talk so much of adultrated fuel and tampered pumps which dole out less fuel than displayed?

1. How to find out if a guy is given less fuel?

2. How to find out if one is selling adultrated fuel?

3. Which petrol pumps in jayanagar/basavanagudi serve good and correct fuel. (i have heard one opposite to lalbagh-westgate serves good fuel, experts please confirm)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th May 2006 at 07:07. Reason: posting in wrong section
Old 5th May 2006, 10:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Venkat, I always fill-up at any of the Shell or BP Pure for Sure bunks. And Reliance on the highways.
Old 5th May 2006, 11:06   #3
mxx
BHPian

Reliance and Shell pumps offer quality fuel.
Apart from that, company operated pumps of any fuel company offers unadulterated fuel.
Old 5th May 2006, 11:29   #4

Shell Gas stations are good.. I dont mind going an extra mile looking for a shell gas station..

Shell Super... Super maga..
Old 5th May 2006, 11:42   #5
BHPian

hope you dont mind my irrelevant question.........was not sure who to ask but how is one eligible to get a team-bhp bumper sticker for the car.?i saw a few cars that had 'em and it sure looks good
Old 5th May 2006, 11:51   #6
BHPian

Q&q

not many people actually opt to get the fuel checked although many gas stations claim they have a free(so called) check-up(system) for customers if they doubt the quality of fuel.........i maybe wrong since i myself have never taken the bold step to check the fuel purity or maybe its because none of us even think about it at that point in time!!!!

i guess taking a deliberate effort to get my fuel checked next time, will not only alert the gas station owners about 'concerned' customers, but also give me the peace of mind that i have got it done.

i hope that the quality of fuel improves since its you and i that pay for it.
Old 5th May 2006, 13:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Venkat, I always fill-up at any of the Shell or BP Pure for Sure bunks. And Reliance on the highways.
What is 'bp pure' and which is the nearest one to jayanagar?

i konw that there is one shell on hosur road which is 8 kms away from jayanagar.

i read on BP site that there is some thing call 'company owner company operated' pumps called BPCLCOCO, they say there is only one such coco on bannerghatta road?

has any one used this?
Old 5th May 2006, 13:28   #8
BHPian

I used to fill at BP Pure for Sure pump near Jalbhavan/IBM on banneghatta road. Don't think that one is a 'COCO'.
These days I fill only at Shell on Hosur road.
Old 5th May 2006, 14:22   #9
BHPian

Hi Sesh,

I agree with u, shell rules....there have been times i have waited for more than 20 min to get my car fuelled...but its worth the wait........

I have not tried reliance...till now.
Old 5th May 2006, 14:35   #10
BHPian

Shell Rules! Well, I don't completely agree. Shell Diesel has brought an economy in fuel dip for my Indigo and Indica considerably and I stopped using Shell Diesel. The Indica FE reduced from 15 to 10 !!!!
Right now, I am using Shell Super in my Swift, but yet to know about the results. Initial figues again suggest a drop in the FE. I would better switch to BP unleaded which has given me the best FE for the past 3 years. I would recommend the petrol bunk opposite to HDFC bank, Koramangala. They are the best, I have come across!
Old 5th May 2006, 14:59   #11
BHPian

I have used few Shell outlets, to my knowledge the best shell fuel is the one on Vittal malya road. My car really runs smooth. and also the BP speed petrol is awesome.
*cheers*
Old 5th May 2006, 15:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co
Shell Rules! Well, I don't completely agree. Shell Diesel has brought an economy in fuel dip for my Indigo and Indica considerably and I stopped using Shell Diesel. The Indica FE reduced from 15 to 10 !!!!
Right now, I am using Shell Super in my Swift, but yet to know about the results. Initial figues again suggest a drop in the FE. I would better switch to BP unleaded which has given me the best FE for the past 3 years. I would recommend the petrol bunk opposite to HDFC bank, Koramangala. They are the best, I have come across!
Strange !!. I have a carb Esteem and I tried Shell Super from Whitefield station. The car did ran quiter (Higher octane) Strangely my average dropped to 10 kpL. I have switched back to BP regular, and after 2 refills of 1000Rs each, my average is back to 12+.

I donno the reason behind it. Anyway I like better mileage

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 5th May 2006 at 15:15.
Old 5th May 2006, 15:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

I had always been getting good results with extra premium ...but in bangalore i get better Fe whenever i fill with Speed.i tried Shell Super petrol from hosur rd ..but did not see any improvement ...
Old 5th May 2006, 15:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well. This might be irrelevant to the topic, but I would like to share my experience at DG Petrol Pump near Padmanabhanagar. I first tanked up my Kinetic Honda there with IOC premium petrol. The tankfull made my wallet lighter by around 290 bucks. I have this habit of tanking up with normal fuel a couple of times and then tanking up with premium fuel. So, the next time, I tanked up with normal unleaded petrol. I had to pay around 320 bucks for that. I did not suspect anything that time, but when I had to fill up again last week, I did not have the time and inclination to stand in the long queue for the unleaded and since there was absolutely no one for the premium, I asked them to tank my kinetic with that. The surprise is that I paid around 290 for a tankful again. What does that mean when I am paying around 1.5 more for a liter of premium petrol and still end up paying around 30 bucks less for a tankful? Does it mean that the normal unleaded is adultrated a lot? This is scary because there is a huge line for the unleaded. On the other hand, I am happy that I pay less for a supposedly better fuel. Do let me know if someone shares such an experience.
Old 5th May 2006, 15:49   #15
BHPian

I fill up with shell in whitefield.. I'm getting a decent FE.. so no complaints yet..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks