Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 20:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti introduces 'i Create' customization options for the Swift

Maruti Suzuki has launched 'i Create' customization options for the Swift. Customers will now be able to personalize their cars using the online configurator.

Maruti introduces 'i Create' customization options for the Swift-swift-icreate.jpg

Last year, Maruti had introduced 'i Create' customization kits with the Vitara Brezza. Now with the 'i Create' options on the Swift, customers can have up to 120 unique possible combinations. The exterior customization options include roof wraps, hood stripes, grille garnish, headlamp and tail gate garnish, alloy wheels, spoilers, front and rear bumper extensions and side skirts, side moldings, door visors and window frame kit.

Maruti introduces 'i Create' customization options for the Swift-swift-icreate-back.jpg

Customization options for the interior include a flocking kit (red, blue and black colour options on pillars and center console), styling kit in wood or carbon finish, designer mats, neck and back cushion, steering wheel covers (available in red, blue and white) and seat covers in five design choices - cross highlights, vertical stripes, diamond quilting, mason style and silver streak checks.

Maruti introduces 'i Create' customization options for the Swift-swift-icreate-interiors.jpg

Maruti claims to have sold over 63,974 units of the Swift in the period of April to July 2017 which is an increase of 25.5% as compared to the same months last year. The company would want to maintain similar sales figures with the introduction of such customization options for the customers.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 23:08   #2
BHPian

re: Maruti introduces 'i Create' customization options for the Swift

I had come across this news and I didn't bother sharing it on our platform. This looks like a lame attempt to exhaust the remaining decals, floor mats and other hideous stuff like purple pillar trims depicted in the pic above. Must say a novel idea to clear stocks before the new generation swift arrives.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 02:25   #3
BHPian

Nice to know that Maruti is finally offering a factory ricer kit.
On the brighter side, this means we wouldn't have to deal with any more RS Swifts.
Doge is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 02:45   #4
BHPian

These kind of lame attempts are usually made to make any remaining potential customers for the current generation swift really wanting to go for it. And this could mean there is a face lift coming up.
Old 30th August 2017, 08:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

This also also means that they have started a trend of factory customisations that other car makers now have no choice but to emulate.

A good thing for the customer.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 09:00   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I had come across this news and I didn't bother sharing it on our platform.
Same here as well.

This has been available for the Ignis and now extended to the Swift. I am not sure if its available for the Brezza yet but possibly it could get extended there too. Except for the changes in the interiors, I guess all others can be done even after the car rolls off the production/assembly line and even possibly in the dealer yards.

One thing which came to my mind as soon as I read this was, suppose an individual does customize the car, could there be chances that it affects the resale prospects because not necessarily the buyer would have a similar taste. If it did, price for resale of such customized swifts could take a small dip IMHO. External modifications do look classy to a certain extent though and shouldn't be a major deterrent
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 09:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I am not sure if its available for the Brezza yet but possibly it could get extended there too.
The first car to get iCreate was infact the Brezza. Ignis then followed and now the Swift. Wonder why the Baleno has not been added to this yet.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 09:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
The first car to get iCreate was infact the Brezza. Ignis then followed and now the Swift. Wonder why the Baleno has not been added to this yet.
Thanks for pointing that out because I had seen some customized Brezza's but was not sure if it was something similar to 'i Create' or something else
Old 30th August 2017, 09:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a hit with customers of the Brezza so going by the same pattern would help Maruti rake in money from accessories as well.

Just the other day I was talking with a friend of mine who just took delivery of a Brezza and he was very happy about the 30K worth of accessories that he was able to customise through iCreate. Accessories through Maruti also offer a key advantage that Maruti customers are looking for - peace of mind.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 10:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
This also also means that they have started a trend of factory customisations that other car makers now have no choice but to emulate.

A good thing for the customer.
are these customizations really done at the factory, i am not sure. If so, then one have to opt for it while booking the car. I thought these are accessories which can be fitted through the dealers.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:31   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti introduces 'i Create' customization options for the Swift

I think this kind of customisation is pretty cool and since you're buying from the company, a certain level of quality is assured. Most customers will just add the amount to their EMI and for Maruti / dealers, accessories are another way to maximise the profit per car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
are these customizations really done at the factory
Nope, definitely not. In the press release, Maruti is only saying that these are "installed by trained technicians".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
On the brighter side, this means we wouldn't have to deal with any more RS Swifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
One thing which came to my mind as soon as I read this was, suppose an individual does customize the car, could there be chances that it affects the resale prospects because not necessarily the buyer would have a similar taste.
If done up garishly, it could negatively affect resale. I know of many owners of pista green Vtecs (1st-gen) & purple Civics that had a hard time selling.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 12:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
are these customizations really done at the factory, i am not sure. If so, then one have to opt for it while booking the car. I thought these are accessories which can be fitted through the dealers.
It is likely that these stickering jobs will be performed by blokes in the service center.

Who has the time in the factory/assembly line to find out which customer has requested which sticker!
Old 30th August 2017, 13:36   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
It is likely that these stickering jobs will be performed by blokes in the service center.

Who has the time in the factory/assembly line to find out which customer has requested which sticker!
Body graphics and other add-ons were available earlier also under MGA. SO with i create they have just added few more options.
jazzy47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:33   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

If the options are good - then its a wonderful initiative indeed & will not only create a good customization option but also a good industry for people to work in. Hopefully this moves everything forward to a more mature, organized industry with a lot of options for playing with one's car.

Although like mentioned by many members I doubt if this will all happen at the factory. Given the way & volumes in which Maruti's vehicles move, this will mostly be done at dealer level. Cars get assigned finally based on a lot of factors (right up to political weight) in India. If a car gets customized at factory, it will make things hard for such adjustments for the dealers and co.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2017 at 09:59. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:43   #15
BHPian

I tried the i Create. Except for the alloy wheels that you can add, the other mods that you have out there are downright ugly. I mean why would you want to stick a black lining on the headlamp cluster???? That was just awful!!! On the other hand, a customization option is definitely welcome, but it should be something meaningful
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks