Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'

According to Times of India :

Maruti Suzuki on Wednesday announced rebranding of its retail outlets in the country and these would now be called 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'. Promising a premium experience to its customers, the company said its main objectives are to provide a sophisticated and technologically advance option to prospective customers.
The Maruti Suzuki Arenas will have completely redone exteriors and interiors, and will now assume a modern appeal to attract customers - primarily the youth. As part of this massive operation, 50 of the 2050 dealerships across the country will upgrade in this financial year itself, said company officials. The upgrade will include product vision screens, personalisation spots for choosing accessories, cafe and lounge areas - among several other features.

Link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/60290492.cms
ckranjan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'

Isn't that what NEXA was for?
Regular Maruti Suzuki showrooms for an efficient, no-nonsense experience, and NEXA for the 'premium' experience?

Not saying people buying cheaper cars deserve worse treatment (I'm in that bracket myself), but this just confuses the whole 'premium' strategy.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Be prepared to shell out more for Maruti cars in future as they try to leverage their goodwill to start scraping out higher margins. This makeover which involves substantial investment from the dealer would have happened on the back of a promise for higher profits in future.
narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Be prepared to shell out more for Maruti cars in future as they try to leverage their goodwill to start scraping out higher margins. This makeover which involves substantial investment from the dealer would have happened on the back of a promise for higher profits in future.
Spot on!
No business / businessman ever makes these "improvements" out of their own pocket as a charity. These are always paid for by us - the customers. So...
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Isn't that what NEXA was for?
Regular Maruti Suzuki showrooms for an efficient, no-nonsense experience, and NEXA for the 'premium' experience?

Not saying people buying cheaper cars deserve worse treatment (I'm in that bracket myself), but this just confuses the whole 'premium' strategy.
NEXA was a stop gap arrangement for increasing price of car and justify the premium tag. Inflated price of some cars on same room would not have been a success. The success of it in such a short span would have been surprising even for MSIL. Their original intention is to start milking people without them realizing. This Arena is real deal now. They will slowly but surely increase the premium factor without investing much on the car. MSIL is slowly moving from 3-12L bracket to 5-15L and even 5-20L by 2020.The only hope for MSIL is that everyone else is also moving in that direction of price rice without any value addition so end of the day they are not going to lose much.
RaghuVis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 19:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has announced that its sales network will be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'.

The new showrooms will have a new blue facade and car buyers can avail of a valet service.

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-8.jpg

On the inside, the showrooms will feature interactive touchscreens and a personalisation zone, where customers will be able to mix and match accessories and configure their vehicles. Additionally, the showrooms will also have a cafe & consultation area and an owners' lounge. Relationship managers will be equipped with tablets with an app for customers to browse and compare different models and variants. Customers will also be able to book or personalise their vehicles through a new website.

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-7.jpg

The company plans to set up more than 80 such outlets across India by March 2018. Existing showrooms will also be converted to Maruti Suzuki Arena outlets.

Link to Team-BHP News
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-2.jpg  

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-6.jpg  

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-5.jpg  

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-3.jpg  

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-4.jpg  

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-9.jpg  

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-1.jpg  

TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 20:43   #7
BHPian

Then what is the difference between this and Nexa now?
Avikbrio is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 20:52   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
.....They will slowly but surely increase the premium factor without investing much on the car. MSIL is slowly moving from 3-12L bracket to 5-15L and even 5-20L by 2020.The only hope for MSIL is that everyone else is also moving in that direction of price rice without any value addition so end of the day they are not going to lose much.
I don't disagree with your thought process, but there are major issues with actually implementing something like that.

1. Maruti still hasn't shaken off their 'cheap car maker' tag, despite Nexa's success. Their most expensive product, S-Cross, is a dud (by their standards) and there's rumors they won't bother with the 1.6 MJD in the upcoming face-lift.

2. They don't have the engines to compete in the million+ rupee segment.

Diesel:
1.3 DDiS is old and inadequate for large cars, the 1.6 too expensive and the new 1.5 homegrown oil-burner is still in testing.

Petrol: The 1.2 NA is a small-car engine, 1.0 Boosterjet not a patch on the competition (1.2TSi or 1.0 EcoBoost), and they don't have a higher capacity petrol motor ready to deploy (that might change with the 1.5P on the S-Cross, if it arrives).

If this is just an exercise to sell the the exact same products at a premium, Maruti don't have much room to play with before they hit the 'I won't pay that much for a Maruti' ceiling.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th August 2017 at 20:54.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 21:06   #9
BHPian

So Maruti is doing everything to go "premium" other than making the actual products feel like one. No offense meant to any MS owner.
octane_100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 21:07   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting to see a discontinued WagonR Stingray-ish car in those renders. Perhaps the rumored WagonR MINOR that was speculated for a near future launch is leaked in it?

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2017 at 10:33. Reason: Removing image from quote :)
Old 30th August 2017, 21:30   #11
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Interesting to see a discontinued WagonR Stingray-ish car in those renders. Perhaps the rumored WagonR MINOR that was speculated for a near future launch is leaked in it?
The WagonR Stingray moniker has been discontinued. Instead the top variant of the WagonR, i.e., the VXI+ looks like the Stingray and comes with all the equipment that the Stingray had. Related discussion-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...i-variant.html

Last edited by AYP : 30th August 2017 at 21:32.
AYP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 21:33   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The WagonR Stingray moniker has been discontinued. Instead the top variant of the WagonR, i.e., the VXI+ looks like the Stingray and comes with all the equipment that the Stingray had.
My god do I feel stupid!
I had no idea that the VXI+ borrowed the discontinued Stingray's looks! Perhaps due to lack of them on the road...Or I'm getting too old.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th August 2017 at 23:31.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:31   #13
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'

Very good move. Finally Manufactures are being honest

Arena 'noun' : a place or scene of activity, debate, or conflict.
I guess they decided to make it descriptive based on the high number of angry customers
tsk1979 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 00:57   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

A video showing the finer details of the new Maruti showrooms.

Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 05:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Rightly pointed out. Whenever a Company starts speaking of customer experience during the sales cycle, they are actually looking to improve margins. Look at the Ignis pricing sold through Nexa in the name of premium experience. The most overpriced car today I feel.

Also I think this will be a Tier 1 strategy only where dealers have the moolah to invest so much money. But then what will Nexa really do!
2000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks